Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #1
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Unhappy Screwed up my new spoiler

Well, it’s cold, windy, and dark when working on your car at 10pm at night with no garage. Installed chrome accents, window louver, and roof spoiler no issue... but then there was the trunk spoiler...

Had to custom fit the whole thing with holes etc. Was in a good mood, everything was goin smooth, couldn’t complain, and then I realized after I finished it that I had drilled too far even with my finger on top...guess I’ll try some black silicone....so depressing.

Figured I’d share so maybe someone can learn...or at least have patients to do things like this in a better environment..
Attached Images

My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
then I realized after I finished it that I had drilled too far, even with my finger on top...guess I’ll try some black silicone....so depressing.

Figured I’d share so maybe someone can learn...or at least have patients to do things like this in a better environment..[/QUOTE]

Had to read your post a couple times before I understood what you were saying. Made it easier when I put a comma after the word far. Haha.

I have a running joke at my house about always working in the dark. Seems like that is the only time I have to work on things. Did you break the surface of the spoiler? If so, then that really sucks!
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:05 PM   #3
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Hah yea does sound like I drilled in to my finger my bad wanted to see who was payin attention hah.

Exactly!! Especially in winter time when it’s a non rainy or snowy day why not work on the car but of course it gets dark at 5 leaving you with no time to work on it after getting home from work and the weathers gonna be worse next two weeks so you try to squeak in some work and it alllllll goes to shit....

Yep the top... It didn’t fully poke through I don’t think (maybe I should water test it), but it definitely dimpled it. Like when you drill in to wood and look at the other side as it ALMOST is about to break through; that sorta of pushed dimple indentation.. of course though that probably means there are now some gaps.

Scared to unscrew it because screwing it back in might have zero threading and then I’d have a screw that doesn’t fit and a definite hole.. Mayhe I can lightly smear some black silicone on the top I’m hoping to maybe sorta cover up the slight white lines from the breakthroughand prevent possible water leak. At the same time I wanna unscrew it so maybe it’ll flush out the indentation and maybe throw some black silicon underneath as well but again, like stated above, not sure if I should..

It’s not that noticeable in daytime unless you’re looking for it, but of course it’ll always bother me now and “what if someone sees it” and the possible water leak when I do have subwoofer equipment in trunk. Meanwhile the whole side rocker panels are covered with white rock chips, some swirl and scratch marks in the paint, and of course rock chips in front as well...so I guess this shouldn’t bother me because it’s impossible to keep a vehicle perfect, but damn it’s still depressing when it’s your baby hah. But then I remind myself of the neighbor who’s Mazzy he drives in the winter and rain as a daily driver...I’d be scared to take it out of the garage hah..
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blade spoiler, spoiler