#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-01-2017, 09:13 PM   #29
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAUSA View Post
Any different presentation on the display to notify the driver of this? A notification or blinking lights instead of solid?
No one continuous holding of TC off button first shows TC illuminate, then shows secondary stability off illuminate after 5 seconds. Same as many new cars. Once it's off, both lights stay illuminated. Just like when you're in PTM, but everything is off.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #30
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
I have my exhaust fuse pulled, can't tell any difference. Keep meaning to reinstall it for those early morning starts (for my neighbors sake!)
Thanks. #51 stays in.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R

Last edited by zx9rmal; 05-02-2017 at 02:21 PM.
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:33 PM   #31
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
No one continuous holding of TC off button first shows TC illuminate, then shows secondary stability off illuminate after 5 seconds. Same as many new cars. Once it's off, both lights stay illuminated. Just like when you're in PTM, but everything is off.
Good to know. Still getting used to all the settings. At first I thought when the stability off light was on, that the nannies were off, similar to my older cars. After a month I realized stability track or whatever they call it was still on. There's so many options with this car compared to prior ones I've owned.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:02 AM   #32
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
I can certainly tell the fuse is pulled. Saying there's no difference wasn't the case for me. I say if you're interested just pull it and try it for one day. If you agree its the same pop it back in. It doesn't trip the check engine light so no worries there.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:24 AM   #33
ZXCamaro
Banned

Drives: Camaro
So this track mode throttle response thing is real huh? I knew I wasnt crazy. And I was using track mode at the drag strip. The car was a dog off the line and I was very dissapointed with my times. Best was 12.9@112 with a 2.1 sixty. I was ripping on it too. Maybe next time I will use sport mode with TC/AH off. And pull fuse.
ZXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #34
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
So Sport mode has a linear throttle map and Track mode has an "S" throttle map?
And one can turn all nannies off in Sport? If so, is there any difference between Sport and Track modes regarding suspension and exhaust?
Are they the same?
To simplify my question, what's the difference between Sport and Track mode electronic set up wise? Is it covered in the Performance manual?Thx!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:38 AM   #35
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
So Sport mode has a linear throttle map and Track mode has an "S" throttle map?
And one can turn all nannies off in Sport? If so, is there any difference between Sport and Track modes regarding suspension and exhaust?
Are they the same?
To simplify my question, what's the difference between Sport and Track mode electronic set up wise? Is it covered in the Performance manual?Thx!
A little bit more nuanced than that, but yes sport is closer to linear throttle curve and track mode is lazy in the first half of the throttle with sharper response in the second half.

Sport by default has the sport mag-ride setting and sport exhaust, track has track mag-ride and track exhaust. You can override either of these by going into the vehicle settings menu and manually setting either of these.
For example you can have the car in sport mode to have the sport throttle response, but set the exhaust and suspension to track mode through the menus. You can turn off all the traction and stability control nannies by pressing and holding the TC button, but will not have access to PTM (only in track mode).

More info on PTM here
dotfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #36
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Yep aware of the PTM details (I started that thread ) but thank you for clarifying the sport mode et al. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #37
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
I've driven in Track mode a few times and for daily driving it was pretty cool. More for the M6 drivers though. The first 45/50% of throttle being lazy really helped with shifting. Getting back on the throttle seemed to numb the transition noticeably. Then as you held the throttle and rolled into the remaining 50% it was very linear predictable.

I wished Track mode setting would just stay after you turned the car off.

I eventually went with the Vitesse Controller on S5 and just keep it there.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:49 AM   #38
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I drive in Sport all the time and have tested Track out. I don't like the numbness of track off idle and for the 1st 25% of the throttle input. It is to slow to response, GM really dumbed the throttle down too much based on the suggestion the track engineer made for that setting.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #39
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
I've tried both Sport 2 vs Race mode in Track setting (if that's what you're referring to) and Although I noticed the throttle response was different, my overall lap time was a bit better in Race mode than the Sport 2. Is that because the throttle mapping is the same for all the PTM settings in Track mode?

1:56.28 with Sport 2 and 1:56.13 with Race mode:
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #40
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Well, after discovering the "tuneability" of the driving modes through the settings menu on the display, I arrived at a good combination for on road driving. Drive mode in Sport, and then in the settings menu, sound=track and suspension=track. This gives me the better pedal response and lighter steering of Sport mode, but with full sound and tight suspension. Fabulous.

Just thought I'd share the love.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #41
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
track mode has different PTM settings also so I wonder which PTM mode it uses when suspension=track
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #42
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
I drive in Sport all the time and have tested Track out. I don't like the numbness of track off idle and for the 1st 25% of the throttle input. It is to slow to response, GM really dumbed the throttle down too much based on the suggestion the track engineer made for that setting.
yeah, try starting off at a red light (manual transmission) after switching to Track mode.... your pressing the gas and there is NO response till you remember "oh crap, i'm in Track mode!"

the gas pedal response should remain the same in all modes, varying it for different modes is just a gimmick.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote