Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-09-2021, 06:19 PM   #1
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Fore triple in-tank pressure settings

Fellas,

Just trying to get an idea of the best settings for the Fore low side system. Fore recommends at least 68 psi and LPE is suggesting 100 psi at WOT. So I guess my questions are:
1. Do you set the bypass regulator at exactly the same psi you're commanding on the low side?
2. If LPE wants 100 psi, I'm assuming I can just command that under High Flow fuel conditions (and not have to run that much all the time)?
3. Can I set the regulator at 70 or so psi for normal driving, and still command 100 psi from the fuel system at High Flow?
4. Or do I set the regulator at 100 psi, and let the fuel system run 70 or so around town anyway (essentially returnless at that point, right?).

Thanks!!!
Old 10-13-2021, 06:26 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Gotta be someone else running the Fore in-tank setup….
Old 10-13-2021, 10:52 PM   #3
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Shouldn't it be setup similar to a Auxiliary system? The Fore system doesn't turn on until a preset boost level right? If so I would think you would just have it come on @ 2-4psi and ramp right to 80+ psi and make sure your max pressure desired table is set a little higher then the pressure you want to run that way it doesn't try to throttle down the main pump. Idle or part throttle I wouldn't run more then 50psi.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:14 AM   #4
scantone

Drives: 18 Z1E - 18 Raptor - 17 Jeep SRT
With the Fore, setup isn't one pump setup to run 100% all the time? Meaning it is not controlled by the FPCM. The 1st pump receives the signal to turn on from the FPCM, but that's it. Then the additional pumps come on with a set amount of boost pressure from a switch. Once the regulators set at 75psi, it will not allow you to drop down to 50psi for cruising around. The only thing you could do is set up the regulator with a boost reference line, which could add pressure to the system under boost only but you wouldn't get to 100psi starting at 75psi.
scantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:16 AM   #5
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Shouldn't it be setup similar to a Auxiliary system? The Fore system doesn't turn on until a preset boost level right? If so I would think you would just have it come on @ 2-4psi and ramp right to 80+ psi and make sure your max pressure desired table is set a little higher then the pressure you want to run that way it doesn't try to throttle down the main pump. Idle or part throttle I wouldn't run more then 50psi.
So the main pump (a 274) is controlled by the FSCM (via Fore FC3 controller which manages all 3 pumps). Then the other two pumps (pair of 285s) come on at 4-5 pounds of boost. It still uses the factory low pressure fuel system sensor. Pretty straightforward there.

My questions really center around the return regulator. I’ve got that set around 70 +/- right now and commanding 72 psi. I’d really prefer to run ~50 around town and 80+ at WOT. If I leave the regulator where it is, can I run the system at 50 psi around town? That would essentially be returnless again, since the regulator will be closed? And if I command 80+, is it just going to bleed off anything over 70, and therefore be a waste of time? Should I just crank up the regulator to the max pressure?

Good news here is the fuel goes directly to the LPE BB HPFP first, then on to the regulator, so perhaps commanding higher settings than the regulator would be ok? I was hoping someone had experience, as the return setup makes it different than a typical aux setup. The other good news is I’m having zero issues at WOT, but want to dial up the pressure to help the HPFP.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:26 AM   #6
scantone

Cant run what the regulators not set to. If it's set to 75 you're going to get 75.
Old 10-14-2021, 11:25 AM   #7
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I'm running the Fore triple set up with the Crawford Racing port injection kit, I unfortunately didn't set it up so I don't have an answer. All I know is one pump controls the low side and the other two for port injection are set to come on at around 6 psi.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:51 AM   #8
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by scantone View Post
Cant run what the regulators not set to. If it's set to 75 you're going to get 75.
Which makes sense obviously, but can I run less than the regulator setpoint with the primary pump?
Old 10-14-2021, 11:55 AM   #9
Joshinator99

Quote:
With the Fore, setup isn't one pump setup to run 100% all the time? Meaning it is not controlled by the FPCM. The 1st pump receives the signal to turn on from the FPCM, but that's it. Then the additional pumps come on with a set amount of boost pressure from a switch. Once the regulators set at 75psi, it will not allow you to drop down to 50psi for cruising around. The only thing you could do is set up the regulator with a boost reference line, which could add pressure to the system under boost only but you wouldn't get to 100psi starting at 75psi.
The primary pump is controlled by the Fore FC3, which receives its signal from the stock FSCM. Only the second and third pumps are activated by a Hobbs switch. So the FSCM is controlling the pressure and I still use a factory low pressure fuel sensor.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #10
scantone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
The primary pump is controlled by the Fore FC3, which receives its signal from the stock FSCM. Only the second and third pumps are activated by a Hobbs switch. So the FSCM is controlling the pressure and I still use a factory low pressure fuel sensor.
The FC3 is just an on-off and does not provide PWM. If your primary pump is wired off the pump 1 location of the FC3 your FPCM does not control the power to the pump directly. The FC3 receives its on/off signal from the FPCM via the remote 1 location on the FC3 and that's all. The FPCM does not control the primary pump anymore, just the signal to the FC3. Unless you wired up the pumps differently than the instructions of course.

From the instructions -
"If FC2/FC3 is used on a vehicle originally equipped with FPDM or FPCM, plan ahead with the calibrator since the ECU will return alarm/error codes. (FC2/FC3 will handle fuel pump load instead of FPCM/FPDM)"
Old 10-14-2021, 04:42 PM   #11
Joshinator99

Quote:
The FC3 is just an on-off and does not provide PWM. If your primary pump is wired off the pump 1 location of the FC3 your FPCM does not control the power to the pump directly. The FC3 receives its on/off signal from the FPCM via the remote 1 location on the FC3 and that's all. The FPCM does not control the primary pump anymore, just the signal to the FC3. Unless you wired up the pumps differently than the instructions of course.

From the instructions -
"If FC2/FC3 is used on a vehicle originally equipped with FPDM or FPCM, plan ahead with the calibrator since the ECU will return alarm/error codes. (FC2/FC3 will handle fuel pump load instead of FPCM/FPDM)"
Agreed, that is how I have it wired. But the FSCM must still be telling the FC3 to ramp the primary pump up and down, otherwise why would Fore tell you to keep running the factory fuel pressure sensor...?

Here are the pics from the Fore documentation and a layout of how my system is piped in, if that helps.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2021, 05:42 PM   #12
scantone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Agreed, that is how I have it wired. But the FSCM must still be telling the FC3 to ramp the primary pump up and down, otherwise why would Fore tell you to keep running the factory fuel pressure sensor...?

Here are the pics from the Fore documentation and a layout of how my system is piped in, if that helps.
It's constant, easy to verify start the car let it idle and look at your pressure gauge on the regulator. It's going to be whatever you have it set at.

If you didn't have the low side fuel pressure sensor the car would probably go nuts thinking it had no pressure and you wouldn't have any reference when logging if your lowsides keeping up.

All the FC3 is looking for on the remote side is a signal over 6.5 volts making the relay either on or off. You can pull the cover off the FC3 it's just a regular relay and fuse inside for each pump circuit.

If the FPCM or whatever the brains called was still controlling the primary pump the relay inside the FC3 would melt in no time, it's not made to be shutting on and off rapidly to contol fuel pressure. It's just a standard relay for each pump circuit.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:12 PM   #13
Joshinator99

Quote:
It's constant, easy to verify start the car let it idle and look at your pressure gauge on the regulator. It's going to be whatever you have it set at.

If you didn't have the low side fuel pressure sensor the car would probably go nuts thinking it had no pressure and you wouldn't have any reference when logging if your lowsides keeping up.

All the FC3 is looking for on the remote side is a signal over 6.5 volts making the relay either on or off. You can pull the cover off the FC3 it's just a regular relay and fuse inside for each pump circuit.

If the FPCM or whatever the brains called was still controlling the primary pump the relay inside the FC3 would melt in no time, it's not made to be shutting on and off rapidly to contol fuel pressure. It's just a standard relay for each pump circuit.
I’m commanding the exact same set point that my regulator is set at too (~72 psi), so I’d be reading that constant pressure anyway. But I think you’re right. I was kind of hoping to run less pressure around town then juice it up at WOT. Not sure that’s possible… Good info though, thanks.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:06 AM   #14
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
great read guys, thanks