Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-15-2020, 06:11 PM   #15
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
You shouldn’t pay to have the repairs done as the dealership is responsible for the damage done to your Camaro and should pay for the repairs.
Old 11-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #16
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
You shouldn’t pay to have the repairs done as the dealership is responsible for the damage done to your Camaro and should pay for the repairs.
I agree

I’ve got to the point that if I have to take mine in to the dealership I tell the service writer it’s perfect look for yourself and by the way I took pictures in your parking lot with my phone that are date coded... if it comes back damaged it own you. I’ve got a really good dealer but I just CMA, you never know.

Hope OP gets it take care and no remaining visible damage.
Old 11-15-2020, 08:22 PM   #17
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Holy Crap you guys, that’s inexcusable!

My Camaro is low mileage (not too many opportunities yet for my local dealership to screw this up), but I’ve owned 6th Gens for 3 years and i haven’t had any issues. I don’t have lift pads either... but do I need them? Seems like techs are trained on lifting these cars or they aren’t, and lift pads won’t help unless I’m doing the lifting?
Old 11-15-2020, 08:49 PM   #18
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Holy Crap you guys, that’s inexcusable!

My Camaro is low mileage (not too many opportunities yet for my local dealership to screw this up), but I’ve owned 6th Gens for 3 years and i haven’t had any issues. I don’t have lift pads either... but do I need them? Seems like techs are trained on lifting these cars or they aren’t, and lift pads won’t help unless I’m doing the lifting?
Short and simple. Spend the $50-70 (however much it costs) and save yourself the headache.

These damn dealer techs treat our cars like a Chevy Spark ffs. Any dealer I’ve been to has always found a way to either buckle my fenders/crack my rockers (or both).
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:12 PM   #19
17MaroSS

Drives: 17 2SS 6sp
Lift pads are one of the 2 things every 6th gen owner should have on their vehicle asap. The other is a catch can.

Last edited by 17MaroSS; 11-16-2020 at 03:08 PM.
17MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:27 PM   #20
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17MaroSS View Post
Lift pads are one of the 2 things every 6th gen owner should have on their vehicle asap. The other is a catch can.
Lift pads for sure, catch can you better check with your local deal to see if they are willing to let it slide. All three of the dealers I checked in my area said don’t show up with it on the car if you are still under warranty.

Could you fight it, sure but your car will be sitting at the dealer until you pay the bill or win the case.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:40 PM   #21
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Any place I have taken my last Camaro and my 2021 it goes on drive on lifts ONLY. I have lift pads and still don't trust they would use them correctly. Especially at the dealer unfortunately.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:05 PM   #22
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Lift pads are an absolute necessity in these cars.
With a jack yes, but with a 2 post lift you can lift the car no problem without lift pads if you pay attention to what you are doing. You don't lift at the pinch welds in this case, you lift at the connection points on the underneath(cradle on the front/suspension on the rear).
Attached Images

Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:43 AM   #23
KarmaKrush

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
With a jack yes, but with a 2 post lift you can lift the car no problem without lift pads if you pay attention to what you are doing. You don't lift at the pinch welds in this case, you lift at the connection points on the underneath(cradle on the front/suspension on the rear).

That was going to be my next question. If the lift blocks don't prevent flare, there must be another way. My husband was saying to lift it using the subframe. I'm not sure that's safe.
KarmaKrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:52 AM   #24
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaKrush View Post
If the lift blocks don't prevent flare, there must be another way.
Install the fixed lifting pads and there is no problem. They work to prevent any damage just fine and they won't 'flare'. If installed properly, you won't damage anything and have clearance for the jack stands and all that. I have no problem lifting the car and putting on jack stands with these pads installed.

I tried a few other things (frame rail lifting pucks, the magnetic frame rail 'adapter' for the frame rail, etc...). No good. Install the permanent lift pads and don't worry about it anymore.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #25
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Can someone please explain to me how lifting improperly causes the fenders to bulge out like this? Is it because they lifted the car by the narrow bottom of the fender?
Old 11-30-2020, 10:28 AM   #26
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Can someone please explain to me how lifting improperly causes the fenders to bulge out like this? Is it because they lifted the car by the narrow bottom of the fender?
Lifting anywhere but on the pinch welds risks damage. Lifting outboard of the pinch welds will buckle the fender support.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #27
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invertalon View Post
Gave the other two extra pads I had to a fellow forum member to use for his!
Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:26 PM   #28
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Lifting anywhere but on the pinch welds risks damage. Lifting outboard of the pinch welds will buckle the fender support.
I just want to understand the parts better and how the forces get transferred in such a way as to make the fenders bow out.