Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-15-2016, 01:59 AM   #57
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
You've seen to be on the forums for a while, There have been lots of posts on E-Diff as well as info on google.

E-Diff talkes to your tire temps, what your brakes are doing, what Mag-Ride is doing etc and changes how power is delivered to the Rear wheels, You might get better traction from a dig but it's mainly for corners etc...
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:38 AM   #58
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Tire temps? Interesting I guess they have IR sensors in the fender?

From what I read primarily it will switch to an open Diff for turn in then can lock comming out of the corner.

My concern with such a system is how often is it going to be engaging on the street and how much to replace the clutches?
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #59
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
Tire temps? Interesting I guess they have IR sensors in the fender?
There's a rudimentary temperature sensor built into the newer tire pressure monitor sensors. They can identify three different temperature "ranges" based on this data.

Quote:
From what I read primarily it will switch to an open Diff for turn in then can lock comming out of the corner.
That's basically it. The engineers can tune the electronic controller to vary open and locked, at any point based on the driver mode setting, and telemetric data that the car is reading like high G's, speed, braking pressure, yaw, pitch, roll, throttle, ambient temperature, etc, etc.

Quote:
My concern with such a system is how often is it going to be engaging on the street and how much to replace the clutches?
I don't think this system has been out long enough to have dealt with clutch replacement, yet...I'd be interested in any insight folks might have regarding this, as well.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #60
toytruckman

Drives: 2014 Silverado 6.2L; 15 LTZ Tahoe
Have any of the Z-51 guys had any trouble with this?
toytruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #61
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I'm interested to learn the differences between the E-LSD and BMW's M-differential.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #62
at7000ft

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

You know how the basic MS Office software somehow costs $120? $120 for something you cannot physically touch or hold....I think along the same lines, PTM is quite expensive, and technically complex and time-consuming to put into a car. It has to be calibrated to each individual variable of that car, down to the tire tread, in order to work its magic. I was told at that same event not to replace the Goodyears on the ZL1 with anything else, or PTM wouldn't work as well, because the factors for that specific tire like sidewall flex and coefficients of friction for the tread were hardwired into the ZL1's version of the system.
That's incredible, imagine ten years from now when all performance cars have PTM software with standard protocols. Performance tires will come with tire PTM map software that you load into your PTM computer for optimum handling using those tires (different maps for different cars and different tire sizes). Like you remap your ECU now for max engine performance.

Never mind, thinking too far out of the box.
at7000ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:15 PM   #63
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I'm interested to learn the differences between the E-LSD and BMW's M-differential.
BMW's is actually a turd. It uses brakes and really isn't the best piece at all...the GM unit is vastly better.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:25 PM   #64
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
BMW's is actually a turd. It uses brakes and really isn't the best piece at all...the GM unit is vastly better.
You're thinking of the brake system on the regular BMW models. I don't like how those systems work and would always drive with them off.

The M-diff is an electronically actuated mechanical differential. I found this information about it but haven't seen articles regarding the GM version.

http://www.bimmerfile.com/2011/09/28...ial-in-detail/

Last edited by WhyUMad1LE; 04-15-2016 at 01:57 PM.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:38 PM   #65
Camrochris

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 3.6L supe
E-Diff Experience

I have noticed that it engages a 1/2 second late. I am the guy who spent stupid money Supercharging an LT. (I love Riverside Blue) It turns the car a touch sideways.
I rebuilt the TR3160 and found out why I got a 3.6 stick shift with the J55 4 piston front calipers with 3500 miles so cheap:
Some kid bar-b-6cued the clutch. I had to replace the entire clutch pack after the S/C was tuned(to Tremec's credit it would still hold the power while the trans fluid was cold.) As soon as it got hot it would slip to the point of being undriveable. It was $350 for just a flywheel!! V6 owners: your 3160 6 speed WILL HOLD 431HP and 404 lbft RWHP and Torque. Further proof is that Ford uses this same unit in the 2014 and 2015 Mustang GT350. Since getting my car tuned and the trans back in, it still twists sideways; but in the same kind of cool way you see on TV. I am fully in control and I end the burnout in 1st. However with the trac on it spins in its power band. Not trying to tear it up though but stick shift pony car driving is my passion. This is a hard car to drive WELL. When the S/C and the engine is in its sweetspot it is like a mini-Mad Max! It isnt going to catch an SS to 60. But everyone says WOW!
I made a Porsche Cayman owner very very angry since my PSS Bilstein Nordscliffe slaying adjustable suspension with BMR adj end links outran and out handled him. Props to Universally Modified Performance (UMP) who got the engine computer to notice it had a 50 lb S/C bolted to it.

I noticed in stealth mode it sounds very refined and quiet...& also allows you to hear the whine coming from the S/C. I mean we all know it is a Cadillac ATS underneath, and that the Hood, Roof, and other panels are Saturn technology Lightweight Plastic. I obviously love it. The great thing about it is that there are so many wrecked ones that I can get upgrades on the cheap. This is my pride......and joy. Smiles per gallon guys!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Camrochris; 05-08-2022 at 01:11 PM.
Camrochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 02:45 PM   #66
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Huh?

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:27 PM   #67
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Huh?
Yup. Scratching my head on this post also.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote