Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-22-2016, 01:01 PM   #15
prod

Drives: HHR
As said, if the work was done by a recognized shop like lingenfelter, callaway or henessey, then you could get decent money depending on condition. Otherwise you will have to keep your stock parts to demod and sell.
There is a black gen5 for sale near me, Magnusson supercharger, with Henessey logo on the back, but the combination of parts tells the story that its not genuine. its sat for sale for months, I sure wont touch it.
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
Usually they actually hurt resale value. Ask me how I know? I pissed 10K away on my last car adding the SC.
I pissed away more than double that adding twin turbos to my 1LE. And when my friend flipped it over guess how much of my mods $$ I got back? .10 on a dollar and only because I removed the turbos while the car was sitting in my garage.

If you want to add FI to your car do it for the fun. Very few custom FI cars get more than a stocker when it comes time to sell. And most buyers avoid those cars.

Heavy modding can be fun but be prepared for disappontments and headaches too. Am I glad I did it once? Yes because it was a dream. Do it again? Not a chance.

As a footnote I bought a ZL1 after my 1LE was totaled. That was the car I was trying to build. Loved it.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:01 AM   #17

Drives: 1970 Vette,16 1SS, 07 Ford Taurus
Like other people stated if you add power adders like nitrous, or a sc, or a turbo and you try to sell the camaro with those power adders you're not going to get 5k more than an identical stock camaro just because you have added a power adder. Best advice put the camaro back to stock and sell the aftermarket stuff. That is what I have always done. Unless you can find a sucker to buy your camaro. You only have to find one sucker, which apparently Hennessey has done and stays in business somehow just based I think on finding suckers.

Last edited by 70454; 02-27-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: added stuff
70454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:48 PM   #18
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Imo after dumping lots of money into my WRX it wasn't worth it should have just baught an sti.

If you are looking to mod the car maybe save up for the ZL1,

OEM performance > Modded performance
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote