Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-06-2021, 09:49 AM   #1
colti

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Delivery times during the chip shortage.

My local dealership had a Camaro in transit that I already paid for days before the assembly plant shutdown in March. Obviously I was told that the car would be coming that week, but now 2 months later I still have no updates. My VIN is 1G1FF1R72M0133971(if anyone can somehow find a way to find more information, it would be greatly appreciated). I have already put it in the JCT Pals Portal and it says the car has been delivered to Lansing-Racer Trust on March 3rd which was before I even bought the car. I am assuming this place is the rail yard and it has been sitting there since that date. Please let me know if you find any more details on the shipping times.
colti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #2
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Ask your dealership, who had placed the order for you. Cars (vehicles) are not like packages from Amazon, where you are able to track it's every move.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:32 AM   #3
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Currently at 4D00 status, which is delay due to missing parts. It's one of the many cars sitting waiting on a part that requires the microprocessor that is currently scarce.

If you're lucky, they will get the part installed this week during the uptime, otherwise, I wouldn't expect to see it until July.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #4
Rapidzle

Drives: 2015 SS/RS M6 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by colti View Post
My local dealership had a Camaro in transit that I already paid for days before the assembly plant shutdown in March. Obviously I was told that the car would be coming that week, but now 2 months later I still have no updates. My VIN is 1G1FF1R72M0133971(if anyone can somehow find a way to find more information, it would be greatly appreciated). I have already put it in the JCT Pals Portal and it says the car has been delivered to Lansing-Racer Trust on March 3rd which was before I even bought the car. I am assuming this place is the rail yard and it has been sitting there since that date. Please let me know if you find any more details on the shipping times.
So I actually learned from a buddy in a Facebook group, since you have the vin you can track the car via on star. I’ve never personally tried it but they showed screen shots of them tracking the cars every move from lansing
Rapidzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:35 AM   #5
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Ask your dealership, who had placed the order for you. Cars (vehicles) are not like packages from Amazon, where you are able to track it's every move.
Actually, dealers can track it's every move once it is built and ready to ship. There is a new app for dealers that allows us to GPS track the vehicles once GM reports they are ready to ship.

That said, the cars at 4D00 are not marked ready to ship so they can't be tracked within this app.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:40 AM   #6

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Are new Corvettes also having this chip shortage?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:05 AM   #7
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yes but not to the extent of other models. Corvettes are getting priority for chip allocation. Basically, there are 3 vehicle groups getting priority for them.

Corvette, Full Size Trucks and Full Size SUVs.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:30 PM   #8
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yes, but there are other problems causing shutdowns of C8 production too. Next week, for example, Bowling Green will be shut down, for the second time I think, due to a lack of transmissions from the supplier. GM originally said it was going to produce more than 50,000 C8s per year; the last number I saw was way lower than that for 2020 and 2021 together. Even though production hasn't started yet for the 2022s, some dealers already are only taking orders for 2023s.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:50 PM   #9
Bears 2ss

Drives: 2021 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Currently at 4D00 status, which is delay due to missing parts. It's one of the many cars sitting waiting on a part that requires the microprocessor that is currently scarce.

If you're lucky, they will get the part installed this week during the uptime, otherwise, I wouldn't expect to see it until July.
I found out from kOjdd from my vin number that my car was bayed on the 4th of may then on the10th of may was dropped off at rail yard in langsing.Would you suspect that it was one that got a chip or whatever to complete its build. Hopefully its ready to be sent to dealership.
Bears 2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:55 PM   #10
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears 2ss View Post
I found out from kOjdd from my vin number that my car was bayed on the 4th of may then on the10th of may was dropped off at rail yard in langsing.Would you suspect that it was one that got a chip or whatever to complete its build. Hopefully its ready to be sent to dealership.

If it's in transit ready to be chucked onto the train I don't see the hold up unless it's a transportation issue. It's been 8 days. They need to get that sh*t on the train.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:58 PM   #11
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Yes but not to the extent of other models. Corvettes are getting priority for chip allocation. Basically, there are 3 vehicle groups getting priority for them.

Corvette, Full Size Trucks and Full Size SUVs.

Why does Camaro always get the shaft? This Camaro shortage went on before Corona as well. Even before Corona it wasn't easy finding a Camaro because dealers didn't carry a surplus of them.

The Chevy and Jeep Stealership down the road has a shortage problem of cars big time, BUT their lots are full of SUVs and Jeeps. SUVs everywhere.

Camaro is very important car. Fun to drive compared to a slow Equinox.
Old 05-19-2021, 12:17 AM   #12
Bears 2ss

Drives: 2021 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
If it's in transit ready to be chucked onto the train I don't see the hold up unless it's a transportation issue. It's been 8 days. They need to get that sh*t on the train.
I appreciate the feed back I hope it's on a train on one soon it's been a long wait. I definitely agree they should be moving the cars out as soon as possible.
Bears 2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:40 AM   #13
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Why does Camaro always get the shaft? This Camaro shortage went on before Corona as well. Even before Corona it wasn't easy finding a Camaro because dealers didn't carry a surplus of them.

The Chevy and Jeep Stealership down the road has a shortage problem of cars big time, BUT their lots are full of SUVs and Jeeps. SUVs everywhere.

Camaro is very important car. Fun to drive compared to a slow Equinox.

Camaro doesn’t sell well. It’s why pre covid dralers didn’t stock alot of them and why their last on the pecking order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:01 AM   #14
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Camaro doesn’t sell well. It’s why pre covid dralers didn’t stock alot of them and why their last on the pecking order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the Viz issues I don't see why it's not a good seller. If dealers would focus on carrying more NORMAL LT1s (not loaded up) and the 1ss Camaros their sales would be more.

When dealers do have the lower priced V8 models they tend to fly off the lot faster versus loaded up 2SS models pushing 50 grand higher if a soft top.

Even a LT1 or a standard 1ss base model would be premium 15 years ago. It's not like a 1968 muscle car bare bones no AC or power steering.

Ford learned from this. The early days of the Coyote like 2011 and 2012 model years the dealers would NEVER carry a base model 5.0, only the premium. Many just wanted the base model on the forums because it was thousands cheaper and you're paying more money for the premium in order to have crappy fake leather. Now Ford pumps out their base model GTs and they sell really well and dealers carry them.

The Camaro 5th gen was a goat, big, plasticky and slower yet it was more popular than the faster and refined 6th which is what I don't get.

Overall IMO GM just doesn't care much about the Camaro. IMO it's going to be killed off eventually. The 400z is coming out soon and they will lose more sales in sports car class if something is done.

Regarding not being shipped I've seen the same things in the past on the Camaro forums regarding Mustangs sitting for weeks completed but never loaded up on the train.