Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-28-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
Brianw36
SNSTRSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
One Piece driveshaft spacers

I purchased a DSS one-piece driveshaft along with a BMR safety loop. The safety loop comes with transmission spacers. BMR states that the spacers need to be installed to correct the drive train angle because of the larger shaft. Just curious why DSS wouldn't supply these if they are needed. Does anyone have any information about this?
Old 12-28-2019, 09:54 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianw36 View Post
I purchased a DSS one-piece driveshaft along with a BMR safety loop. The safety loop comes with transmission spacers. BMR states that the spacers need to be installed to correct the drive train angle because of the larger shaft. Just curious why DSS wouldn't supply these if they are needed. Does anyone have any information about this?
You only need them if you’re running a driveshaft safety loop and a one-piece driveshaft. So that’s why BMR includes them, but driveshaft manufacturers do not. My GForce DS didn’t come with spacers either.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:02 AM   #3
DapperDan

Drives: 2017 1SS A8 Nightfall Gray
I take it that the larger diameter shafts could possibly rub the narrow part of the loop , the spacers are to get the shaft centered in the loop so it don't rub at least with the QA1 shaft I have
Old 12-29-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
Brianw36
SNSTRSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
I take it that the larger diameter shafts could possibly rub the narrow part of the loop , the spacers are to get the shaft centered in the loop so it don't rub at least with the QA1 shaft I have
Does anyone know if this new angle helps anything except to keep the shaft from rubbing on the loop? Or could it cause stress to the driveline? I would have thought that if this is necessary because of the larger shaft size, that all aftermarket shafts would come with them.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:13 AM   #5
DapperDan

Drives: 2017 1SS A8 Nightfall Gray
The bigger after market shafts have the clearance .
It only becomes an issue with this loop is how I see it. I have a bunch of passes at the track and so far no stress on the driveline. Wish I could say that for the pistons....lol
Old 12-29-2019, 11:29 AM   #6
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
My GForce shaft appeared to have adequate clearance without the spacers but i put them in any way, They did help to center up the shaft but i really Don't think it would have contacted the loop without them.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote