Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-11-2016, 07:04 AM   #1
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Other than vendors, has anyone else installed the Maggie?

I'm about to take the plunge and install the Heartbeat, ARH, and a tune (HPTuners). I was wondering if any other forum members have added the Heartbeat to their cars yet? I know there can be issues when you're an early adopter and wanted to hear how it's worked out for everyone.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Can't really go wrong with Maggie. From all I have seen it's good but I like the way you think, wait till non-vendors to comment on it I would do the same thing! I know you have been looking at the ADM LT4 SC kit too. Would you go with Maggie over the LT4? And why? I am just curious, so far even though I won't SC but IF I did, I am leaning towards the LT4 kit. Maggie as a product on other models is still legit but OEM and LT4 SC is just pulling a little ahead for me.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #3
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
We make a Killer LSA Conversion also

From my experience,The OEM Blower is very capable....Just ask all the 650-700 rwhp LSA CONVERSION CAR OWNERS we have built and sold.

We started the LSA Conversion for the LS3 and L99 back in 2012 and have seen nothing but amazing numbers for 4 years now. We anticipate the same for the 2016 and newer Camaro SS.

Oem is not a bad way,just another way to get air into an engine. With millions of dollars in Research and Development GM and Eaton nailed this one.

Last edited by ADM PERFORMANCE; 04-18-2016 at 02:06 PM.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:49 AM   #4
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Can't really go wrong with Maggie. From all I have seen it's good but I like the way you think, wait till non-vendors to comment on it I would do the same thing! I know you have been looking at the ADM LT4 SC kit too. Would you go with Maggie over the LT4? And why? I am just curious, so far even though I won't SC but IF I did, I am leaning towards the LT4 kit. Maggie as a product on other models is still legit but OEM and LT4 SC is just pulling a little ahead for me.
Thanks man. No offense to any vendors here, but nearly every mod's dyno results can be easily manipulated and they have been if you follow the Corvette forum at all. You really have to be careful who you trust. If you've been working with a certain vendor for years on various cars, I'd say listen to what they have to say above and beyond what you see someone or some other vendor post. It's just hard for us to validate anything and tell fact from fiction based on what we read.

I've been doing my homework on these in the background for a while now, and this is what I've learned: The LT4 is a lot smaller than the Maggie and there's really no way for it to safely generate the same amount of boost. The Maggie was very well made, and if you're going to spend the money for a blower, you might as well go with the one that gives your car the most upside potential. Also, looking at how they made the LT1, adding a supercharger shouldn't be as risky of a proposition as it used to be. It's a lot less risky than messing with the engine this early in the game.

We've all seen the dyno results for the Maggie and I've had a chance to experience it in action. It's very DD friendly and quiet when you're not WOT. However, when the pedal goes down, it will melt your face off regardless of which gear you're in. I've had my car for a little over a week now and I know that isn't a long time, but it doesn't take long to notice that you get a lot more punch out of it in the first 3-4 gears. During the test, we hit the highway and experienced the same face melting power regardless of the gear we were in. Also, I highly suggest upgrading your brakes before doing this. There's no lag, just instant usable power across the board. You'll also notice that the big names (like Callaway for example) all base their systems off of the Maggie, then add their own patented mark to the build. Callaway's most significant functional modification to the Maggie upgrade is additional cooling, and then of course their own tuning (and warranty). I think the extra cooling benefits the C7 more than it does the Camaro, but I can't say for sure since I haven't hit the track.

So yesterday, I ran up to Jannetty and had Ted order my Maggie. Everyone here knows Jannetty well and I've been working with one of his guys for years. There's no questioning their reputation and that was important to me. I also didn't spare any expense and asked him to build my car out as if it were his own (we added some other goodies). I'm not looking to push the envelope with some engine imploding tune, but if there's one man that knows how to build out a Camaro, it's Ted. I'm very lucky to have him near by.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #5
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Thanks man. No offense to any vendors here, but nearly every mod's dyno results can be easily manipulated and they have been if you follow the Corvette forum at all. You really have to be careful who you trust. If you've been working with a certain vendor for years on various cars, I'd say listen to what they have to say above and beyond what you see someone or some other vendor post. It's just hard for us to validate anything and tell fact from fiction based on what we read.

I've been doing my homework on these in the background for a while now, and this is what I've learned: The LT4 is a lot smaller than the Maggie and there's really no way for it to safely generate the same amount of boost. The Maggie was very well made, and if you're going to spend the money for a blower, you might as well go with the one that gives your car the most upside potential. Also, looking at how they made the LT1, adding a supercharger shouldn't be as risky of a proposition as it used to be. It's a lot less risky than messing with the engine this early in the game.

We've all seen the dyno results for the Maggie and I've had a chance to experience it in action. It's very DD friendly and quiet when you're not WOT. However, when the pedal goes down, it will melt your face off regardless of which gear you're in. I've had my car for a little over a week now and I know that isn't a long time, but it doesn't take long to notice that you get a lot more punch out of it in the first 3-4 gears. During the test, we hit the highway and experienced the same face melting power regardless of the gear we were in. Also, I highly suggest upgrading your brakes before doing this. There's no lag, just instant usable power across the board. You'll also notice that the big names (like Callaway for example) all base their systems off of the Maggie, then add their own patented mark to the build. Callaway's most significant functional modification to the Maggie upgrade is additional cooling, and then of course their own tuning (and warranty). I think the extra cooling benefits the C7 more than it does the Camaro, but I can't say for sure since I haven't hit the track.

So yesterday, I ran up to Jannetty and had Ted order my Maggie. Everyone here knows Jannetty well and I've been working with one of his guys for years. There's no questioning their reputation and that was important to me. I also didn't spare any expense and asked him to build my car out as if it were his own (we added some other goodies). I'm not looking to push the envelope with some engine imploding tune, but if there's one man that knows how to build out a Camaro, it's Ted. I'm very lucky to have him near by.
Please, keep us posted. Very interested to see how this goes and what numbers you get at the end.

Thanks again for sharing your experience!!
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #6
crabman

Drives: Sniffin the tree.
Quote:

Yep, quoted for emphasis. It takes quite a while for the truth to sift to the surface on a forum. People really want to believe that despite CAFE and a hp war that is now decades in the making they really can get 11 hp out of an efficiency mod like new mufflers. And that this hellishly loud new muffler somehow has no resonance. The first guys post about it and talk about their seat of the pants gains and no drone and others buy in. Pretty soon though someone throws one on a dyno and it doesn't gain anything. Then someone else does and it doesn't gain anything either. Bit by bit the forum lore admits that there wont be any 11 hp gain out of a new set of cans but it takes a while. That resonance? Starts out it's all good but soon enough someone admits as to how they have just a midge of drone but only at a limited rpm band that is easily driven through and around. Not long after than others chime in about how that drone actually happens at some cruising speeds but they can get around it by driving in a higher or lower gear to avoid it. Fast forward a while and it turns out the thing drones like crazy and you can find a half dozen of them for sale on the private seller section at any one time and they're cheap, after all, everyone knows they have a bad drone.

It's an example of my point which is that you have to be careful on these forums when considering mods. It takes a while for the truth to percolate up to the surface, it's usually a bandwagon mentality, there are some vendors which will sell you anything you ask for whether its a good thing for you or not.

The fellow I quoted nailed it, IMO take advice only from well established shops that have been in business a long time. Those are the ones that will tell you a truth you don't want to hear. Or wait until the data points grow to where the early BS has been kicked to the curb and the information available is more realistic.

I've been guilty of jumping on that bandwagon, I've made the one mod too many which made the car worse, etc. Forums like this are an excellent resource but it's easy to get caught up in the hype...
crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #7
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Quote:
You'll also notice that the big names (like Callaway for example) all base their systems off of the Maggie, then add their own patented mark to the build. Callaway's most significant functional modification to the Maggie upgrade is additional cooling, and then of course their own tuning (and warranty).
No relation to the maggie, sorry. Just to clarify, none whatsoever.

Good luck with your build.
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote