Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-21-2019, 09:47 PM   #29
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Holy shit that’s the sound I have been talking about!!!
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:44 AM   #30
Fixa

Drives: 2018 1LE
Noise is gone!

I removed the wheel well liners and found some loose black tape wrapped around the plastic strut cover. Also found a few loose barcode stickers attached to the wire loom that runs along the wheel well. Removed them all and the sound which has been there for over a year is completely gone. Mine sounded exactly the same as the OPs video.
Fixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:13 PM   #31
zedobone

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Hi there, I found this while browsing for a solution. My 2SS 2019 has exactly the same noise from the rear passenger side...and I can confirm that with AC on the noise goes away.
Was there any solution for it? Like replacing the flaps or something? Any tip would be appreciated.
Since I'm in Europe the service is provided by Opel and does not seem that they are very knowledgeable about Camaros.
zedobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 03:18 PM   #32
racer01

Drives: 19' ZL1
Thankful for this tread. I didn't want to buy an axle back and cut up the car, so playing around with getting more sound of the stock system. Unplugged the valves, have the rear seats down, and actually pulled the trunk liner and foam thing out that holds the tire pump, etc. Really sounds damn good now. The problem is I started hearing some wind flapping sound, exactly like the OP posted in the video.
Wish I could say exactly what fixed it, but I pulled the rear wheels off, pulled the rear fender liners loose, and pulled the rubber flappers off of the cabin vents. But while I was under there i also pulled several flappy stickers off the springs, and some diff cooler lines, as well as some loose black tape off of the shock covers. My guess is the rubber flappers on the cabin vents was the cause.
Back together and quiet at 60+ mph in 6th, which is the only time I heard it before, but it was freaking annoying on short trips with the wife. So glad OP put this post together. I have been chasing ghosts for a few weeks, and just found the post this am.
racer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:55 AM   #33
zedobone

Drives: Camaro 2SS
For all interested, I got the problem mostly fixed...the flappers noise was noticeable at 80-90 km/h. If the AC was on then noise was gone...
The Opel (in Europe they are responsible for Chevrolet maintenance) mechanic used some light weights (5-10g) on the flappers. This allows to drive up to 150-160 km/h without any noise. Above that you can still hear a bit, although nothing major.
I hope it helps
zedobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:04 PM   #34
OniCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6 2017
Really really thankful for this post. This noise has been progressively getting worse and is driving me nuts at the moment. Exactly the same noise as OP.
But it's a revelation for me that I'm able to stop it instantly by turning on the HVAC fan. So at least I have this instant fix handy now. Even having closed circulation on/off while having HVAC off makes a big difference. Never occurred to me previously and I kept wondering why daheck is this so inconsistent.
Now, what I was thinking might be a bit dumb but any chance that replacing the 'passenger compartment air filter' as mentioned in owner's manual for every 22,500 miles service, will solve the problem? Probably not coz the replacement is for the filter getting dirty but maybe? I'm at 18k miles right now and it's gotten way worse of late so got me wondering .
OniCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 05:46 PM   #35
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Have my trunk apart for a sound system install and found the top flap things are rattling on both sides. Going to try lining the surfaces with Tesa tape and see what happens.

It’s going to be tricky because I don’t want to remove the bumper!
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:32 AM   #36
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
So I fixed the rattle by applying thin weatherstripping to the plastic area where the edge of the flaps rest. The downside is that now the flaps are always slightly open. I had to apply 2 pieces of weatherstripping per flap; one for each end.
Attached Images

WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:27 PM   #37
OniCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
So I fixed the rattle by applying thin weatherstripping to the plastic area where the edge of the flaps rest. The downside is that now the flaps are always slightly open. I had to apply 2 pieces of weatherstripping per flap; one for each end.
Any idea what if I tape it? Anything wrong with that and should that fix it?
OniCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote