#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-25-2022, 08:10 AM   #1
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Fun Times at Pocono MEGA

https://youtube.com/shorts/SY5nwOgsFoY?feature=share

Had a blast and got to hang out with Bobby with a 5th Gen ZL1. I managed a 2:08.1 on the day. Lots of traffic on the clean laps but fun overall. The Michelin PS4S continue to make liars out of folks that say they suck for track. hahahahahaha These should be good for 2:04-2:05 minute laps as I know where I can make more time easily for when I go back. There was a full fledged NASCAR out there that ran a 1:58 so that was the benchmark on the day.

Ignore my giggling in the video. I was trying to ditch Bobby in the 5th Gen and he was hanging right in there. hahahahaha I'll have a couple more videos and pics later. Also Bobby got some video of me from his car. When he posts that you'll get to see his perspective of this session that I posted.

NG329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:01 AM   #2
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Have you tried anything other than the PS4S to see your lap times. Before claiming to make a liar out of anyone that uses an actual track tire.....at the track lol
Old 04-25-2022, 10:10 AM   #3
NG329

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Have you tried anything other than the PS4S to see your lap times. Before claiming to make a liar out of anyone that uses an actual track tire.....at the track lol
I'll be switching to the OEM Supercar 3R next month for the hotter months. I'm sure I'll go faster. Either way, my times are respectable on the PS4S and at the faster end of participants. I'm sure I could survive on these in the Expert group. My comment was made tongue-in-cheek though. Taking into account the mileage and ability to get it crackin', the PS4S are the best bang for the buck. This was my third track day on them and they have 9,000 miles total with hard street riding. They look like they could squeeze out another 1.5 track days too.

They definitely don't suck. Anybody who says so is "straight cappin' son"! hahaha
Old 04-25-2022, 10:23 AM   #4
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
I'll be switching to the OEM Supercar 3R next month for the hotter months. I'm sure I'll go faster. Either way, my times are respectable on the PS4S and at the faster end of participants. I'm sure I could survive on these in the Expert group. My comment was made tongue-in-cheek though. Taking into account the mileage and ability to get it crackin', the PS4S are the best bang for the buck. This was my third track day on them and they have 9,000 miles total with hard street riding. They look like they could squeeze out another 1.5 track days too.

They definitely don't suck. Anybody who says so is "straight cappin' son"! hahaha
HAHAHA fair enough! How many miles/track days are you getting out of the OEMs? I have taken one set to the track and they did well, looks like i still have a couple left, i also have an OEM set for driving in the summer months....I'd assume that street driving they will last longer than track driving....the OEMs at least.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:27 AM   #5
NG329

Quote:
HAHAHA fair enough! How many miles/track days are you getting out of the OEMs? I have taken one set to the track and they did well, looks like i still have a couple left, i also have an OEM set for driving in the summer months....I'd assume that street driving they will last longer than track driving....the OEMs at least.
My car came with PS4S so I haven't tried OEMs yet. When I throw them on I'm going to head back to NJMP Lightning where I hope to be within 5 seconds of the lap record. From what I've been reading I'm not optimistic that those will endure too much abuse tho. ....and you can't really push them on the street because they take a lot of heat. I think I'm going to buy spare wheels and just keep the OEMs on for Warm/Hot weather track days.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:36 AM   #6
BROCKgoFAST

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
You are going to poo yourself when going to the Supercar 3R. Its a totally different experience. Yes they take a few laps to get warm but ohhh mamma when they do......hold on!
BROCKgoFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 02:41 PM   #7
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Write back when you get the 3R's on the car. I have a feeling you'll wish you never posted about the PS4S's��
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 02:57 PM   #8
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
"Ignore my giggling in the video" = I hope someone is making an audio remix that's nothing but giggling.

Oh and looks like a lot of fun, I'd probably giggling my ass off too.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 03:34 PM   #9
clg82

NG329 what were you using to record, and how did you pull the data onto your phone? What's your setup in other words.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:06 PM   #10
NG329

Quote:
NG329 what were you using to record, and how did you pull the data onto your phone? What's your setup in other words.
For now I use the Trackaddict app and it gathers data from GPS and the HP Tuners ODBII connector. The editing is done with Race Render 3, and I use the Dash Ware app to merge the GoPro videos that the camera breaks up while recording longer session.

It's not perfect but it gets the job done on the cheap for now.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:12 AM   #11
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
For now I use the Trackaddict app and it gathers data from GPS and the HP Tuners ODBII connector. The editing is done with Race Render 3, and I use the Dash Ware app to merge the GoPro videos that the camera breaks up while recording longer session.

It's not perfect but it gets the job done on the cheap for now.
Which one?
Old 04-26-2022, 07:09 PM   #12
NG329

Quote:
Which one?
HP Tuners MPVi2
Old 04-26-2022, 07:10 PM   #13
NG329