Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
1fast10
Pearson

Drives: 2013 1SS RS
Need Help

I purchased a 2010 SS used from a Toyota / Chevrolet dealership about 7 months ago. Before I bought it I asked for a car fax report and they said it was unavailbe at that time but assured me it was all good. About 3 months go by and i noticed the fender was a lil different color, just barley but i got it. so i go back to dealer where i purchased the car and again the asssured it wasnt a color change and no accident had happened to this vehilce. Xmas Eve I come out to my baby and someone keyed the living crap out of it. Take it in to body shop for repair and they tell ( and document) me the r/f fender was smashed along with the rear also smashed and repaired. I am so upset with these finding. Can anyone tell me if i have a leg to stand on here?
I just joined this forum today so i could ask this question I am new and dont know what to do. Thank you very much!!
1fast10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
DandD

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2011 LS
The first thing you can do is name the bull$hit dealer right here on the forum so everyone here knows who they are. What state are you in? This is also the reason you NEVER buy a used vehicle without seeing a carfax on that vehicle even if you have to pay the $40 on your own to get it. There are way too many unscrupulous dealers still out there. Obviously the government bailing GM out hasn't really changed things too much I guess.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
1fast10
Pearson

Drives: 2013 1SS RS
Thanks Bro The name is John L Sullivan Toyota/Chevrolet Roseville Ca. I have been told i am the biggesr dickhead Known to man. I can go in there with guns a blazin all day I would like to know if anyone knows any legal aspect I might have Thanks DandD
1fast10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
11TexaSS

Drives: 2011RedJewel, FI
I may be wrong but, I'm pretty sure it's against the law for them to knowingly sell a vehicle that they know has been in an accident and repaired. Something like a desclosure act. Sorry if that's not of any help.
11TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Your asking a complex legal question - which you will probably need to consult with an attorney who understands the specific state law(s) on protecting the consumer & how they are applicable in CA.....

Remember the saying; "never trust a used car salesman".....

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
DandD

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2011 LS
You may want to get ahold of your local TV news station, and let them know what your situation is. Some of the news stations here are big on consumer problems like yours. Just a thought.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
call the police and ask them.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
nightshift

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
call the police and ask them.
It's a civil matter. Don't bother calling the police. The hard part is going to be proving they "knowingly" sold you a vehicle that was previously involved in an accident.
nightshift is offline   Reply With Quote