Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 09-13-2020, 08:52 AM   #43
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Oh and these adapters for the doors
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Metra-82-...kers/150573622

If going 6x9 you would need different adapters.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:32 AM   #44
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
These adapters are plug and play with the door speakers
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks, That link is for wire adapters. I was asking about the actual 6X9 -> 6.5 adapter where you mount the speakers.
oops, sorry just saw the second link.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014

Last edited by SWRocket; 09-13-2020 at 10:55 AM.
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 11:32 AM   #45
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
These adapters are plug and play with the door speakers
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You sure about the link? Says it fits a Ford.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:14 PM   #46
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
Yep, I can confirm. It's annoying that Metra doesn't keep up with its adapter compatibility, but this fits our door speakers. They are in my Camaro too.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:03 PM   #47
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
100% sure they are a perfect match. It’s worth it, otherwise you have to cut the stock harness. Not a huge deal put I prefer plug and play.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:04 PM   #48
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Yep, I can confirm. It's annoying that Metra doesn't keep up with its adapter compatibility, but this fits our door speakers. They are in my Camaro too.
Thanks again for all your assistance. Some of your pictures and posts I found were really helpful.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:39 PM   #49
Msquared

Quote:
Thanks again for all your assistance. Some of your pictures and posts I found were really helpful.
Glad they are helpful!
Old 09-14-2020, 04:56 AM   #50
SWRocket

Quote:
Do you happen to know if Metra makes any that work for the dash speakers? I would rather not cur any wires for the GS25s install.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
Old 09-14-2020, 07:30 AM   #51
Msquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWRocket View Post
Do you happen to know if Metra makes any that work for the dash speakers? I would rather not cur any wires for the GS25s install.
They do not make one. I thought that the one Thill444 ordered would be an option, but in post 29 he said they didn't fit. So apparently we have no option for the dash speaker connectors. I made mine myself, removing the connectors from the factor speakers and soldering some leads with proper spade connectors to them to attach to my Audiofrog speakers. That way I didn't have to cut any factory wiring from anything that was still in the car.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:34 AM   #52
SWRocket

Quote:
They do not make one. I thought that the one Thill444 ordered would be an option, but in post 29 he said they didn't fit. So apparently we have no option for the dash speaker connectors. I made mine myself, removing the connectors from the factor speakers and soldering some leads with proper spade connectors to them to attach to my Audiofrog speakers. That way I didn't have to cut any factory wiring from anything that was still in the car.
I guess that's what I'll have to do as well...I was hoping for zero alterations so I can put the OEM stuff back in if I ever sell/tradein the car...
Thanks.
Audio System Build Log
Old 09-14-2020, 07:50 AM   #53
SWRocket

Quote:
Oh and these adapters for the doors
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Metra-82-...kers/150573622

If going 6x9 you would need different adapters.
I actually got the wiring adapter and the 6x9 door adapter free from Crutchfield when I bought my speakers. The problem is the 6x9 Metra speaker adapters don't fit the AF GS690 :(
I will probably make adapters myself...
Audio System Build Log
Old 09-14-2020, 08:17 AM   #54
Thill444

Quote:
I guess that's what I'll have to do as well...I was hoping for zero alterations so I can put the OEM stuff back in if I ever sell/tradein the car...
Thanks.
Yeah the dash adapters were for non-Bose speakers and do not work on the 19-20 model year Camaro's. I took a gamble

Msquared had success taking the old adapters and converting them. I did not. I even tried desoldering them, but the connections were weak and I did not trust them. I ended up cutting off the stock adapters for the dash tweeters and then splicing in.

It was very, very tight work on the drivers side because the stock wiring is very short. Passenger side was easy. So yeah, if you can re-use the old adapters it will help for sure.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:40 AM   #55
SWRocket

Another option I'm considering is to simply run new wire from the trunk to the dash. If I use a 4-conductor, I would have a pair of wires left in case I decide to add tweeters in the a-pillars for a 3-way front stage...
Phishing the wire up into the dash does seem challenging based on pics and videos, but it's an option...
Audio System Build Log
Old 09-14-2020, 11:49 AM   #56
Thill444

Quote:
Another option I'm considering is to simply run new wire from the trunk to the dash. If I use a 4-conductor, I would have a pair of wires left in case I decide to add tweeters in the a-pillars for a 3-way front stage...
Phishing the wire up into the dash does seem challenging based on pics and videos, but it's an option...
I 100% agree. Since I have no easy way to add an amplifier/DSP right now (I do not want amplified signals) I just went with drop in replacements, but I do like you idea of a 3 way system and custom A pillar tweeters. Honestly, you could even just go a with a really good 2 way design (tweeters in the A-pillar, woofers in the doors) and eliminate the mid/tweeter in the dash completely. I don't really love having a speaker there so close to glass. It's terrible placement.

Add a good subwoofer and call it a day. 3 way is more challenging with amplification and DSP just due to cost. 2 way is much easier to integrate and less expensive. Or if you went more custom and went 3 way but relocated the mid range drivers.

For my setup I just wanted good enough and an upgrade.