Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-10-2018, 10:42 PM   #771
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

They have been very quiet,,, in fact zero comments. Makes you wonder.
I wouldn't say zero comments...ZL1 was mentioned several times in the official press release...

- ZL1 retains its airflow-optimized front-end styling

- Standard Rear Camera Mirror on 2SS and ZL1 models offers a wider, less obstructed field of view using a camera display....

- The new Camaro Turbo 1LE joins the V6 1LE, SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE to round out Camaro’s lineup of 1LE track stars

- RS, SS and ZL1 featuring dark-tinted neutral-density lenses
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:00 PM   #772
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I wouldn't expect any changes to the front of the ZL1 whatsoever...that face was designed for aero as #1 priority...and the diveplanes on the ZL1 1LE. Likely not even the headlights will change.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:38 PM   #773
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
I like the SS and I'm betting the new 1LE SS is going to look really sharp. Now that we can see that the design has been hiding in plain sight, what if we also get an iteration of the spoiler from the latest Bumblebee from the movie Transformers? This 10 speed is going to best the 2018 Mustang GT with the same gearbox mated to its V8 in 0-60, 0-100, and top speed. A Dodge Challenger or Charger, with the 6.4 hemi, won't have a shot against us in these areas of straight line performance let alone taking corners and curves. The combination of the upgraded aero and the gearbox, even without a power bump, is going to put us back on top of the head 2 head battle.

Looks are subjective (enough said) but the performance separation will be in a language we can all agree with and understand. Go team Chevy, I think the upgrades are sweet and you all have raised the bar yet again!
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:19 AM   #774
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
It's just not a cohesive design. The bowtie on the SS is simply out of place, which throws everything else off. Add the all black center just makes the grill look massive. The very thing that really made the 6th Gen better than the 5th in my opinion was that the 6th was much sleeker. This is just the wrong direction.

The tail lights are out of place. Again, like the bow tie, it distracts the eye from the overall design of the car. The new rear bumper is great, and how it should've been from the start. Put the current tail lights in there, and it would be a knock out. I'd probably even forgive the front end mess.

The hood is an improvement. An actual vent instead of the nostrils looks, and probably works much better.

Is it ugly? I'm not so sure I'd really say that, but the previous design was better by a wide margin.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:07 AM   #775
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I wouldn't expect any changes to the front of the ZL1 whatsoever...that face was designed for aero as #1 priority...and the diveplanes on the ZL1 1LE. Likely not even the headlights will change.
What if I told you there were gainZ by moving to the new nose
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:32 AM   #776
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra_Klutch View Post
I like the SS and I'm betting the new 1LE SS is going to look really sharp. Now that we can see that the design has been hiding in plain sight, what if we also get an iteration of the spoiler from the latest Bumblebee from the movie Transformers? This 10 speed is going to best the 2018 Mustang GT with the same gearbox mated to its V8 in 0-60, 0-100, and top speed. A Dodge Challenger or Charger, with the 6.4 hemi, won't have a shot against us in these areas of straight line performance let alone taking corners and curves. The combination of the upgraded aero and the gearbox, even without a power bump, is going to put us back on top of the head 2 head battle.

Looks are subjective (enough said) but the performance separation will be in a language we can all agree with and understand. Go team Chevy, I think the upgrades are sweet and you all have raised the bar yet again!

Here's the major hurdle GM faces.

Dodge has great marketing and decent design. They throw a powerful engine in a good looking car and parade it around, and sell a bunch.

Ford has had the mediocre Mustang for going on 55 years. It's always been there, and for the most part it looked like a Mustang. They advertise it once and a while and stick all sorts of names next to it, and sell a bunch.

Chevy has changed the design and appearance of the Camaro enough to not have a definable "look", on top of that they stopped production for nearly a decade. Then when they bring it back and develop a world class vehicle out of it, their marketing consists of bringing "real people" the wrong car at a valet parking lot and try to talk them in to climbing inside, or having them sit at a coffee table on the side of the interstate talking about scary places, or debadging a chevy and getting "real people" to guess what kind of car it is really. Better yet, making people read a list of "JD Powers" this and that as fast as they can, open a bunch of sliding doors and show rows of cars.

All their marketing, or I should say 98% of their marketing is generic corporate marketing, almost nothing is model specific.

Where are the commercials of a 1SS or 2SS and their features or performance? Heck where are the commercials for the V6 or I4 Turbo?

I bet if you asked a group of "real people", they couldn't name five models of Chevrolet cars for sale today.

Their hurdle? Their Marketing Department is working out of the Betty Ford Clinic.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #777
MuhThugga
Poppycock

Drives: Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra_Klutch View Post

The thing is that not many people will buy an ugly heap that happens to perform well.

"My car is faster than yours!"
"Good. Now hit the gas so I don't have to look at it anymore."
MuhThugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:11 AM   #778
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
What if I told you there were gainZ by moving to the new nose
Chevy has already said the ZL1 front end isn’t changing. Just like the 2014 refresh
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:13 AM   #779
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
The only thing I like from it is the 4th Gen SS style hood. Everything else is
Old 04-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #780
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhThugga View Post
The thing is that not many people will buy an ugly heap that happens to perform well.

"My car is faster than yours!"
"Good. Now hit the gas so I don't have to look at it anymore."
Good one.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #781
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
The new SS looks nothing like the Charger. The Charger looks good. It doesnt have Fender fingers like the SS and the 1500 trucks. Looks like fender fingers is going to be the new look of Chevys.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:36 AM   #782
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Here's the major hurdle GM faces.

Dodge has great marketing and decent design. They throw a powerful engine in a good looking car and parade it around, and sell a bunch.

Ford has had the mediocre Mustang for going on 55 years. It's always been there, and for the most part it looked like a Mustang. They advertise it once and a while and stick all sorts of names next to it, and sell a bunch.

Chevy has changed the design and appearance of the Camaro enough to not have a definable "look", on top of that they stopped production for nearly a decade. Then when they bring it back and develop a world class vehicle out of it, their marketing consists of bringing "real people" the wrong car at a valet parking lot and try to talk them in to climbing inside, or having them sit at a coffee table on the side of the interstate talking about scary places, or debadging a chevy and getting "real people" to guess what kind of car it is really. Better yet, making people read a list of "JD Powers" this and that as fast as they can, open a bunch of sliding doors and show rows of cars.

All their marketing, or I should say 98% of their marketing is generic corporate marketing, almost nothing is model specific.

Where are the commercials of a 1SS or 2SS and their features or performance? Heck where are the commercials for the V6 or I4 Turbo?

I bet if you asked a group of "real people", they couldn't name five models of Chevrolet cars for sale today.

Their hurdle? Their Marketing Department is working out of the Betty Ford Clinic.
You’re criticizing MARKETING through examples of what you consider to be bad ADVERTISING. Advertising is just one of many aspects of Marketing. It is clear that GM / Chevy have decided that broad market advertising for a narrowly focused vehicle (83,300 produced in 2017, compared to how many Equinox or Malibu, etc) is not money well spent.

The Marketing plan is to reach directly to people who are predisposed to buying a sporty car. So....what does Chevrolet Marketing do?
  • Add Camaro to NASCAR program, replacing prior ridiculous FWD sedans
  • Focus racing versions of Corvette and Camaro in multiple circuits. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday approach
  • Lock up the selection of Indianapolis Pace Cars since 2002. There’s a reason all of the most recent Indy Pace Cars have been Corvettes and Camaros
  • Sponsor Grand Prix events in the US and include Corvettes and Camaros in the preliminary events
  • Make important reveals (ZL1) at major motor sports events
  • Place S/N 001 in important auctions

This is what is known as Targeted Marketing. Go to where your intended customers are most likely to be and spend your dollars there, instead of throwing them at the broad market windmill where 86.441% of the people who see it will totally ignore it anyway. Made up number by the way. And probably low.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #783
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
You’re criticizing MARKETING through examples of what you consider to be bad ADVERTISING. Advertising is just one of many aspects of Marketing. It is clear that GM / Chevy have decided that broad market advertising for a narrowly focused vehicle (83,300 produced in 2017, compared to how many Equinox or Malibu, etc) is not money well spent.

The Marketing plan is to reach directly to people who are predisposed to buying a sporty car. So....what does Chevrolet Marketing do?
  • Add Camaro to NASCAR program, replacing prior ridiculous FWD sedans
  • Focus racing versions of Corvette and Camaro in multiple circuits. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday approach
  • Lock up the selection of Indianapolis Pace Cars since 2002. There’s a reason all of the most recent Indy Pace Cars have been Corvettes and Camaros
  • Sponsor Grand Prix events in the US and include Corvettes and Camaros in the preliminary events
  • Make important reveals (ZL1) at major motor sports events
  • Place S/N 001 in important auctions

This is what is known as Targeted Marketing. Go to where your intended customers are most likely to be and spend your dollars there, instead of throwing them at the broad market windmill where 86.441% of the people who see it will totally ignore it anyway. Made up number by the way. And probably low.
Then why unveil the refresh at 8:00AM on a Monday? Just who are they targeting then?
Old 04-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #784
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Then why unveil the refresh at 8:00AM on a Monday? Just who are they targeting then?
Because it wasn’t ever intended to be a major refresh. It’s really that simple. We have made this a MUCH bigger deal than it ever was in Warren. Notice that the story on CBS wasn’t even so much about the car, but more about how car companies hide new cars “in plain sight”....and oh by the way, here’s the new Camaro...lighting down...switch scene...back to the anchors.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!