Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-01-2022, 09:19 AM   #15
tommcd24

Drives: 2SS M6 NPP Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Indeed, auto seat heating/cooling activation is a feature associated with remote start so you can have both the cabin and the seats pre-heated/cooled to the best temperature by the time you enter the car.

M6 owners are left out of this fun, as remote start is not allowed there (even though the computer knows what gear you're in, so it could safely allow remote start, or not require pressing the clutch for "regular" starts, when the trans is in neutral).
I may be misunderstanding what you meant above. With a manual, we may miss out on the pre-heating/pre-cooling, but they do automatically come on when the car is started. As others said this is probably an option in the settings, I don't recall for sure where in the menu this is located, but I'm sure I set mine to "on".

I will say that I have noticed the auto-cooled seats a couple of times when, in my opinion, it wasn't quite warm enough to justify cooled seats (warmest we've had so far this spring has been 65* or so). I fully expect I'll utilize the cooled seats pretty much all summer. And heated seats of course on those cooler days that we get in abundance in MN.

Dec. 18: took her home
Dec. 9: arrival at dealer
Nov. 16-29: Toledo, OH (railyard)
Nov. 9: 3800 -> 4300 (for stripes)
Oct. 8: 3400 status TPW 10/25
Oct. 6: 3100 status TPW 10/25
Sept. 9: 3000 status TPW 10/4/2021
Sept. 3: 2000 status (after 5 1/2 months)
Sept. 2: Change Order: 2SS (V6 constraint)
April 12: Reordered as ‘22 3LT RS V6 (March 16:Initial Order ‘21 3LT RS V6)
tommcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:50 AM   #16
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcd24 View Post
With a manual, we may miss out on the pre-heating/pre-cooling, but they do automatically come on when the car is started.
You guys in these newer model years are just living the dream!
I'm getting arthritis in my distal interphalangeal joint from pushing those damn buttons.
ctrlz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:04 AM   #17
z28deuce

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactownbwoy View Post
On my ZLE when I get in the car and start, not using remote start, the seats will automatically heat or cool based on outside temperature and the light indicators while reflect.

When using remote start, it does the same, but the light indicators do not show.

For non-remote start, from my understanding and how my car has been working it is based solely on the ambient temperature that the car feels. Doesn't matter if it is 100 degrees outside, if your car is in the garage and the temperature is low enough then the heated seats will kick on.

The car can only read the temperature from its sensors not the weather channel so unless the car directly feels the temperature it may not line up with what you expect.
This ^^^, plus a few extra comments.

When the car is remote-started, the indicator lights will initially be off, but will come on once you get in the car and physically press the Start button on the dash.

There is an Auto button on the dash in the HVAC cluster. When it's activated the car will automatically and independently adjust the HVAC controls to get to the desired temperatures set on the rotary controls on each side of the car based on the ambient temperatures. The 2 sides of the car are essentially handled as separate zones.

There is a Sync button on the dash in the HVAC cluster. When it's activated it will keep the desired temperature settings and automatic HVAC adjustments on both sides of the car the same. The 2 front seats are handled as 1 zone versus 2 zones.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2022, 06:45 PM   #18
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
I noticed mine seat heating turns on when I start the car (manual) and goes down to 0 after they get warm.

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote