Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
1fast10
Pearson

Drives: 2013 1SS RS
Help Please

My car got keyed on xmas and after 16 days in the body shop I get my car back all f******d up, enough so where the adjuster for the body shop called me tonight and asked me what I would take for my 10 ss. Looking for some advicve do they just pay off my loan and then Im f**** again or can I ask for Great condition on KBB? Or can I even go higher because I want to ? anybody input would be great. Damage to car is debris under the paint and clear the whole car All the channels are filled with overspray and clear build up paint on interior, leather seat all weatherstripping etc...a couple estimates I recieved were anywhere from 12 to 18k and niether one of them would take the job Help please
1fast10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #2
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
Here goes my 2 cents.

I would tell them to give me full credit (price) on my car and then give me a deal on a 2012 with a great interest rate. The 2012 would have to be identical.

Sure, you would have to pay the difference in price, but at least you would be happy.

The foundation for all laws in this nation is "What would a reasonable person expect?"

Good luck. Let us know how everything turns out. :thumbsup"

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
1fast10
Pearson

Drives: 2013 1SS RS
when u say full credit do u mean what its worth right now in good condition? A friend of mine said i should get what the book calls for but ontop of that i should get the payments I have meade that pays off my loan then gives me my down payment for new 12

Thanks for the reply tho to the new guy
1fast10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
Well I would make room incase they try to negotiate the price down. Best case scenario = you get the asking price, worst case = you'd prob get KBB value [or something like that]. It's your turn to play car salesman.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
What is fair?

The whole idea is to get a replacement car. You bring up a good point about how much you owe verses the value.

I would start the conversation off by saying, "Make me an offer on a identical 2012 with my 2010 as a trade-in."

You won't be making money on the deal. You will have to put up a few more bucks, but you'll be happier in the long run.

I'm thinking your loan gets paid off and you have a new loan with the dealership which is around two thousand more and with a great interest rate. Interest rates are around 3 to 4 %. You might get lower.

Start the conversation off and see how they respond. Go see them with a "Can you help me?" attitude and see what they say. Be cool. Be sincere.

Usually the individual will try to make a reasonable offer.

I see you live in Roseville. I got screwed from a dealership in that area. I hope it's not the same dealership. I ended up buying mine here in Santa Maria.

Good luck. I hope everything works out.

Go down there tomorrow and see if they will work with you.

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Every time I've seen this situation, the insurance company provides "comps" in the area. Typically you will see 3 or more comparable vehicles, which then sets the expected market value of your car.

Good luck. This is going to be messy process.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote