Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-14-2022, 09:26 AM   #1
Cyrkle8211

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2.0t 1LE
Turbosmart BOV

Hello all! I have a 21’ Camaro 2.0t and I put the turbosmart dual port BOV on and it seems like I’m getting WAY less mpg than I was before. I’m not driving it different than how I was before it just seems that the installation of it killed my gas mileage. Has anyone ran into this or has a fix or do I just need to get the plumb back to recirculate? Or return to stock valve. Thanks for the help still trying to figure out this turbo car stuff lol not used to it at all

Best regards!
Cyrkle8211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 09:28 AM   #2
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Put the stock BOV back on. Want to hear the woosh sound just buy a cold air intake
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:54 AM   #3
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrkle8211 View Post
Hello all! I have a 21’ Camaro 2.0t and I put the turbosmart dual port BOV on and it seems like I’m getting WAY less mpg than I was before. I’m not driving it different than how I was before it just seems that the installation of it killed my gas mileage. Has anyone ran into this or has a fix or do I just need to get the plumb back to recirculate? Or return to stock valve. Thanks for the help still trying to figure out this turbo car stuff lol not used to it at all

Best regards!
The problem is you can't run a vented BOV on a LTG.

The air is metered, which means whatever it sees come in has to stay in.

Return the dual port and buy a "Plumb-Back" BOV from Turbosmart. You won't get the sound, but it will work properly and you will get back your gas mileage and have a better performing BOV.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:58 AM   #4
Cyrkle8211

Gotcha will do thanks for the quick response I already put the stock one back on. Waiting on Phastek for the return. Should I do the Turbosmart plumb back or just do the Jack fab or BNR?
Old 04-15-2022, 09:53 AM   #5
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
The Turbosmart "plumbback" is the ONLY BOV that is not problematic on the LTG.

The rest (Jac-Fab/BNR/GFB) all reuse parts of the stock BOV and the big issue is they require you to occasionally disassemble the entire unit to lubricate certain points.

This is a MAJOR design flaw as nothing in the intake tract should ever require lubrication.

Only the Turbosmart Plumb-back does not require this and is a proper, complete high performance replacement.

I own the Turbosmart Plumb-back myself.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:01 PM   #6
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
I have the dual port and I have not noticed anything odd. It does help the woosh on an intake and is noticeably louder. It doesn't have vents to technically blow off atmospherically, but it's more of a bypass than anything.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 01:28 AM   #7
Cyrkle8211

Is this the one you are talking about Dave? Cause this is the one I have. Phastek has a video on installing this in a Camaro 2.0t so I can’t understand why they would do that if it doesn’t work on the LTG
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2022, 10:17 AM   #8
Davescamaro

Yup the dual port one. Not a single problem. It flutters at low rpm and a loud psssshhht after boost builds.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Old 07-12-2022, 09:43 AM   #9
Cyrkle8211

After having this BOV, the dual port version, it completely messed up my engines air flow and was almost acting like a transmission problem. Maybe it’s alright with it being tuned but DO NOT PUT TGE TURBOSMART DUAL PORT BOV ON A 21’ 2.0T CAMARO.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:15 AM   #10
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TA - The Beast View Post
The air is metered, which means whatever it sees come in has to stay in.

Return the dual port and buy a "Plumb-Back" BOV from Turbosmart. You won't get the sound, but it will work properly and you will get back your gas mileage and have a better performing BOV.
Factory turbos all come with bypass valves now, and blow-off valves often lead to problems as they vent metered air to atmosphere.
I doubt there is a performance gain in replacing the factory valve. But I would definitely install a turbosmart valve in its "plumb-back" configuration.
https://www.turbosmart.com/wp-conten...s/English.html
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:37 AM   #11
Davescamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrkle8211 View Post
After having this BOV, the dual port version, it completely messed up my engines air flow and was almost acting like a transmission problem. Maybe it’s alright with it being tuned but DO NOT PUT TGE TURBOSMART DUAL PORT BOV ON A 21’ 2.0T CAMARO.
That's not good it's doing it to yours. Mine never had that problem before. Sorry to hear that. I'll let you know if mine starts acting weird, but had it on for 8 months and not a single issue.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:31 AM   #12
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
Mine never had that problem before.
Dave, did you install plumb-back or vented?
Sounds like Cyrkle initially installed vented, and we are recommending he reinstall in the plumb-back configuration.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:14 PM   #13
Davescamaro

I installed the exact one above from phastek. Installed it, and never had an issue from it. There's a 1/4" tube to pull vacuum and a sensor connector. Made sure to use oem gasket and not a single issue.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:42 PM   #14
Roscoop

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro Lt 2.0t
I've had my turbosmart dual port bov installed for over a year and I haven't had any problems. Gas mileage is probably just your foot entertaining your ears!! Lol. ��
Roscoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bov, turbosmart mpg