Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-27-2016, 10:04 PM   #85
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Hey Zack, I had the same feeling after i got talked into a BMW 528XI instead of a twin turbo V6 535XI and every time i seen a 535 i was kicking myself in the ass saying why didn't i just spend the extra and go with the bigger motor, dual exhaust ect. I found myself driving in sport mode 24-7 just to get the 4 cylinder twin turbo going. What happened after that was i rented a corvette and fell in love with it. The power was extreme to the BMW i had but couldn't afford the corvette at this time and wife was not having the 2 seat thing as well, I seen the 2016 Camaro SS came with the same LT1 motor, watched a few videos and kinda jumped the gun in December and went with my first V8 in my life at 40yrs old 15 cars later. Just enjoy what you have for now and then the time will come you will have the car you are looking for, but beware just like some of us we want more then we have now like a ZL1, Z28 ect after buying a SS...lol
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:06 PM   #86
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Buyer's remorse is the sense of regret after having made a purchase. It is frequently associated with the purchase of an expensive item such as a car or house. It may stem from fear of making the wrong choice, guilt over extravagance, or a suspicion of having been overly influenced by the seller.

I truly love my 2016 2LT RS V6. It is my first Camaro. Long time fan of the car going back to the 2nd GEN in the 1970s, the IROC series back in the 1980s and so forth. BEST car I have ever owned. I get so many looks and compliments about my car, I have never been so happy with any purchase in my life. When I ordered the car I just felt that being my first Camaro I wanted to play it safe with the power of the new 6th gen (V6) but more importantly, the total cost of the car. I had to set limits. But, now owning the car for 7 months, Unfortunately, a little buyers remorse has settled in. I Kinda wished I got the 2SS.

I know my 2LT V6 RS is a fast car. A lot faster than most cars on the road. I keep looking at the facts, 0-60 with the automatic 5.1 seconds and just 1.1 seconds behind the 2016 SS. (4.0 seconds). 13.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile compared to 12.3 seconds for the SS. I have put as much mods on my car as I possibly can. (front splitter, rear blade spoiler, splash guards, window tint, black bowties, etc.) I just wish I would've got the NPP exhaust!!!!!

So, all in all not too shabby. I am already counting down the days or more like 3 (three) years before I can trade up to the V8 model. So, in the meantime I will just enjoy my badazz ride.

Anybody else have a little buyers remorse settling in?
Normal.
You have a 6 then you like an 8
When you have an 8 then you want a zl1
You have a zl1 you want a z28
Z28 you want a capo
Perfectly normal, human.

Enjoy what you have
Don't worry, be happy!
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #87
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
SPEED IS JUST A QUESTION OF MONEY. HOW FAST CAN YOU GO?
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:41 PM   #88
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
I owned a handful of V8's in my life and most folks, don't want jump into the higher model and that's mostly due to cost (Most folks can't afford a 60k+ car and I know I can't lol)

How many 5.0/SS/Scatpack owners are not satisfied with their V8 and wants to get a Shelby, ZL1 or Hellcat? Personally, I know none. If they can afford the 60k + cars, they would have gotten it already to begin with. And if they want, they can/will trade up for it since money is more likely not too big of an issue and they can take the hit.

It's literally the same motor with the exception of a supercharger. The V8 performance of the LT1 in stock form is PLENTIFUL and with a few mods, you can have a mid-high 11 second car if 455/455 is not enough.

My point is, the remorse/want usually stops with the sound of the V8 from most people I know.. including myself.

Last edited by Richard0nee; 07-27-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #89
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
SPEED IS JUST A QUESTION OF MONEY. HOW FAST CAN YOU GO?
If you get up early enough and are smart about it, as fast as you want! I would recommend some countermeasures to anyone who thinks a stock SS is too fast. Leverage technology to limit your risk. The good stuff isn't cheap, but it definitely works.

Also, it's not all just about going as fast as you can either. Look up a website called motorcycleroads.us. I found some amazing farm roads near me to flex the car's handling. The site even tells you how well paved the roads are, elevation drops, scenery, etc. I found an amazing road near me and the right time of day to drive it. It's like a roller coaster with a stick lol.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:32 AM   #90
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I think i regret NOT getting MRC... Ive never ridden in a MRC equipped car, but would love to see the difference, if it's as drastic as people say it is over pot holes and rougher roads..

other than that, thankfully, I'm 100% satisfied with all my options.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:38 AM   #91
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I think i regret NOT getting MRC... Ive never ridden in a MRC equipped car, but would love to see the difference, if it's as drastic as people say it is over pot holes and rougher roads..

It's not THAT drastic. You'll be disappointed if you're waiting to feel like you're in an old Caddy floating down the freeway. The only real visible difference is that it eliminates the head bobble effect. Your car absorbs the impact, so you can still feel and hear yourself going over bumps, but it just doesn't jostle you. If it's a big enough bump, you'll still feel it. I like having it because of the roads near me and that it can be quickly turned on and off - but it does complicate suspension upgrades (until the aftermarket catches up).
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 07-28-2016, 08:02 AM   #92
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post

MRC is nice but it is hard to fully appreciate it on a short test drive. I mostly enjoy MRC on the highway drives. In my GEn5 1LE I would get a lot of "jiggling" up and down as you cruise at 75mph over the slight dips and raises in the road, which is what you want in a track suspension, that planted feel where it is keeping you stuck to road. However, it can get a bit tiresome after a while so that is where MRC really shines. I can set it to Tour mode and with the reduced dampening you will somewhat glide over the transitions in the road versus becoming a bobble head. This makes for a more pleasant ride when just cruising. The other cool thing about MRC is you can switch it to Track mode if you want to get the bobble head effect. IMO, Track mode is still not as planted as my gen 5 1LE was but that is what the upcoming gen6 1LE is for.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6

Last edited by raptor5244; 07-28-2016 at 10:52 AM.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:25 AM   #93
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
MRC is nice but it is hard to fully appreciate it on a short test drive. I mostly enjoy MRC on the highway drives. In my GEn5 1LE I would get a lot of "jiggling" up and down as you cruise at 75mph over the slight dips and raises in the road, which is what you want in a track suspension, that planted feel where it is keeping you stuck to road. However, it can get a bit tiresome after a while so that is where MRC really shines. I can set it to Tour mode and with the reduced dampening you will somewhat glide over the transitions in the road versus becoming a bobble head. This makes for a more pleasant ride when just cruising. The other cool thing about MRC is you can switch it to Track mode if you want and get the bobble head effect. IMO, Track mode is still not as planted as my gen 5 1LE was but that is what the upcoming gen6 1LE is for.
Yeah, that's exactly how I feel...I use it mostly on the highway, which is being redone near me...many uneven surfaces.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:49 AM   #94
Hyper RS

Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray Convertible
I have a Hyper Blue, Pearl White Rally Striped, 1LT Coupe with the RS Pkg, Tech Pkg, V6 engine, 6 speed manual and Dual Mode Exhaust on order. The car is going to be built next week. This car is going to replace my 2LT '15 Impala as my year round DD. I have in the past few weeks thought about getting the 1SS instead. A comparable 1SS will list for $6375 more. At that price I would not have the Bose 9 speakers that I would have with the Tech Pkg. on the RS. Also...I would have Summer Only tires on the 1SS and I would have to buy a tire and wheel pkg. for the Winter, where the RS comes with all season tires.
So, thinking this very clearly, although I would love to have the V8....it is a smarter and financially better move to go with the V6 RS. I think if I had gone with the 1SS, I might have "Buyers Remorse" because of the extra expense!
From all that I have read a V6 is only about second slower than the V8 in both 0-60 and quarter mile times, runs on 87 octane vs. 91 for the T4 and V8 engines.
I basically want a car that looks nice, is fun to drive and has decent power for when I need it. The V6 should fit the bill!
Old 07-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #95
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper RS View Post
I have a Hyper Blue, Pearl White Rally Striped, 1LT Coupe with the RS Pkg, Tech Pkg, V6 engine, 6 speed manual and Dual Mode Exhaust on order. The car is going to be built next week. This car is going to replace my 2LT '15 Impala as my year round DD. I have in the past few weeks thought about getting the 1SS instead. A comparable 1SS will list for $6375 more. At that price I would not have the Bose 9 speakers that I would have with the Tech Pkg. on the RS. Also...I would have Summer Only tires on the 1SS and I would have to buy a tire and wheel pkg. for the Winter, where the RS comes with all season tires.
So, thinking this very clearly, although I would love to have the V8....it is a smarter and financially better move to go with the V6 RS. I think if I had gone with the 1SS, I might have "Buyers Remorse" because of the extra expense!
From all that I have read a V6 is only about second slower than the V8 in both 0-60 and quarter mile times, runs on 87 octane vs. 91 for the T4 and V8 engines.
I basically want a car that looks nice, is fun to drive and has decent power for when I need it. The V6 should fit the bill!
Sounds like you have taken the time to determine your priorities for the car and how it fits into your budget. GM is banking on sales of the T4 and V6 since they represent about 80% of Camaro sales.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:14 AM   #96
Froggy

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
I have buyers remorse no more. In January I bought a decked out 2LT. A couple of weeks ago I traded it in for a 2SS. The one thing that made this possible was they were doing 0% financing, which offset my negative equity. When I bought the 2LT I talked my self into thinking the v6 is good enough, and for the most part it was, but deep down I really wanted the SS. Yes the gas a insurance are more, but it is worth it. The SS is a BEAST!
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:28 AM   #97
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
I have buyers remorse no more. In January I bought a decked out 2LT. A couple of weeks ago I traded it in for a 2SS. The one thing that made this possible was they were doing 0% financing, which offset my negative equity. When I bought the 2LT I talked my self into thinking the v6 is good enough, and for the most part it was, but deep down I really wanted the SS. Yes the gas a insurance are more, but it is worth it. The SS is a BEAST!
Congrats, I think you're the 3rd person that I know on this forum that did the trade. So far everyone said it was worth every penny.

SS is def. a beast lol
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #98
Hyper RS

Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Sounds like you have taken the time to determine your priorities for the car and how it fits into your budget. GM is banking on sales of the T4 and V6 since they represent about 80% of Camaro sales.
Yes, I have. Sure, I would rather have the 1SS with the V8 or preferably the 2SS, but then I would have to give up my '02 Vette convertible.....which I would not want to do! Buyers remorse can work both ways!