Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-29-2023, 10:55 AM   #29
Johnfin

Drives: 2018 ss
I have a black car in the family and it gets filthy. Its a once a week cleaning. It was the only color I could get for a decent deal. Granted when clean its sharp and deep. Another issue thats not an issue in Nebraska is the wicked Florida sun. Black absorbs the most heat, ie why you see so many white or light cars in Florida.
Johnfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 11:07 AM   #30
302crossram

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin 2SS
I got $1250 in gm rebates along with a $400 dealer discount

$1650 off msrp with ZERO dealer fees

this was on 3/6/23
302crossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 11:11 AM   #31
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfin View Post
I have a black car in the family and it gets filthy. Its a once a week cleaning. It was the only color I could get for a decent deal. Granted when clean its sharp and deep. Another issue thats not an issue in Nebraska is the wicked Florida sun. Black absorbs the most heat, ie why you see so many white or light cars in Florida.
Good points! Mine is not a daily driver and will never see rain, wet roads, snow or salt...so in retrospect, I guess for me anyways, it's easy to keep clean.
Old 06-29-2023, 02:41 PM   #32
SmittyZ

Drives: 23 ZL1 VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfin View Post
I have never paid MSRP buying a camaro at Don Mealey in Clermont. They claim they will never be undersold and its true. They may try to stick you with some type of set up fee or this or that but I just say no and it has worked for me. It does matter which dealer, most will try to gouge you. In my endeavors I have found that 75% of dealers are going to make a healthy profit off you. Buyer beware. That being said, hard work does pay off.
I’m not saying it’s impossible to get under MSRP. I was able to after researching, stalking dealers, etc. for almost a year and having to go out of state. At the time they were even marking up orders up to $12k so that wasn’t an option.

But if you’re looking for a very specific trim/option/color combo, we’re not exactly talking about finding a good deal on an Equinox here…. It’s rare to find exactly what your looking for at MSRP let alone under.
SmittyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 04:16 PM   #33
fuzzy03cls

Drives: net yet
I had an 300SRT in black...terrible in FL.
With the limited options & inflated prices I'm going to pass on the Camaro. I have some other cars to look at. If nothing pans out I'll keep my Charger.

Thanks
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 08:00 PM   #34
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
I feel like you do about not paying MSRP. Only problem is we cant go back to 2020 and it might never get back to that. I needed a new daily driver recently and I had to pay MSRP for a new 23 Toyota Camry SE. AND had to put a deposit and wait for 2 months for it to come in. FOR A CAMRY. Honda Civic's locally to me are marked up $1-$2k. It unfortunately is the world we live in right now. If you truly want the last of a V8 Camaro you might have to pay MSRP. Because that is more than likely the best deal you will find sadly.
Toyota is totally different animal all together... They use demographics and regional pricing, and you pay what they say you will pay and you will like it.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 11:15 PM   #35
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
There's going to be like 20 people in this thread saying they bought one for 12K at the dealer plus some free crackerjacks and shakey's pizza coupons.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 07:19 AM   #36
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Toyota is totally different animal all together... They use demographics and regional pricing, and you pay what they say you will pay and you will like it.
Yes, they also don't use the Walmart "always low prices" marketing strategy like GM has been doing since the beginning of time.

For example, they'll make a $60k truck (can't buy one for that today ) but you get $8k-$10k off of the truck (from Chevy) all day long. That is free money before any other additional discount (i.e. dealer discount). So although it was listed/stickered as a "$60k" truck... it never was and it never will be. Its a $50k truck but people can beat their chest around town that they're driving a $60k truck for $50k... when its NOT the case.

Toyota doesn't play those games. If a truck has $60k stickered on the window, that is basically what you are paying. Period.

Gone but not forgotten: ‘17 Camaro 2SS Yellow 6speed
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 07:36 AM   #37
FRANK121

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
I have mine for sale with low miles like new?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/0...-63c2695405a2/
Never been Dynoed
FRANK121 is offline   Reply With Quote