Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-17-2016, 10:17 PM   #29
Fenriel

Drives: 96 t/a / Hyper Blue 1SS MRC M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
I call BS on absolutely everything you posted above.
The short quote above is the most hilarious.

EVERY professional engineer or tuner is going to agree with the following:
Front Mount Twin Turbos >>> Centrifugal Superchargers >>>>>>>>>>>> Positive Displacement Superchargers.

LPE was charging $30k for twin turbo system, when they were doing a PD supercharger system for $10k. So, your PD argument is a joke. I've had this conversation face to face with Graham at LPE almost 20 years ago when John was still alive, and he was far above you at LPE as the Chief Engineer.
I, and many other on here, were building FI cars in the early 1990s, so your resume is quite short compared to ours.

I stand by my statements.
PD blowers are only chosen because they are cheap.
If you're going to do an aftermarket FI system, do a front mount twin turbo or a centrifugal supercharger system depending on your budget and horsepower goals.
Honestly man, it's cool to have opinion and you have the right to yours, but you've already crossed the line several times and have been just plain rude.

I would go over the logical reasons why each system has there high points and why PD's aren't just "garbage," but the others have already done that...

So big deal that you have had a face to face conversation with a guy in the business, what exactly does that make you? Nothing. You're just another consumer of products, you yourself have neither created nor designed anything. No one cares how much money you've spent on a system, it doesn't make your opinion anything other than just that, an opinion. Which I think I can safely say at least for myself that you should stop trying to shove yours down the throats of others...

But I digress after seeing how you've been reacting thus far I'll just leave this here for you...

Fenriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:38 PM   #30
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Lmao - People skills first

"LPE was charging $30k for twin turbo system, when they were doing a PD supercharger system for $10k. So, your PD argument is a joke. I've had this conversation face to face with Graham at LPE almost 20 years ago when John was still alive, and he was far above you at LPE as the Chief Engineer.
I, and many other on here, were building FI cars in the early 1990s, so your resume is quite short compared to ours."

Actually it was $79,995.00 was the most popular kit.The 650 package was few and far between for 30k.

The PD was a horrible setup since you had to buy a hood that fit like shit and than had to deal with mismatch paint once finished.You were not there,I was.
No need to say more on that subject.

Graham and I talk daily, You can ask him today what he wanted to do with the new 2016 Camaro when it first hit their facility and you may be shocked. He wanted to do an LT4 Supercharger in the car.....But that got shot down. But what do I know

Once again ADM,LPE both agree that the positive displacement supercharger is the perfect place in the new Camaro. Not some Centri blower that like turbos take a bit of time to spool.

On a side not - AGAIN - we have first hand knowledge of what AGP TURBO is working on as its one of my cusomers daily driver 2016 Camaro auto,Ill give first impressions once it is delivered.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:39 PM   #31
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenriel View Post
Honestly man, it's cool to have opinion and you have the right to yours, but you've already crossed the line several times and have been just plain rude.

I would go over the logical reasons why each system has there high points and why PD's aren't just "garbage," but the others have already done that...

So big deal that you have had a face to face conversation with a guy in the business, what exactly does that make you? Nothing. You're just another consumer of products, you yourself have neither created nor designed anything. No one cares how much money you've spent on a system, it doesn't make your opinion anything other than just that, an opinion. Which I think I can safely say at least for myself that you should stop trying to shove yours down the throats of others...

But I digress after seeing how you've been reacting thus far I'll just leave this here for you...

ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #32
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Go look at the Corvette Form and see what FI systems are selling the most, what tuners have the best reputation and products, and what combinations are making the most power and setting records.
The most popular and best performing LT1 FI system is the ECS Paxton that is regularly making 700+rwhp with headers and meth, with a low/mid RPM dyno that competes with the PD blowers, and smashes them overall.
Don't take my word, do your own research.

The nonsense being spewed in this thread would be exposed, and the posters destroyed, within an hour on Corvette Forum.
Then do us a favor and go back to your Corvette forum. You're on a Camaro forum here. And we love all types of forced induction. Including your chosen favorites of front mount turbo and Centri. But we especially love PD superchargers as evidenced by all the great engine builders, shops, and consumers who have put them on the Camaro at a rate of probably 3:1 over any other system.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #33
John Hennessey

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS

John Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:25 AM   #34
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
What a Troll!
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #35
Sharp Shifter

Drives: 98 Transam drag car SOLD now 17 ZL1
Deleted (my defense for people in this thread was twisted to me being a jack ass so I apologize) post edited

Last edited by Sharp Shifter; 03-21-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Sharp Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:29 AM   #36
Atra

Drives: 16' 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shifter View Post
Best blower I've seen in years is 20171le's mouth

FI, ecs, pd..... Then 20171le's DSL

Get off the forum, there is not one ultimate boost set up for everyone:
Where you want your power...
How much you want to spin....
Road race or drag race....

Just stop arguing, everyone is laughing at how desperate you are. Ya Hennessy has a bad HISTORY but has came back forgiven and STILL TO THIS DAY has his cars selling all over in Chevy dealerships!

And you sir probably work in a cubical somewhere and eat lunch alone everyday...... Thank you and get off of Camaro6
FYI if you come back to think I will just laugh at you for still TRYING to insult people
Don't claim to know what everyone's opinions on this are. Speaking for "everyone" makes you a giant jackass. That said, this thread is cancer and should've been locked long ago.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #37
Sharp Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atra View Post
Don't claim to know what everyone's opinions on this are. Speaking for "everyone" makes you a giant jackass. That said, this thread is cancer and should've been locked long ago.
Your trying to make me look like the jackass, I'm not speaking for everyone's opinion and I'm sorry if it came off that way, read more carefully and my message here is 20171le does not need to tell everyone their opinion is stupid and act like all these shops are idiots. My message was not to speak for everyone but in defense of everyone in this thread being attacked by the actual jackass (20171le) people like him that destroy threads and make forums a pain.

Assuming you quoted me in the way you did because you misunderstand what I was saying, just tired of this guy tearing in to everyone for their opinion like he knows all.

Just defending the people in the forum, but if it came across differently I will delete it
Old 03-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #38
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Forums can be wonderful, but there's always those people who seem to make threads into a "pissing match". Just let the other person think they are right and move on. All of the garbage on here is a real turn off to reading threads.

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016

Last edited by 63falcondude; 03-21-2016 at 01:58 PM.
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:30 AM   #39
Sharp Shifter

Quote:

Every reputable tuner is going to agree with my posts, so trying to argue with me is going to be a losing battle.

The 2016 Camaro shares the LT1 with the Corvette. So, the proven tuners and best FI systems for the Corvette, will be the same for the 2016 Camaro. All anyone has to do is research what the Corvette guys have been doing for the last couple of years and apply that info to our Camaros.

Redline is a current Camaro6 vendor on here to watch. Looking forward to their in-house Twin Turbo, and future ECS centrifugal builds.
Are you just talking about making high dyno numbers?