Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-16-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
The_DarkKnight

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Buy new ZLE now or wait til spring?

spring always seems to bring model year end incentives, but now is cold, any thoughts?
The_DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:00 PM   #2
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_DarkKnight View Post
spring always seems to bring model year end incentives, but now is cold, any thoughts?
Wait till Spring...

Bought my 2018 ZL1 for $55,000 at end of October, 1,800miles..

could of got it now for about $47,000...
Old 01-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #3
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Yeah, agreed. There are usually deeper discounts for 1 year old models VS off-season

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Yeah, agreed. There are usually deeper discounts for 1 year old models VS off-season
Deeper discounts and a deeper cut in re-sale when the time comes. Sometimes a wash...

All about the deal and just how good it really is.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:51 PM   #5
Ch1

Drives: 19 ZLE M6 Red Hot
What kind of deals were there last spring?
Ch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #6
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Local Ferrari / Maserati dealer just sold a 19 auto ZL1 1LE with PDR, Nav in Shock, mint for $54.9K. I am open to Red Hot, Crush, and Shock in that order. I called to buy it after they dropped the price from $59.9K to $54.9K - it sold almost instantly after the $5K price drop - to someone else.

Good news for us window shoppers on both new and used. There are way more of these already made and way too many being built to keep their value up. You can get at least $10K off new all day long, and currently, at least $15-20K off for barely used.

If and when I get one new or used and highly discounted, I know it's going to be depreciating like a rock still past what I get it for. I'm okay with that, but, I at least want 'x' off the MSRP to, for a tiny second, justify why I just sunk a bunch into another track toy.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #7
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
If you wait later then you might not have any color choices and options available! I say if you find one that you really like and want then get it! Why wait?��
Old 01-16-2020, 07:59 PM   #8
most-wanted

Drives: ZL1
why wait? there are or were big discounts on 19's and dealers don't want them sitting. Your gonna wait til end of 2020? The deals are out there. Go find one and enjoy the car. And buying used isn't the smartest especially with deals on new. Maybe some deals out there I suppose but new with deals. But to me 5k isn't worth the wear and tear that was put on it. Just my.02. Life is short, go have fun.

Last edited by most-wanted; 01-29-2020 at 02:16 PM.
most-wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:14 PM   #9
VegasZ

Drives: 2020 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by most-wanted View Post
why wait? there are or were big discounts on 19's and dealers don't want them sitting. Your gonna wait til end of 2020? Just bought a brand new 19 ZLE for $55,900. The deals are out there. Go find one and enjoy the car. And buying new isn't the smartest especially with deals on new. maybe if you found a used 18 in the low 50's. But to me 5k isn't worth the wear and tear that was put on it. Just my.02. Life is short, go have fun.
That is a SCREAMING good deal, well done!!! Makes me a little annoyed I only got 7k off my 2020 zl1 sticker price and had to drive 600 miles round trip to get that much off. What state was that in? There weren’t any good leftovers around here last month when I was looking and sports car sales don’t seem to be as affected here like they do where it’s cold and snowy all winter so we don’t get as good of deals but we can drive them pretty easily year round at least
VegasZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:34 PM   #10
most-wanted

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasZ View Post
That is a SCREAMING good deal, well done!!! Makes me a little annoyed I only got 7k off my 2020 zl1 sticker price and had to drive 600 miles round trip to get that much off. What state was that in? There weren’t any good leftovers around here last month when I was looking and sports car sales don’t seem to be as affected here like they do where it’s cold and snowy all winter so we don’t get as good of deals but we can drive them pretty easily year round at least
Thanks. I actually got lucky on somewhat local. In Georgia which never happens. I had looked for used. Wanted a new A10 1LE but they were holding steady and best deal I could find was $63K. Then found this deal and was like the A10 isn't worth the premium. Went in and deal was spot on. I was actually on a cruise lol and still shopping. lol. Actually cheaper than advertised. gave me a 3% finance rate and even got a $700 Costco shopping card so wife is happy lol. They didn't want my ZL1 and offered me low money so I said let me find a buyer and he said no problem. So listed it here and had a buyer in 24 hours. Everyone won. dealers exact words were we cant sell these zl1's I want it out of here. Finding that type of dealer is tricky. When they want something gone they can find the hidden money. Always makes me wonder how much is really hidden. The monthly tags change so just need to hit a solid month and find a dealer who wants to move the inventory for whatever their reason. Sometimes it something that has sat, sometimes they need to sell so many units that month. But yes I did get a little lucky but I shop hard. Dan Cummins. Donohoo, and others generally run employee pricing etc. Good luck to the OP on the search. But at the end of the day I would never just wait as long as it isn't a money issue. We always want to save. But I have learned life can change in a minute and go out and make some memories.
most-wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:10 PM   #11
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
March is when the prices start to drop on any left over 2019s - DEEP DISCOUNTS

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:57 PM   #12
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Buy now n park it.. as OE tires are not cold weather friendly.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:57 PM   #13
Joetheroofer1984

Drives: '19 ZL1 m6 BoB Vert, '19 Denali 1/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_DarkKnight View Post

Now's as good as time as any if you're going to have it for while. I just bought a fully loaded convertible m6 black on black for 60.8 + Tax Title

I'm in DFW

2019 Brand new never titled 18 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Buy now n park it.. as OE tires are not cold weather friendly.

Speaking of they throw lots of rocks at the car, looks like I'm gonna hit up Dr Color Chip.

Any ideas for keeping the paint in better shape around the fenders?

I live in DFW and construction is everywhere. Trying to avoid construction zones with small rocks is nearly impossible.
Joetheroofer1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:35 AM   #14
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote