Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #57
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Rear differentials are different, gearing is different and the ZL1 has a cooler, 1LE does not. The 1LE axles are a hybrid of the ZL1 axles as the outer spline is the same because they both use the ZL1 hub/wheel bearing but the inner spline is not the same because of the diff.

Matt
Got that...I've seen theres a kit to upgrade from SS rear to ZL1, around 2100$...nice option.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #58
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Might want to try tweaking the static cambers a bit before throwing in the towel on those springs. A strut suspension responds somewhat differently to lowering for both geometric roll center height and camber gain than a short-long arm or multilink.

I hear you on what those guys were saying about one change affecting other things (and I was reading pretty much the same thing elsewhere a little earlier this afternoon). It's entirely possible to make a car feel like it handles better when it actually ends up being slower.

Norm
Hi Norm, I will give a couple of tries with different settings before I remove them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Matt. Say more about the ducts, what they do and where to get them? I assume cooling. What about stainless lines? And why not CTS-V brakes? Mind you I'm not hinting at anything; I have just heard others say to consider CTS-V brakes. When I was tracking I broke hard enough at times I felt the ABS come on. Coach in car said I was doing that wrong.
There is no direct bolt on duct kit that I am aware of. I was looking at taking the ZL1 fender liners and the ZL1 ducts and using them as the base. The SS front end does not have the same provision/duct openings as the ZL1 does so you will need to fabricate something to direct the air from the opening in the lower grill to the duct tubing. The good news is that the 1LE and ZL1 use the same (very small) backing plate behind the rotor that protect the ball joint from heat but allows more airflow.

CTS-V brakes are great at a cost! I figure the ducts can be had/fabbed for about $200 I think the brakes sell for about $1700?

-Matt
Old 08-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #59
Mike@HennesseyPerformance

Drives: 70 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
If I could have afforded the ZL1 I would have and that’s the end of it. However, I was impressed with the fact you can buy a 1LE, install a complete supercharger kit with an inter-cooler and everything you need for between 6 -10k and have a car which would have a large number of ZL1 heads tacked to its garage wall for still less money. Look at the things Hennessey can do for you with the cost difference between the two cars and that may make up your mind right there. http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/
Sunset Chevrolet in Washington build a HPE550 1LE for a client up there, same price as a ZL1, same power, but naturally aspirated, and same warranty.

Was a pretty sweet setup.
Mike@HennesseyPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote