Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 02-05-2016, 10:07 AM   #57
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
That said, I just bought enough MF towels to do a wash without reusing any. Little more expensive at first, but cheap (!) compared to the trouble of having to polish again.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:08 AM   #58
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Im thinking of giving a rinseless a try this weekend, but wondering if it is ok to use on a very dirty car??? Dont want to swirl/scratch the paint.
If it is very dirty, the best thing would be to take it through a touchless wash first, then come home and do a rinseless.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:28 AM   #59
FlightSoftware

My big box o' detailing crap showed up from Autopia, and I realized I forgot to add a nanoskin thingy. Amazon prime to the rescue.

Going to practice on a car with less than perfect paint and see how that goes. Only change to the procedure will be Meguiar's compound and then the polish. Have the griots polisher but haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to the first nice weather weekend...
Old 02-05-2016, 10:30 AM   #60
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post
My big box o' detailing crap showed up from Autopia, and I realized I forgot to add a nanoskin thingy. Amazon prime to the rescue.

Going to practice on a car with less than perfect paint and see how that goes. Only change to the procedure will be Meguiar's compound and then the polish. Have the griots polisher but haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to the first nice weather weekend...
If you are gonna use meguires ultimate compound, you can skip the blackfire polish....but experiment, do half a trunk lid with the polish, the other half with just the Meg's....side by side tests are how I learned what worked FOR ME...

If I you are reading here new, the rinseless procedure is doc 11 in my dropbox link below in my signature.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Zaino is my choice...Premium products at a fair price.

Have to plug them, because the results are awesome. haha
Old 02-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #62
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
If it is very dirty, the best thing would be to take it through a touchless wash first, then come home and do a rinseless.
No touchless around here. Just gonna go old school hose, bucket, and rinse.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #63
FlightSoftware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
If you are gonna use meguires ultimate compound, you can skip the blackfire polish....but experiment, do half a trunk lid with the polish, the other half with just the Meg's....side by side tests are how I learned what worked FOR ME...
Oh, cool. I kept thinking the compound was somehow more abrasive and needed the polish to take out the last of the tiny scratches left from the compound. That's a major time saver.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #64
SSport16

Quote:
No touchless around here. Just gonna go old school hose, bucket, and rinse.
Oh that stinks. I would try one of Glen's suggestions, one bucket, bunch of clean MF towels and some good soap with polymers in it in the bucket. Lessens the chances of scratches.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #65
suzook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Oh that stinks. I would try one of Glen's suggestions, one bucket, bunch of clean MF towels and some good soap with polymers in it in the bucket. Lessens the chances of scratches.
Thats the plan...if it ever stops snowing here. I need to move south, Im so done with North East winters.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #66
Glen e

But do not use a rinseless product if you are gonna wash with hose and multi towels, use a normal car wash soap.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:58 AM   #67
suzook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
But do not use a rinseless product if you are gonna wash with hose and multi towels, use a normal car wash soap.
Yup, my regular ole soap. I have a soap gun...gonna put towels in bucket with soapy water, shoot the car with soapy suds, wipe with towels, and rinse.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #68
Glen e

Quote:
Yup, my regular ole soap. I have a soap gun...gonna put towels in bucket with soapy water, shoot the car with soapy suds, wipe with towels, and rinse.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #69
SSport16

Quote:
Thats the plan...if it ever stops snowing here. I need to move south, Im so done with North East winters.
LOL...I am originally from NY, moved here 10 years ago and I couldn't agree more!

Old 02-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #70
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Im thinking of giving a rinseless a try this weekend, but wondering if it is ok to use on a very dirty car??? Dont want to swirl/scratch the paint.
You can and I have Rinseless washed a pretty dirty car, what I do is (when real dirty) make a solution of Rinseless wash in a spray bottle and spray down each panel first then proceed with the regular RW procedure.
BTW, to make your spray take 2 oz. of RW and 14 oz. of water this will make a super slick waterless wash.

https://youtu.be/xl7Tej4AA5c

Here's what the Adam's site has to say about our RW........
Sometimes washing your vehicles isn't easy. Weather, water restriction, or access to a hose can make keeping your ride clean almost impossible. Other times you just don't want to have to drag out a hose and go through an entire wash process. Luckily Adam's Rinseless Car Wash is a solution thats easy to use, safe, and can be used virtually anywhere at anytime!

Advanced lubricating polymers and emulsifiers allow Adam's Rinseless Car Wash to safely and effectively remove dirt, grime, and dust from your vehicle with nothing more than a bucket of clean water. The formula lifts contamination away from your delicate paint and encapsulates it allowing it to be wiped away without risk of scratches or swirls. Thanks to the highly concentrated formula just 2 ounces of Adam's Rinseless Wash, a couple quality microfiber towels, and 5 gallons of water is all you'll need to clean your entire car from top to bottom!

Because there is no running water, hose, or need to rinse away soaps you can clean your car anywhere at anytime! Those cold winters in parts of the US make using a hose and bucket in your driveway not only uncomfortable, but dangerous. Use Adam's Rinseless Car Wash to clean your entire car in the comfort of your garage and never worry about a mess. Live in an apartment complex where a hose isn't easy to access? Just fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and wash your ride anywhere without fear of scratches or need for running water. Even if you live with water restrictions in the summer your vehicles can remain spotless the entire season without ever needing a hose!

What about the times you just need a quick touchup? Maybe your car is only lightly dusty and you need a solution to wipe it down. Adam's Rinseless Car Wash also makes a fantastic spray on waterless wash product! Simply dilute a few ounces with water in a spray bottle and you have a fantastic waterless washing solution, great for removing dust for a quick wipe down without swirl marks.

Our highly concentrated formula can be used for up to sixteen rinseless washes or makes over 250 ounces of waterless washing spray making Adam's Rinseless Wash not only economical but friendly on the environment by utilizing less water and creating zero run off like a regular hose and bucket wash.

110% guaranteed by Adam's industry leading satisfaction guarantee to be the best product of its kind we're sure you'll love Adam's Rinseless Car Wash and so will your cars.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote