Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-04-2021, 06:56 PM   #15
Bob54

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Convertible
I notice the speed up piece as well but I used to notice it in the Avalon I used to drive. I have noticed that if I try to let someone cut in at slow speed they are intimidated by the front end of the car and always expect me to just go.

A recent quote from a local newspaper "Drivers have forgotten how to drive and gone ferel."
Bob54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:59 PM   #16
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Mustangs and Fusions, GMC trucks and Pontiac Grand Prix are all vehicles I pay extra attention to because there are alot of stupid people driving them.

Generally any sedan with a V6 that makes soccer dads think they have a fast car are reliable offenders. They really want to prove they can pass you or keep up with you.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:00 PM   #17
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
We call them passholes. They move from the right to the left lane just as you are coming up, then proceed to go .00012 mph faster than the car they are passing, blocking you in the passing lane. C’mon, man! The left lane should be like the bathroom, get in there, get your business done, and get back out!
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:13 PM   #18
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Lee County Florida has got to have the biggest compilation of asshole drivers in America. Everyone is on the phone. Your on your own at anything more than a 1 way stop. Anything more than 2 stop signs its who can not stop and get through first. Red lights are optional to stop. No U Turn means please make the u turn and give the other drivers a dirty look or the finger. And to all auto manufacturers, I can save you millions. That stick thing on the steering column that signals a turn or lane change, quit installing them. Nobody here uses them. They are obviously pointless and companies could save a ton of money! Over 20 years in law enforcement so I have seen it all. State said my 80 year old grandma was fine to drive. She had dementia. Even seen people jump on a bus after a crash and claim injury. Also seen it at a four way stop. People jumped into a Altima. I have my sports car but bought a truck so my car does not get FD up.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:25 PM   #19
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Pennsylvania drivers are so bad I can't even narrow it down to one make/model.

No blinkers, no lane discipline, sitting in the left lane, overly timid, no sense of right of way. I take the car out to enjoy it and half the time I can't wait to get home from these assholes.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:37 PM   #20
TruFan1LE

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I was just thinking about this yesterday. I drive my 07 Titan crew cab most of the time. When I do drive the Camaro some idiot always pull up trying to race. I either give them a nod and or I chunk the duece and continue about my business. There's always traffic and if it's not I still do the same.

On this same day I was headed home 2 Camaros and a charger get on the interstate and proceed to drive like idiots. I really felt some type of way about the drivers of the Camaros because I felt like they should have been in a mustang or something(no offense). At that point I was glad I was not in my car.

I finally passed them because they ran up on a Sheriff and that caused them to slow down below the speed limit. As I passed I noticed they were youngsters that looked like they were fresh out of high school(maybe still in).

If you drive you should have some kind of respect for the car you drive(especially one with 300+ HP) the road and the people around you. I have to admit I do a little spirited driving every now and then but I don't do it in traffic. Something I keep in mind is gas and tires are not cheap(the good ones anyways).

Just my two pennies.
TruFan1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:41 PM   #21
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes the drivers in Chargers and Challengers are asshats at least most of them where I live.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:58 PM   #22
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
they speed up, spray silver paint in their mouths and scream "WITNESS ME!"
Laughed out loud when I read that.

Drivers suck everywhere. Best thing to do is keep your cool, drive normally, use your signal, and avoid the assholes as much as you can.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:04 PM   #23
Anti-Venom

Drives: 98 Z28 SS, 2018 ZL1 HYPER BLUE
I know your feeling! Drive my Zl1 as my dd. And I have had this type of situation happen to me once a week. People don’t care and they are douche bags!
Anti-Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:32 PM   #24
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Lee County Florida has got to have the biggest compilation of asshole drivers in America. Everyone is on the phone. Your on your own at anything more than a 1 way stop. Anything more than 2 stop signs its who can not stop and get through first. Red lights are optional to stop. No U Turn means please make the u turn and give the other drivers a dirty look or the finger. And to all auto manufacturers, I can save you millions. That stick thing on the steering column that signals a turn or lane change, quit installing them. Nobody here uses them. They are obviously pointless and companies could save a ton of money! Over 20 years in law enforcement so I have seen it all. State said my 80 year old grandma was fine to drive. She had dementia. Even seen people jump on a bus after a crash and claim injury. Also seen it at a four way stop. People jumped into a Altima. I have my sports car but bought a truck so my car does not get FD up.

I can't remember if it was Boston, or philly. But a few years ago a car rear ended a bus. Of course it didn't do very much to the big bus at all, but being it was a bus and the ghetto it was funny seeing all the passengers suddenly act like they're dying and hurt, hoping to cash in. Might be a video of it somewhere. The news showed the bus security camera footage of it. Was pretty comical to see the fake injuries.

There are WAY too many old drivers on the roads down here that shouldn't be driving.

Then you have places like Lehigh Acres with terrible drivers, especially late at night because they're drunk OR high on drugs and end up wrecking on SR82. Always hear about SR 82 on channel 2 on the weekends with some drunk person wrecking.

If you want to see bad Florida drivers head north. Our drivers in Southwest FL are nothing compared to when you hit northern Manatee County. It seems right when you hit Hillsborough County the drivers are terrible. Tampa is just horrible for driving. Very agressive drivers and in a hurry. Pasco County too. Terrible because I'm up there every so often.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:34 PM   #25
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I get multiple drivers challenging me to race every time I go out. I can't afford a ticket much less jail time for street racing.

A few days ago, a Charger pulls up next to me and revs it. SHE rolls down the window and says "Let's run 'em!"
I say, "Every cop in town knows this car and is looking to catch me slippin."
She says "You just don't want to get beat by a girl!" and squeals off.

Ok whatever psycho.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:46 PM   #26
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I get multiple drivers challenging me to race every time I go out. I can't afford a ticket much less jail time for street racing.

A few days ago, a Charger pulls up next to me and revs it. SHE rolls down the window and says "Let's run 'em!"
I say, "Every cop in town knows this car and is looking to catch me slippin."
She says "You just don't want to get beat by a girl!" and squeals off.

Ok whatever psycho.

Unless she has the Redeye she wont beat you.

I don't have any problem in my SS from Mustangs or anyway. On the highway most get out of the way when they see me coming.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:59 PM   #27
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
happens to me all the time. people that can't keep a constant speed. people that drive in the left lane permanently, passing or not. people that drive with their high beams on (both those with their highs on, and people that turn them on and off, but keep them on way too close to other vehicles anyways).

people that pass you going 1 mph faster than you downhill, and go 5 mph slower going up hill.

people that pass you, get in front of you, and slow down. When you go to pass, they speed up.

I have 32 miles of freeway driving, one way, every day. I see it all. most of the time, I see it all in one trip, to and from work.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:09 PM   #28
Aow4321

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I can't remember if it was Boston, or philly. But a few years ago a car rear ended a bus. Of course it didn't do very much to the big bus at all, but being it was a bus and the ghetto it was funny seeing all the passengers suddenly act like they're dying and hurt, hoping to cash in. Might be a video of it somewhere. The news showed the bus security camera footage of it. Was pretty comical to see the fake injuries.

There are WAY too many old drivers on the roads down here that shouldn't be driving.

Then you have places like Lehigh Acres with terrible drivers, especially late at night because they're drunk OR high on drugs and end up wrecking on SR82. Always hear about SR 82 on channel 2 on the weekends with some drunk person wrecking.

If you want to see bad Florida drivers head north. Our drivers in Southwest FL are nothing compared to when you hit northern Manatee County. It seems right when you hit Hillsborough County the drivers are terrible. Tampa is just horrible for driving. Very agressive drivers and in a hurry. Pasco County too. Terrible because I'm up there every so often.

Obviously you guys have never been to Miami/Hialeah...
Aow4321 is offline   Reply With Quote