#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-15-2021, 12:27 PM   #1
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Widened ZL1 Wheels?

I've had 2 sets of wheels widened in the past, '00 T/A Firehawk +2" and a '00 T/A WS6 +2", both running 1" adapter/spacers with no issues from numerous burnouts, donuts, that kind of stuff...but also with 300 less HP.

I searched for kicks, but doesn't appear anyone has crossed this bridge, I'm guessing since the ZLE wheels fit with very minor modifications and you get wider wheels on both ends.

I haven't crawled under the car with it raining all week and supposedly through the weekend, anyone happen to know how much clearance there is in the rear between the tire and whatever the closest object is near it? I'm curious to see if it's feasible to widen them. If I'm thinking about things correctly, with adding 1" to the stock and adjusting for the new offset the car would need ~12mm to fit the 325/335 and would push the wheel face out the same ~12mm which I believe will likely poke (makes it a no-go for me).

Previously I have also kicked the idea around of putting the SLC's 19/20 Forgestar F14s (C6Z offsets) on the ZL1 and getting hub centric adapter/spacers to correct the offsets. While this seems feasible to do, I'm not a fan of the look (and cleaning wheels will still suck) and in all honesty it would be to put mileage on those tires so I feel like I got my money out of them. I'm kind of tempted to go this route, just hard to justify buying custom wheel adapters plus TPMS for the F14s...but 335's out back with some contrasting color wheels would be a nice change.

I did put the ZL1 wheel on the SLC and actually really dig the look, although offset is in the wrong direction and hubs on the Z are too small.

Attached pics for attention and just thinking out loud here.
Attached Images

- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:43 AM   #2
Zone5

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Dodge TRX
Wow, the Superlite is amazing. Are they built in Florida? BTW, my ZL1 looks just like yours. Steel Gray Metallic? And the stock ZL1 wheels look great on the Superlite too
Zone5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:58 AM   #3
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I would just buy a set of wider aftermarket wheels and call it done. I don’t know if I would want to use wheels that were modified like you said on a performance car due to structural integrity stretching the width of the stock wheels.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #4
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone5 View Post
Wow, the Superlite is amazing. Are they built in Florida? BTW, my ZL1 looks just like yours. Steel Gray Metallic? And the stock ZL1 wheels look great on the Superlite too
Thanks! The components are manufacture right outside Detroit, built in your garage (or someone else's). Color of my Z is plain ole black, 2nd color choice. First was definitely satin steel metallic, just couldn't pass up the price of mine. Really a fan of the stock ZL1 wheels on the SLC, whenever I get a new set I know what style I'll be looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I would just buy a set of wider aftermarket wheels and call it done. I don’t know if I would want to use wheels that were modified like you said on a performance car due to structural integrity stretching the width of the stock wheels.
I'm with you on that the structural part. While I never had any issues with the 2 sets I had done on the f-bodies, they also didn't have close to this HP either. I daily mine, so doesn't see any hardcore racing other than playing, but also would rather not chance it. Just after seeing the 335s and having a thing for OEM-look until people look close, just got me thinking.
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:22 AM   #5
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Yeah just get wider wheels. I am running ZLE wheels with no issues. 325 in the back and no rubbing after relocating the driver side harness. The front wheels fit too. I grinded a little part of the strut tab so that i could later do track alignment.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:40 PM   #6
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
I've wondered about the too because I really like the stock wheels but as said don't trust the structural integrity.
There are a couple of BC Forged wheels I'm thinking about but not sure which size I want 19 or 20. Although there are more tire option with the 19 don't think I would care for the bigger fender gap since they're shorter in height.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:21 PM   #7
z28deuce

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
The appropriate 19" tires have taller sidewalls so the overall wheel/tire diameter, and therefore the fender gap, is the same...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2021, 08:40 AM   #8
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Im running 345/30-19

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote