Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 07-27-2021, 08:46 PM   #15
Future1LEa10
Banned

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LE
This aint the first time I've heard shady shit done by this "company".
Future1LEa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:16 PM   #16
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
For sure. That’s BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Sometimes it takes years to gain customer(s). It literally takes no time to lose them.

They advertise for roughly 20% off and change their mind after the transaction is complete? By definition, that’s truly bait and switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future1LEa10 View Post
This aint the first time I've heard shady shit done by this "company".
Thanks guys... Glad I'm not "crazy"
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:41 PM   #17
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Ain't gonna lie, I figured OP was going to have something pretty weak and it was gonna make him look bad....but, yeah... thats some BS on RPI. Literally going to ask for more $ after you bought it.

Any mods care to chime in on this and get ahold of RPI and have them respond.

edit: wow, I checked out their reviews on their FB page. Those reviews alone would make me never buy from them.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:19 PM   #18
Future1LEa10
Banned

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LE
Read some of these reviews.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/rpidesigns.com

Someone needs to throw them off this site.
Future1LEa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:13 AM   #19
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
I've heard of places advertising a clearly wrong price, like $50 for a $500 TV, where some employee fat-fingered the pricing, and the response is something similar to this. Even then, they'll state that the price was a mistake, not just that there was a sudden increase. Even if the price was a mistake, it's not grossly off from what it should have been. In that case, they should just eat the difference and move on. The refund seems amicable, but the ask for the extra money is super sketchy, and would make me immediately want a refund.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:20 AM   #20
43Camaro

Drives: [COTW 8/3/15] 2010 Camaro SS L99
This is straight poop. They have lost me forever, I have used RPI in the past. Oh well they will loose thousands to save $15.00.

43Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:19 PM   #21
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Ain't gonna lie, I figured OP was going to have something pretty weak and it was gonna make him look bad....but, yeah... thats some BS on RPI. Literally going to ask for more $ after you bought it.

Any mods care to chime in on this and get ahold of RPI and have them respond.

edit: wow, I checked out their reviews on their FB page. Those reviews alone would make me never buy from them.
This ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future1LEa10 View Post
Read some of these reviews.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/rpidesigns.com

Someone needs to throw them off this site.
Not so much throw them off, they "help" keep our site up basically. But, yeah as it was said previously any one of our Mods should have a chat with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
I've heard of places advertising a clearly wrong price, like $50 for a $500 TV, where some employee fat-fingered the pricing, and the response is something similar to this. Even then, they'll state that the price was a mistake, not just that there was a sudden increase. Even if the price was a mistake, it's not grossly off from what it should have been. In that case, they should just eat the difference and move on. The refund seems amicable, but the ask for the extra money is super sketchy, and would make me immediately want a refund.
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Camaro View Post
This is straight poop. They have lost me forever, I have used RPI in the past. Oh well they will loose thousands to save $15.00.
Hopefully they realize this. Which is why I can't believe they didn't do the right thing. Blows my mind

...Thanks again everyone for seeing this WAS and IS actually wrong of RPI Designs!!
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 07-28-2021, 09:23 PM   #22
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
it lists the item at $69.95 and free shipping but then also says at the top of the website orders over $75 free shipping. that's a bit odd. is it all or only $75 or some random free shipping when they want to?

interesting as well that it's rpi designs, madison motorparts and nakidparts.com??
keep changing names every time you piss off the population?
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:03 PM   #23
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm View Post
it lists the item at $69.95 and free shipping but then also says at the top of the website orders over $75 free shipping. that's a bit odd. is it all or only $75 or some random free shipping when they want to?

interesting as well that it's rpi designs, madison motorparts and nakidparts.com??
keep changing names every time you piss off the population?
Funny you say that... None of which are BBB Accredited either. Upon filing with BBB it became very apparent. Also all three use same address and phone, and email:
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #24
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Funny you say that... None of which are BBB Accredited either. Upon filing with BBB it became very apparent. Also all three use same address and phone, and email:
looks like you can many more companies to the list just from a quick search. I see a TON of drop-ship companies and guessing they can't keep up with each one.

pfyc or parts for your car: https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/salem/prof...-0432-20016984

mild2wild exhaust: https://www.mild2wildexhaust.com/

southerncarparts.com to the list as well.

not sure on this one but I know where I would bet: Josh's Muscle Car Parts

if you watch the video on the mild2wild homepage, there's a guy installing a part on a vette. wonder if that's josh greenawalt- listed as the owner of pfyc so logic would be the owner of the rest of the fronts...

if I was buying parts, he's probably not any different from the rest of the dropshippers that advertise on the vendor forums but with so many storefronts, I can see customer service during/after the sale to be a challenge hence your experience.
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:11 PM   #25
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm View Post
looks like you can many more companies to the list just from a quick search. I see a TON of drop-ship companies and guessing they can't keep up with each one.

pfyc or parts for your car: https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/salem/prof...-0432-20016984

mild2wild exhaust: https://www.mild2wildexhaust.com/

southerncarparts.com to the list as well.

not sure on this one but I know where I would bet: Josh's Muscle Car Parts

if you watch the video on the mild2wild homepage, there's a guy installing a part on a vette. wonder if that's josh greenawalt- listed as the owner of pfyc so logic would be the owner of the rest of the fronts...

if I was buying parts, he's probably not any different from the rest of the dropshippers that advertise on the vendor forums but with so many storefronts, I can see customer service during/after the sale to be a challenge hence your experience.
Unreal. It's a giant network of shadiness I guess huh
Old 08-05-2021, 12:13 PM   #26
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Banning some who posted on this topic never looks good.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote