Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-30-2019, 05:40 PM   #29
Shelby78

Drives: 2020 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by viurniel View Post
That is exactly what he is doing by bringing it up. Otherwise, why make the claim? Also, I am going to respectfully disagree with you too.

Ahhh forget my nonsense...Lets make this fun?

I come from an era where M6 where preferred by guys that like driving while grabbing the shape of a dildo at all times.

How about, we are now in a SAD era where car guys gut butthurt if you say something is gay... Or can I not say butthurt as that's kinda gay?
Shelby78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:28 PM   #30
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
It is pretty sad that we live in a time where it is so easy to hurt someone's feelings.

But, these are the times we live in.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:15 PM   #31
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
Deleting. I made my point in other comments.
viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:22 PM   #32
The Manalishi

Drives: 2018 M5
Some of you all need to go ask your wives to pull your balls out their purse and let you hold them for a minute. Jebus.
The Manalishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #33
viurniel
@viurniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
Some of you all need to go ask your wives to pull your balls out their purse and let you hold them for a minute. Jebus.
Maybe, but my wife was the one that bought my ZLE.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:49 PM   #34
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Maybe, but my wife was the one that bought my ZLE.
I need a woman like that
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:24 AM   #35
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
I didn't intend for the gay comment to be taken as a comment on sexuality. Let's say I also came from a time where calling something gay didn't send people off the deep end and running for a safe space.

The era of preferring an automatic is probably what, 5 years old at most? Many older sports cars are worth much less if they are an automatic. You can get a Porsche 944 auto for much cheaper than a manual.

What I think actually happened here is that some guys with the A10 want to act as if they're smarter and have a better car because of their transmission choice. They neglected to realize that not everyone wants an automatic in a sports car. I think feelings got hurt when guys with a M6 didn't bow to their superiority. They singled out the word "gay" to justify their insecurities. JMHO.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:32 AM   #36
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I like that the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE offer a choice for the transmission either a A10 or M6! The buyer can choose when one they want!��
Old 12-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #37
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
To each his own. I personally don’t find and auto to be fun to drive. I am blessed to own several cars that are autos with paddles and they don’t do anything for me besides get me from point A to point B. When I go for a “fun” drive I want the manual.

I’m not a street racer or a track rat, so I really don’t care if one shifts .1 seconds faster than the other. I drive the car for my own enjoyment and no one else’s.

If you prefer the auto, good for you. Enjoy. I will be enjoying mine.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #38
viurniel
@viurniel

The funny thing is that when the M6 folks are ranting on the A10 with 'insert choice of words' the A10 crowd has to put up - when we reply to or pick on the M6 folks, ohh shit... the feelings are hurt all over. I am sorry if your feelings were hurt with my response(s).

Member who asked about butthurt: Lol, I don't know enough to answer that. If you really need an answer, download Grinder. Good luck!

Era of automatics: I have to disagree as F1 cars have paddle shifted since the 90's. For years, Fuel Dragsters and Funny Cars have adjusted power to the wheels with computerized timing and the Pro Stock cars can be shifted at full throttle with no clutch. Automatic has been the tendency for a long time.

And don't get it wrong I have a few manual cars myself. My response was on the side of sarcasm, but I get that intent doesn't translate well through a keyboard.

Is it OK if I state the fact that the A10 is faster? LOL
Old 12-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #39
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
For me if I wanted to win 0 to 60 races I would go buy a Tesla, for me its all about having fun while Im going fast. The A10 is fun also but its not the same as the M6. M6 for me always.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #40
Artryan

Quote:
The funny thing is that when the M6 folks are ranting on the A10 with 'insert choice of words' the A10 crowd has to put up - when we reply to or pick on the M6 folks, ohh shit... the feelings are hurt all over. I am sorry if your feelings were hurt with my response(s).

Member who asked about butthurt: Lol, I don't know enough to answer that. If you really need an answer, download Grinder. Good luck!

Era of automatics: I have to disagree as F1 cars have paddle shifted since the 90's. For years, Fuel Dragsters and Funny Cars have adjusted power to the wheels with computerized timing and the Pro Stock cars can be shifted at full throttle with no clutch. Automatic has been the tendency for a long time.

And don't get it wrong I have a few manual cars myself. My response was on the side of sarcasm, but I get that intent doesn't translate well through a keyboard.

Is it OK if I state the fact that the A10 is faster? LOL
I didn't take offense to anything, it's all good. The A10 is faster, but let's not get carried away about how long automatics have been preferred by using F1 and top fuel cars as examples. I would venture to say that the A10 is the first transmission in a Camaro that is arguabley anywhere near being preferred to the manual option by performance oriented owners.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:15 PM   #41
joe944

Drives: 18' A10 ZL1 , 18' F150, 04' MSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post
The era of preferring an automatic is probably what, 5 years old at most? Many older sports cars are worth much less if they are an automatic. You can get a Porsche 944 auto for much cheaper than a manual.
This is a good point. Manuals dying off is a touchy subject, although I'd argue we've seen the writing on the wall for more than 5 years.

Getting a 944 auto is like getting an auto miata. Those care are 100% about the driving experience, of which the manual is a part of.

Newer performance cars like the ZL1 are just so much faster that humans can't keep up anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
For me if I wanted to win 0 to 60 races I would go buy a Tesla...
Our EV overlords are dominating straight line performance on the street already, pretty soon we'll all be getting smoked by EV grocery getters from light to light.
joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:45 PM   #42
Artryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe944 View Post
This is a good point. Manuals dying off is a touchy subject, although I'd argue we've seen the writing on the wall for more than 5 years.

Getting a 944 auto is like getting an auto miata. Those care are 100% about the driving experience, of which the manual is a part of.

Newer performance cars like the ZL1 are just so much faster that humans can't keep up anymore.

Our EV overlords are dominating straight line performance on the street already, pretty soon we'll all be getting smoked by EV grocery getters from light to light.
We're already getting smoked by tuned 3.0 liter 8 speed Supras. Kind of embarrassing if you ask me.