Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-25-2016, 03:38 PM   #281
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaa56 View Post
I'm patiently waiting for the pricing and order in date.... I need an updated 1LE, just wonder what class it will be placed? All the M3 owners are saying that there's no way it will remain in FS class, really why, cause now it can do basically the same thing as your M3s have been able to do with dampening adjustments??? Sounds like some mad hating going on
Oh it's definitely going to ruffle some feathers! This 1LE is going to break a lot of hearts of the luxury brand sports coupes. M4 was already taken care of by a standard SS. I have my suspicions that the 1LE might be hunting more in the league of the Cayman GT4
Old 04-26-2016, 06:22 AM   #282
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Oh it's definitely going to ruffle some feathers! This 1LE is going to break a lot of hearts of the luxury brand sports coupes. M4 was already taken care of by a standard SS. I have my suspicions that the 1LE might be hunting more in the league of the Cayman GT4
No. Stop right there. You can't compare those two cars. At least the M4 had almost the same dimensions, weight, etc... including similar power and it's the German version of a muscle car.

The Cayman is in no way similar to a Camaro. For starters, it starts under 3k lbs. That right there puts it 2 classes removed. The Cayman is over a foot shorter in length, and the wheelbase is 13" shorter in the PCar also.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:14 AM   #283
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
No. Stop right there. You can't compare those two cars. At least the M4 had almost the same dimensions, weight, etc... including similar power and it's the German version of a muscle car.

The Cayman is in no way similar to a Camaro. For starters, it starts under 3k lbs. That right there puts it 2 classes removed. The Cayman is over a foot shorter in length, and the wheelbase is 13" shorter in the PCar also.

--kC
Perhaps (just to stick with Porsche) something out of the 911 lineup...the the 2014 1LE was faster than the Carrera S around VIR....

What else is out there that performs at this level we're reaching?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:17 AM   #284
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:

--kC
HAHA! You guys are killing me!

I didn't realize there was rules to bench racing. Isn't that all we are doing while we wait for GM to throw us another bone?

I mentioned a while back how cool it was that this Camaro will outperform an Aston V8 Vantage and some other higher class cars. I promptly got laid into by some of the rent-a-cops around here. I was told that I was dumb for saying that a Camaro was a better car than the Aston, when I said no such thing.

Contrary to some of your guys beliefs on here, a faster car isn't always a better car.

So to clarify. I'm saying the 1LE will be hunting around the Cayman GT4 laptime territory. Thats it! I'm not saying they are evenly matched. I'm not saying the 1LE is a better car. I'm only saying it will be punching well above its weight class! (METAPHORICALLY)

This is what this car was built for. It was built to perform above its price range and raise eyebrows at the track. I think it will do just that. But don't fool yourselves and think that anyone who owns and M4, GT4, or a V8 Vantage will decide they must trade down to a 1LE if they do in fact get out run by one on track.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:21 AM   #285
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
I'm no fan of Porsche, but comparing a Camaro to any is just... not right.

Vette? Sure. Go for it. Just different classes of cars. If Porsche made a bruiser sedan, like a less luxo version of the Panamera that had a kid with the Macan and made it a sedan/bigger coupe... maybe.

Heck, they don't compare the M4 with a Porsche either....

Edit: And now I see you're talking about track times. Coulda avoided me typing all these replies if you had conveyed that in the 1st place.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:23 AM   #286
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Vette? Sure. Go for it. Just different classes of cars. If Porsche made a bruiser sedan, like a less luxo version of the Panamera that had a kid with the Macan and made it a sedan/bigger coupe... maybe.

--kC
Maybe...but I look at it a different way...

Our Camaro's offer the performance capability to put a Porsche (and many other cars) in the rearview mirror around a track...driver's being of similar skill. That's a cool attribute to be proud of no matter how "wrong" it is.

It's not cross-shopping them...just beating them around a track.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:26 AM   #287
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Perhaps (just to stick with Porsche) something out of the 911 lineup...the the 2014 1LE was faster than the Carrera S around VIR....

What else is out there that performs at this level we're reaching?
Your right. For comparisons sake I should be sticking to the 911's. The reason I'm gravitating towards the GT4 is because I have a buddy at work who owns a GT4. Actually got rid of his 911 for it. I love that car and frankly I can't wait to get a shot at him on track when I have my 1LE. We don't bash each others cars or bench race. Just waiting for the day that we may get to carve up a track together.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:34 AM   #288
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:

Edit: And now I see you're talking about track times. Coulda avoided me typing all these replies if you had conveyed that in the 1st place.

--kC
I understand where you're coming from, but keep in mind the same could have been said about comparing a standard Camaro SS to a BMW M coupe not long ago.

This car is in the Same class as the Challenger and the Mustang. That's it! It does still run with other cars outside of its class though. I don't think mentioning that it can run with those other cars is a crime. It's all in good fun.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #289
Nataphen

Drives: None
Porsche dropped a GT4 into the IMSA CTSC GS class this year, which has the GT350R, the 911, and used to have the Zeta Z28. It may not be such a stretch to compare them on a track anymore.
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #290
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataphen View Post
Porsche dropped a GT4 into the IMSA CTSC GS class this year, which has the GT350R, the 911, and used to have the Zeta Z28. It may not be such a stretch to compare them on a track anymore.
I bet a gen 6 will be back in that class in the next few years as well.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:30 AM   #291
Nataphen

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
I bet a gen 6 will be back in that class in the next few years as well.

I hope so. That class is way too small this year. Nissan needs to get back in it too.
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote