Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-21-2020, 11:49 AM   #1
xqwisit23

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Vert
New To Detailing

Morning Guys,
I'm new to detailing but have always taken very good care of my vehicles with always hand washing using microfiber mitts and towels. I've used Mothers products in the past as they are readily available up here in Canada at local store (similar to pep boys).

Wanting to know what if I should switch to a different brand like Adam's or something else that you guys recommend. I'm sure I can buy online and have it shipped. What items should I get to get started? I'm also thinking of ceramic coating but not actually ceramic coating as I read there are alternates that are easier to apply. I have a convertible and have 303 products for the roof and my hood is wrapped in satin black (car is white).

All input is appreciated. Cheers.
xqwisit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:45 AM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqwisit23 View Post
Morning Guys,
I'm new to detailing but have always taken very good care of my vehicles with always hand washing using microfiber mitts and towels. I've used Mothers products in the past as they are readily available up here in Canada at local store (similar to pep boys).

Wanting to know what if I should switch to a different brand like Adam's or something else that you guys recommend. I'm sure I can buy online and have it shipped. What items should I get to get started? I'm also thinking of ceramic coating but not actually ceramic coating as I read there are alternates that are easier to apply. I have a convertible and have 303 products for the roof and my hood is wrapped in satin black (car is white).

All input is appreciated. Cheers.
Thanks for considering giving us a chance to help you with your detailing needs. Let us know if you have any questions.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
Adam's makes quality products, as do a lot of others. I think you'll find that it's really more about technique than it is about products, once you have quality products that you're used to.

Here's a list of products and tools I currently use:

WASHING

-Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo (cheap, great suds.)

-TriNova foam cannon

-Adam's mega foam (for the foam cannon)

-Adam's foam gun (quicker pre-soak tool than the pressure washer and foam cannon)

-2 5-gallon buckets with grit guards. Traditional grit guards in both buckets, and one like this in the "dirty" bucket: https://www.autogeek.net/grit-guard-washboard-red.html

-Cobra Super plus chenille wash mitt: https://www.autogeek.net/super-plush-wash-mitt.html
-Cobra "bone" wash sponges: https://www.autogeek.net/the-bone.html

-Numerous other microfiber drying, buffing, towels, primarily from Autogeek (assortment of Cobra towels of varying weights) and The Rag Company.

-Chemical Guys "The Goat" boar's hair detail brushes.
-Speed Master Wheel Brush

SEALANTS
-Wolfgang High Gloss Sealant
OR
-Klasse All-In-One followed by Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (not for beginners.)

CARNAUABA WAXES
-PS21S (or S100, same thing)
-DodoJuice Supernatural
-DodoJuice Orange Crush
-Pinnacle Souveran
-Pinnacle Liquid Souveran

DETAIL SPRAYS
-Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash diluted with distilled water
-Any of the various Griot's spray detail products
-Meguiar's Quik Detailer
-Pinnacle Crystal Mist (expensive, but nice wax booster.)

INTERIOR
-Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant
-Adams Interior Detailer w/Microban

MISC

-Mother's Back to Black
-Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish
-Wolfgang Perfekt Vision glass polish
-Stoner's Invisible Glass

For polishing, I like to stick with Pinnacle products, but you can't go wrong with Meguiar's. Old school Porter Cable 7424 with Lake Country pads.

To summarize, you pretty much can't go wrong with these general product lines, but you can always read reviews or do online research before trying something new:

-Meguiar's
-Pinnacle
-Wolfgang
-Adam's
-Mother's
-Griot's
-The Rag Company
-Cobra/Autogeek

If you want to go ceramic, I really can't speak from personal experience, but I am sure some others can chime in on that.
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote