Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 01-18-2020, 11:23 PM   #43
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGenNut View Post
Forgot I chucked my floor jack. Car is to low to drive up my ramps.
Might have to wait until I get the oil changed to get eliminator installed.
Is okay. Everyone is dissing the LT1. I was hoping to get some ideas about mods. And you are one of the first. You also should know you have the fastest NA V8 Camaro. I want to bolton my LT1. BuI want to avoid previous mistakes.

However with most ramps you can buy 2x6x8 or 2x8X8s and place them under your ramps and drive up those first then the ramps.

I have a set of race ramps, super expensive. I would not have bought them but I won them for free at a Millville Track day. With a low Camaro they are well worth it.

And I will be in the Tampa area next week to visist my sister. I know of lots of deserted roads.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:31 AM   #44
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
And I will be in the Tampa area next week to visist my sister. I know of lots of deserted roads.
There is an actual dragstrip just south of Tampa, in Bradenton on Rt 64. Could get some real data there on that modded LT1.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:20 AM   #45
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Is okay. Everyone is dissing the LT1. I was hoping to get some ideas about mods. And you are one of the first. You also should know you have the fastest NA V8 Camaro. I want to bolton my LT1. BuI want to avoid previous mistakes.

However with most ramps you can buy 2x6x8 or 2x8X8s and place them under your ramps and drive up those first then the ramps.

I have a set of race ramps, super expensive. I would not have bought them but I won them for free at a Millville Track day. With a low Camaro they are well worth it.

Count me in on the Tampa Tom foolery lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:22 AM   #46
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
There is an actual dragstrip just south of Tampa, in Bradenton on Rt 64. Could get some real data there on that modded LT1.
There's also an 1/8th mile strip a little closer in St Pete. Bradenton can be pretty far depending on what area of Tampa Bay you're in.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:22 AM   #47
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
WOOOHOOOO, did a run this morning in doubletap mode. Dumped the clutch at 4k and lit the tires all the way into the 70's.
Its like playing jimmy jet with a fire breathing dragon!!!
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:08 PM   #48
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGenNut View Post
WOOOHOOOO, did a run this morning in doubletap mode. Dumped the clutch at 4k and lit the tires all the way into the 70's.
Its like playing jimmy jet with a fire breathing dragon!!!
Nice!

Hey I got an email from Dan Becker who runs this company in Hollywood, Fl. He is building this scoop to lower IATs for Camaros. He said he would give you a free scoop and a fitting to test an LT1. It is not expensive and the grill has to come off. Not sure if they are willing to help you install it. It is a bit far for you. If you are interested PM me and I will send you his email, or you can get it on his web site.

https://www.velossatechdesign.com/
Old 01-24-2020, 05:58 AM   #49
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
There's also an 1/8th mile strip a little closer in St Pete. Bradenton can be pretty far depending on what area of Tampa Bay you're in.
From my perspective, a quarter-mile track is definitely better than an eighth, so the extra travel would be worth it.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:38 AM   #50
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
From my perspective, a quarter-mile track is definitely better than an eighth, so the extra travel would be worth it.
100% I've never been to Showtime in St Pete, just pointing out that it's there locally. I always go to Bradenton.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #51
ThirdGenNut

Quote:
Nice!

Hey I got an email from Dan Becker who runs this company in Hollywood, Fl. He is building this scoop to lower IATs for Camaros. He said he would give you a free scoop and a fitting to test an LT1. It is not expensive and the grill has to come off. Not sure if they are willing to help you install it. It is a bit far for you. If you are interested PM me and I will send you his email, or you can get it on his web site.

https://www.velossatechdesign.com/
Thanks that sounds really cool but I have to pass. If you hear of anybody that wants to test some 20x13" wide Iroc Repo Rims with some sticky 345's HMU!!
Old 01-24-2020, 08:06 PM   #52
ThirdGenNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
100% I've never been to Showtime in St Pete, just pointing out that it's there locally. I always go to Bradenton.
I looked up showtime, its like 4.5 miles from my house. I dont even have 1500 miles or the first oil change done. I dont think myself or the car are ready for that yet.

Old 02-04-2020, 06:19 PM   #53
Pro-2A

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1 MM6, NPP
Do the LT1 M6's have the launch mode that the SS's have?
Pro-2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:10 AM   #54
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-2A View Post
I do not think so. And track mode is missing. None of these are any help on a drag strip for the best ETs. What does is practice, practice, and more practice. Besides what good is a launch mode with 245 all seasons?
Old 02-06-2020, 09:09 AM   #55
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
I do not think so. And track mode is missing. None of these are any help on a drag strip for the best ETs. What does is practice, practice, and more practice. Besides what good is a launch mode with 245 all seasons?
+1

If it were me, the 1st mod would be new rims and tires.

It has to be pretty squirrely w/o TC on.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #56
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-2A View Post
You won't be launching anything on 245 all seasons...more like vintage John Force burn-outs.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote