Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #15
woodbridge camaro medic

Drives: 2010 Black/Greystrp Camaro 2SS/RS
thanks again for your help kitty...you need to post an avatar and a signature so we can see your camaro!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggy View Post
Yes, I had the same thing. I got mine repaired but it was at a local body shop. My dealer doesn't have a paint shop. They took the spoiler off and painted that one section only. Make sure you tell them to be extra careful with the nuts holding the spoiler. If they drop them inside the truck lid, good luck taking them out and they rattle like hell when you are driving. Is this happening only to the black Camaros?
I rented at VR Camaro while in Florida...it had the same problem...its what prompted me to check mine when I got home.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:03 AM   #17
camarorick

Drives: .
Went to check mine, and wouldn't you know it, same thing It's not as bad as the pics shown, but it's there..... Son of a .....

Here's a few pics of mine with the spoiler off. The problem is that the cheap foam rubber that they put between the spoiler, and the trunk are too thin. There needs to be an additional 1/32" of space...... I'm already in the process of painting this myself. The base coat is done, and tomorrow, I'll throw down the clear..... New THICKER RUBBER spacers will be installed too.....

Thanks to the OP for posting this, had this gone unnoticed, rust would have been in my future

Last edited by camarorick; 04-10-2013 at 09:55 AM.
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #18
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
Went to check mine, and wouldn't you know it, same thing It's not as bad as the pics shown, but it's there..... Son of a .....

Here's a few pics of mine with the spoiler off. The problem is that the cheap foam rubber that they put between the spoiler, and the trunk are too thin. There needs to be an additional 1/32" of space...... I'm already in the process of painting this myself. The base coat is done, and tomorrow, I'll throw down the clear..... New THICKER RUBBER spacers will be installed too.....

Thanks to the OP for posting this, had this gone unnoticed, rust would have been in my future
good for you Rick! I would never trust myself with painting my own car lol, Im going to fight with GM
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #19
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
I just went to the dealership and they said they havent heard of it. They said to book it in and they can fix it up.
Sounded too easy! So now I need to prepare.
OK, how many out there have had the dealer fix this?

I havent checked for other threads yet.
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #20
woodbridge camaro medic

Ok, I just got off the phone with my dealership, he said he was going to look into it and that I should call him back early next week...At that point he will know for sure if it is warrantied or not. (he can only go by pictures, since it is a 2 hour drive for me to the dealership and Im not wasting my time if it is not going to be covered) Don't let up on this guys and gals!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #21
Kitty

Drives: Black on Black M6 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbridge camaro medic View Post
thanks again for your help kitty...you need to post an avatar and a signature so we can see your camaro!
did one better and posted a bit of an intro thread for ya in the canada forum

glad to hear that you are making even a small amount of progress with getting your car looked after

keep the updates coming as i'm very interested to see how this is gonna turn out
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Yup. This was mine.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #23
Kitty

Drives: Black on Black M6 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK67 View Post
I just went to the dealership and they said they havent heard of it. They said to book it in and they can fix it up.
Sounded too easy! So now I need to prepare.
OK, how many out there have had the dealer fix this?

I havent checked for other threads yet.
see above

cliff notes

my dealer fixed my car no questions asked and it turned out great
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #24
woodbridge camaro medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yup. This was mine.

the best part of this photo, is your reflection....PISSSSED OFFFFF!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #25
RCLapCar

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 HB/JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post

I would put a round rubber washer around the bolts to adjust for the gap the extra rubber spacer would cause there. Would prevent water from seeping into the trunk around the bolts.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:15 PM   #26
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
today at the meet we saw a good 4 out of 9 cars that had this problem.
im one of the lucky ones that its not showing (dont mean its not starting or has it under what the eye can see without taking the wing out).

ill see what your dealerships do about it before i look into adding the rubber spacers.
i have a "if it aint broke, dot fix it" mentality.
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #27
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLapCar View Post
I would put a round rubber washer around the bolts to adjust for the gap the extra rubber spacer would cause there. Would prevent water from seeping into the trunk around the bolts.
This is exactly what I did Now my spoiler has 1/8" space from the trunk lid..... Picked them up at the reno store ( 3/4" diameter with 5/16" hole... 1/16" thick... added two per bolt )..... If GM would have used REAL rubber spacers, instead of the crappy foam ones, this would not have happened !!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:45 AM   #28
GreenXTC

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green #1837
Thanks for that info Rick. It looks like it might be just starting on mine. We're removing the spoiler tomorrow to check it out and will hopefully remedy the problem before it's showing! Laurel

Tags
chip, chips, paint, spoiler, spoiler chips