Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-11-2019, 04:52 PM   #6203
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
From the looks of this model, this seems to be a step in the right direction for sedan design. Looking at current sedan models, its somewhat easy to see how many are bored with the current designs. Buick and the other GM divisions used to be at the forefront in terms of sedan design. Their designs during the period between roughly 1957 and 1977 were considered among the best in the industry. It seems that corporate decisions coupled with government mandates contributed to the killing of design flair for sedans. The government laws were necessary, but at the same time as cars became safer and more efficient, design and desirability receded.
Yes, the picture was included in a recent article about Buick sales in China and I immediately thought damn that's a beauty.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #6204

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I stumbled onto this picture that shows a Buick at an auto show in China. It's disappointing that GM expected the bland U.S. models to sell and didn't offer this beauty.
What model is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
It's not the same vehicle though. Compare the outlined styling points.

Edit: The front end is different too.

Name:  Buick.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  36.2 KB

Yes, of course the "bland" US made Impala that sold about 13K units last year must be eliminated, and the Made in China Buick Lacrosse/Avenir , with some similar styling cues that sold about 2K units in the US must still be available and imported....After all, according to GM, no one wants passenger sedans any more, unless they are made in China and imported to the US and don't sell very well, that is.

Name:  impala 2LZ.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  4.7 KB
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #6205
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Attachment 974795

Yes, of course the "bland" US made Impala that sold about 13K units last year must be eliminated, and the Made in China Buick Lacrosse/Avenir , with some similar styling cues that sold about 2K units in the US must still be available and imported....After all, according to GM, no one wants passenger sedans any more, unless they are made in China and imported to the US and don't sell very well, that is.

Attachment 974796
Buick LaCrosse was built in Oshawa alongside the Impala. Now it’s built in Fairfax, MO alongside Malibu.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:19 PM   #6206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Buick LaCrosse was built in Oshawa alongside the Impala. Now it’s built in Fairfax, MO alongside Malibu.

Well that's good news...Thanks. But this Avenir is different than the LaCross..?...The current Buick Lacrosse and LaCross Avenir don't quite look like the one pictured above....must be a concept or another future year's model...
Old 02-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #6207
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Well that's good news...Thanks. But this Avenir is different than the LaCross..?...The current Buick Lacrosse and LaCross Avenir don't quite look like the one pictured above....must be a concept or another future year's model...
My understanding is that the third generation LaCrosse is built at Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly in Michigan.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:41 PM   #6208
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Thats the Avenir concept, shown in the Detroit Autoshow 4 years ago. Here is the thread Fen made on it back then: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391517

The actual LaCrosse Avenir is the same in China and North America.

Buicks China site for the LaCrosse Avenir:
https://translate.google.com/transla...crosse_avenir/

Buicks American site for the LaCrosse Avenir:
https://www.buick.com/sedans/lacross...e-luxury-sedan

Buicks Canadian Site for the Lacrosse Avenir:
https://www.buick.ca/en/avenir/lacrosse
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #6209

Quote:

Yes, I read the thread and it is not accurate. A picture was posted for a Buick Avenir at a Chinese auto show. It is not a body style that is available in any of the links shown in the post. It was stated the Avenir has been available for several years already after the poster of the picture inquired as to why it's not available. The pictured Chinesed auto show car is not available as shown. I can and did read the threads. Do you ever look at any of the pictures?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #6210
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

No, its not available anywhere. Concept cars never are.

However its style inspired the current LaCrosse and its name was adopted for a top-tier trim line on Buicks.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 02-12-2019, 05:48 AM   #6211
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
No, its not available anywhere. Concept cars never are.

However its style inspired the current LaCrosse and its name was adopted for a top-tier trim line on Buicks.
It should also be noted that the concept was shown first in Detroit, then in Beijing (I think...I was at the show, but Beijing and Shanghai alternate years).

And the Lacrosse production vehicle, including the Avenir trim, is produced in North America for North America and in China for China. That was pretty much my point in post 6195. I know of no differences between the two models, though I wouldn't be surprised if there are some rear seat content differences, based on China's focus on rear-seat passengers. China could also have smaller engines since their taxes are displacement breaks at 2.0L and 3.0L They might be using something smaller than the 3.6L.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #6212
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
GM-trucks.com posted up a rumor in reference to an LT4 powered Silverado SS.

Keyword rumor.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #6213
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Keyword rumor.
Well that's fun to think about. Also sounds very expensive.

They could just dump the 6.2 and 10 speed into a couple of sport trims with nice wheels and a 1 or 2" drop and call it a day, and it would probably actually sell.

I'm still waiting on my Colorado or Canyon with either the LT1 (never happen) or the LF4 twin turbo V6. Please GM...Please!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2019, 02:04 PM   #6214
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Keyword rumor.
Knowing how GM and the internet each work, this feels a lot more like the wishful thinking/insecurity of a fanboy who heard about a potential Hellcat Ram or 7.3L F-150 than anything GM would actually do.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 02-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #6215
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
And the Lacrosse production vehicle, including the Avenir trim, is produced in North America for North America and in China for China. That was pretty much my point in post 6195. I know of no differences between the two models, though I wouldn't be surprised if there are some rear seat content differences, based on China's focus on rear-seat passengers. China could also have smaller engines since their taxes are displacement breaks at 2.0L and 3.0L They might be using something smaller than the 3.6L.
Yes, I read that the Chinese version only offers variations of 4-cylinder engines.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #6216
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r...KCN1Q12PV?il=0

GM and Amazon both interested in investing in electric truck manufacturer Rivian.

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions