Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-25-2021, 08:49 PM   #15
Dome

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2.0T EU
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
The first 1-2 in the morning has always been a little quirky for me. So….
1. Start the car
2. Put the shifter into drive
3. Slap it over to manual mode
4. Shift it into 2nd, back to 1st. I do that twice. Takes like 10 seconds.

Car then shifts smoothly.
Thats not the issue at hand tho but thanks
Dome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:20 PM   #16
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dome View Post
Thats not the issue at hand tho but thanks
My bad. I thought you said it shifted horribly the first few minutes, then drives normal.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:47 PM   #17
Dome

You mean the 1 to 2 gear shifts in the morning right? I had that for a pretty long time now but this converter slip issue i have for approx 1~ month now or a bit longer i cant remember.

I can try that sure but i dont think its related to my issue.

Will flash on complete stock tomorrow and if it persists i will go to a dealer even tho its a hassle in germany to drive to one.. oh well
Old 10-26-2021, 09:11 AM   #18
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Ahhh. Gotcha. Good luck either way.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:42 AM   #19
DarkMaroSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I went through this shudder for a few miles and had the flush done per the technical bulletin twice. It wasn't until the third flush that it fixed it.

My experience was...I asked the service advisor how they were doing the flush as it did not make sense from what I knew about the issue and apparently the technical bulletin just said to flush it and not to replace the trans filter. As soon as they replaced the filter after asking them to do it, it went completely away and the trans was back to normal.

I also had the rubbing noise of the differential and two flushes and still the same. I ended up replacing that fluid myself with the revised fluid per GM, and no issues after that.

Some times, you either have to do things yourself or be on top of the issue unfortunately. Give that the trans issue is due to the fluid, it didn't make sense to me that the flush was supposedly done but the filter (with residue of the old fluid) was not replaced?!
2018 Camaro 1SS | BBK 92mm TB | GPI Ported LT1 Manifold | ColdAirInductions CAI | Granatelli Wires and MSD coils | Mishimoto Catch Can | GMP Black Strut Tower Brace | NPP Exhaust and 2nd Cat Delete | Recaro Seats | GM Stainless Sport Pedal Kit | GM Carbon Fiber Shift Knob | Deck Lid Spoiler with Wicker Bill | Smoked Sequential Taillights | Smoked Third-Brake Light | 1LE Front Splitter/Satin Black | ZL1Addons Splash Guards

2015 Camaro SS/RS (Sold)
DarkMaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 01:40 PM   #20
Dome

Okay another update and im driving around with absolute stock software again and its still kinda there but not as noticeable as with the software.
However the car is reacting to manual inputs this time around and i can change gears no problem on the OEM software using the paddle shifters which does not work when the ZZP software is on my car.

What is odd however is that in the beginning the software from zzp was very good and i enjoyed it very much and im not sure when it started to act up. I just noticed it someday and thought "huh thats not normal, whats happening".

So yea from a scan i did and send to zzp they figured that the converter is slipping but on OEM its either not really noticeable (it accelerates fine and shifts fine) or not there at all. Can a ECU tune really mess this up?

Ill add an image of a scan i did and send to zzp of the problem and this is what they gave me. desired slip -> 0 and actual slip -> over 1000.
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2021, 05:37 PM   #21
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Yes a tune can mess things up as you have seen.

Personally I am going to be unloading my own tune to see if it fixes my mag-ride issue (suspension gets totally stiff if it sits for a few weeks). If so, then I also will be going back to my tuner to say, WTF???
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:14 AM   #22
Dome

i need someone to confirm that the shifting is normal on a stock camaro or if something went kboom at some point.

when the car is cold and you ust started it and accelerating to 60mph with low to medium throttle, does the car rev to about 4000rpm beforeshifting into another gear? its been quiet a bit since i drove mycamaro stock so i not sure if it normal.
The first two gears are normal at third if i want to accelerate to 60 it revs to 4k, shifts, revs at 4. gear to 3.5ish and shifts and then im over 60.

paddle shifters work normally unlike when software is installed which is very weird..
Old 11-12-2021, 09:50 AM   #23
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Dome, what you describe is called "shift flare", it is a momentary over-rev condition because the transmission cannot handle the shift.

Basically, your transmission is hurt. Take it to a dealer and have it diagnosed. If it is under warranty you will be getting a new transmission.

If it is not under warranty, start looking for a good used take-out from a junked vehicle. That will be your cheapest option.

Otherwise you are talking many thousands for a new GM transmission.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 10:49 AM   #24
Dome

damn thats not what i wanted to hear but alright i will call a dealer on monday.

out of curiosity but is this shift flare only when the transmittion is cold? because when i drove for abot a minute or two it shifts fine and i can accellerate to 60 starting from 2000rpm or so and increasing, when cold and giving a bit more gas it drops gears an revs to 4k and shifts then.

running vcmscanner and looking at the tcc slip its still reaching up to 1500rpm in actual slippage and desired is usually about 50~70.

Now to the cause, there has to be something that caused this issue no? the tune? (also only ECU tune not TCU) The shudder i had but got a flush for in january or february?

Thanks anyways i will call a dealer near me and figure something out
Old 05-03-2022, 05:22 PM   #25
Dome

Okay so after almost half a year has passed i found the time to get the camaro to a dealer and let him figure out what is happening or is wrong.

So basicly the issue i was told is a PCV Valve which i honestly didnt expect.. I really thought it would be a automatic issue or something..

Did anyone ever had this issue before? Does the PCV Valve, if not working correctly, really somehow change how the transmission shifts?

Would love to know if someone knows that