Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-28-2019, 07:09 PM   #1
Mcollins770

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS convertible
Wheel gap

I'm sure this has been covered a few times but I can't get a definitive answer. I own a 2018 2SS rag top and looking to eliminate the wheel gap. I keep reading post about the Eibch & BMR Lowering Springs. I'm not sure what size to go with. I'm presently running stock rims and rubber. I definitely don't want to rub the fenders off from the inside nor slice into the tires. All recommendations would REALLY help me out and maybe a few pics. THANK YOU..!
Mcollins770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:53 PM   #2
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcollins770 View Post
I'm sure this has been covered a few times but I can't get a definitive answer. I own a 2018 2SS rag top and looking to eliminate the wheel gap. I keep reading post about the Eibch & BMR Lowering Springs. I'm not sure what size to go with. I'm presently running stock rims and rubber. I definitely don't want to rub the fenders off from the inside nor slice into the tires. All recommendations would REALLY help me out and maybe a few pics. THANK YOU..!
Well, there are several options to choose from and it depends if your car has MRC or not.

In my case, my Camaro did not have MRC. I went with the Chevrolet Accessories Lowering Suspension Upgrade System for the Camaro convertible. Lowers the car slightly, about 20mm on average I think, and stiffens up the ride a bit. I am satisfied with the overall result.

I am running stock wheels and tires at this time.
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #3
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
I have the BMR lowering springs and I like how they've changed the look of my car. There was also a noticeable improvement in the suspension responsiveness during turn in, but I think you'll get that with any lowering spring setup. I'm running stock wheel/tire sizes and have no issues with rubbing. I went with BMR because they were not as aggressive of a drop as other brands and because they are made in the USA.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:52 PM   #4
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
I will be going with Eibach. I want the more aggressive lower stance. I will be adding the MMR 1le rims to my SS at the same time. I have some concerns with the rubbing too. I guess Ill just have to cross that bridge when it comes.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:06 PM   #5
gen6_1ss

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin Metallic 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearly_Canadian View Post
I will be going with Eibach. I want the more aggressive lower stance. I will be adding the MMR 1le rims to my SS at the same time. I have some concerns with the rubbing too. I guess Ill just have to cross that bridge when it comes.
I have the Eibach springs and the MMR wheels. No rubbing at all
Attached Images

gen6_1ss is offline   Reply With Quote