Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #141
1badrwd

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss npp, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
Pics of yours, because the one 1badrwd posted looks nothing like the one you posted up on the first page.

Thank you! It's not the same and not fully ported. Crappy part is that even after hearing I wasn't satisfied JDP did not care to contact me to see if there was anything they could to do make things better! Poor customer service on that end! Only thing they did was try to defend theirselves. Didn't even care to look into if a part got through that wasn't up to specs. Defiantly lost a customer

I finished porting the throttle body myself. Not my first rodeo either so yes I know what I'm doing. What a difference it made being fully ported! Before I got the "ported" throttle body from JDP only mods I had were a msd intake manifold and a throttle controller set at 6. I went ahead and put JDPs TB on just for giggles. Didn't feel much of a change at all in throttle response as you hope. Took it off, finished porting it and wow! Throttle response was defiantly noticeable! Used to have the throttle controller set at a 6 and now it's a 4! Big difference with it being fully ported and what you would expect! Happy with it now but shouldn't have had to finish the job myself!

To be American is to love the flag, women, and sports cars!
1badrwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:52 AM   #142
AlwaysAmerican

Drives: 15 Silverado, 15 Corvette 2LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badrwd View Post
Just received by ported throttle body today and honestly I'm not that impressed. I waited 2-3 weeks for it and it cost $150 plus the core. What i got i could have done with a dremel and i am actually finishing it with my dremel!As you can see from the 2 pics they did take out some of the lip but not all!There is still a part on each side and a big part at the top! I'm not a person that expects things to be super crazy in the porting world but when i could have done it with a dremel it seems to be a bit ridiculous to ask $150 for especially when i have to fix it with my myself for it to be fully ported! just my 2 cents!
The bottom picture you provided is what mine was like, lip and ridges.

Ended up sending the VMAX back and received a refund for the "core" which had me confused.. Ended up having to port the stock TB.
It could possibly be just a handful of bad ones got through? That's what I'm hoping anyways
Old 03-20-2016, 08:21 AM   #143
1badrwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican View Post
The bottom picture you provided is what mine was like, lip and ridges.

Ended up sending the VMAX back and received a refund for the "core" which had me confused.. Ended up having to port the stock TB.
It could possibly be just a handful of bad ones got through? That's what I'm hoping anyways

You sent the vmax back and got the $200 core refund?? Shows how much they're paying attention to things! If they inspect the core returns and someone can't tell a difference between their ported one and a stock one that says a lot! I'm guessing you had to call to explain you were returning it and you got the rest of your money back?

I said the same things about the possibility of some bad ones getting through but JDP hasn't seemed to concerned yet. Maybe with all the new comments they will change the customer service a bit! I understand its the weekend and they probably don't monitor the boards but come Monday it will be interesting to see how they reply to all of this!

Old 03-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #144
AlwaysAmerican

Quote:
You sent the vmax back and got the $200 core refund?? Shows how much they're paying attention to things! If they inspect the core returns and someone can't tell a difference between their ported one and a stock one that says a lot! I'm guessing you had to call to explain you were returning it and you got the rest of your money back?

I said the same things about the possibility of some bad ones getting through but JDP hasn't seemed to concerned yet. Maybe with all the new comments they will change the customer service a bit! I understand its the weekend and they probably don't monitor the boards but come Monday it will be interesting to see how they reply to all of this!
I actually haven't checked my bank account yet to see if there was another deposit from them. Well the difference is that "VMAX" is etched onto the TB, so would kinda be hard to realize that it wasn't a stock one.

The last e-mail I sent was on Friday, so hopefully things get handled.

If they are all coming like this, I believe they should post a picture on their website showing what the product looks like. I wasn't really expecting to get a ported TB that looked like this.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:08 PM   #145
1badrwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican View Post
I actually haven't checked my bank account yet to see if there was another deposit from them. Well the difference is that "VMAX" is etched onto the TB, so would kinda be hard to realize that it wasn't a stock one.

The last e-mail I sent was on Friday, so hopefully things get handled.

If they are all coming like this, I believe they should post a picture on their website showing what the product looks like. I wasn't really expecting to get a ported TB that looked like this.

Yours has VMAX etched on the side of it? Mine had no markings at all so

Old 03-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #146
AlwaysAmerican

Well.. Looking at the picture they posted up, they do look the same.. Ridges, lip and all...

Oh well, now I know to take a better look at a product before I buy it
Old 03-20-2016, 08:15 PM   #147
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
L99 people love ported TBs more than LS3 people. Wonder if the gen6 cars will react the same?
I had the Vmax on both my 2010 L99 and my 2012 LS3 6M. The L99 seat of the pants dyno was very positive with exceptional throttle response. On my LS3 6M, I couldn't feel any difference. For what it's worth.

I just ordered a Katech for $231 plus shipping, but you get a brand new GM throttle body and you keep your original. This is a better set of circumstances, in my opinion, since you can sell the ported throttle body in the event you return your car to stock for what ever reason and reinstall your original. Just sayin'.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:26 AM   #148
Kracka

Drives: 2021 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
dered a Katech for $231 plus shipping, but you get a brand new GM throttle body and you keep your original.
I like how they machine down the shaft along with porting the housing.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:55 AM   #149
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Pics of yours, because the one 1badrwd posted looks nothing like the one you posted up on the first page.
Maybe we're looking at different pictures. I just looked at them both and they are quite literally the same except for the TB is turned sideways in one of the pictures.

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #150
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Pics of yours, because the one he shows looks nothing like the one you posted up on the first page.
They are the exact same units as it is a CNC program. The angle if the pictures are different but otherwise they are the same. I posted this earlier in the thread.

That CNC port design was developed through testing and seeing what works the best for airflow. The material that is removed is removed for a reason and the material left is there for airflow and drivability reasons. You can't compare a hand ported throttle body with a dremel to the quality of this piece as well as the performance results. If you're removing material you're not helping the flow or performance and honestly you're compromising the overall performance of the unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwarlock View Post
Please PM me as well. Thx
On it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
I would love to see someone actually quantify their improved throttle response. Everyone makes it sound like there is this incredible lag between your foot and the crankshaft. There isn't. Go log pedal, throttle, and RPM while driving around at a high refresh rate.

Ported TBs are not worth anything. Do you think GM designed the inlet the way they did because they had to find a home for extra aluminum they had on hand? Everyone is looking at WOT gains but not paying any attention to the fact that 99% of the time you are running at low loads low RPM. Those lips have a purpose and the dyno charts don't indicate messing with them is of any value.
That is very hard to quantify but almost everyone that installed these notices an improvement in throttle response.

Quote:
Thank you! It's not the same and not fully ported. Crappy part is that even after hearing I wasn't satisfied JDP did not care to contact me to see if there was anything they could to do make things better! Poor customer service on that end! Only thing they did was try to defend theirselves. Didn't even care to look into if a part got through that wasn't up to specs. Defiantly lost a customer

I finished porting the throttle body myself. Not my first rodeo either so yes I know what I'm doing. What a difference it made being fully ported! Before I got the "ported" throttle body from JDP only mods I had were a msd intake manifold and a throttle controller set at 6. I went ahead and put JDPs TB on just for giggles. Didn't feel much of a change at all in throttle response as you hope. Took it off, finished porting it and wow! Throttle response was defiantly noticeable! Used to have the throttle controller set at a 6 and now it's a 4! Big difference with it being fully ported and what you would expect! Happy with it now but shouldn't have had to finish the job myself!
I apologize we didn't get in touch with you after we saw your post. I didn't have your name as this is the forum but we could have certainly sent you a PM. We're here to answer the phone at 801-545-4215 and we're always happy to discuss concerns. We've tracked down your info and left you a voicemail.

JDP Motorsports offers some of the best customer service in the industry and we're always here to help with questions and concerns. We're a phone call or a PM away so don't hesitate to reach out to us anytime.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
801-545-4215

Last edited by JDP Motorsports; 03-21-2016 at 02:22 PM.
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #151
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Let's keep the thread on-topic. If you have problems with other items make a simple phone call.

Also, it's well documented and established in the 5th gen world that V-max CNC porting leaves the lip and some of the other hand porting takes this out so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Debate HP gains all day long, but keep the commentary respectful in this section.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:31 PM   #152
CEMT-P

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS with GM CAI
Has anyone had any issues with installing this throttle body after installing the GM cold air intake and tune?

Also, has anyone noticed any changes in fuel economy with the throttle body?
Just under normal driving conditions and not any "performance" driving lol
My SS is a daily driver and I'm trying to conserve what fuel economy I have left and don't want to kill it with bolt ons.
CEMT-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6th gen camaro, jdp motorsports, lt1 throttle body, ported throttle body, vmax