Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 06-12-2020, 09:47 AM   #29
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Yeah good point, I mean all manufacturing in this country has been running full steam for the whole year right?

Wait...
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:31 PM   #30
NiteBlitz

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
Yeah good point, I mean all manufacturing in this country has been running full steam for the whole year right?

Wait...
Point is that when I called local chevy dealer they had part for me same day. Hence I think whomever they use as their supplier dropped the ball, or they dropped the ball.

Another Update.
Got a text message from them yesterday around 4pm. Stating that the car is almost ready just need to put the exhausts back and do a few other things and the car will be ready today. They sent a picture with the transmission intact. So I did not go over there with a tow truck as I anticipated.
NiteBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:07 PM   #31
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteBlitz View Post

Another Update.
Got a text message from them yesterday around 4pm. Stating that the car is almost ready just need to put the exhausts back and do a few other things and the car will be ready today. They sent a picture with the transmission intact. So I did not go over there with a tow truck as I anticipated.
Best wished for you that you get the car back today. You've had a tough time with this. I'd be beyond mad if I had to replace a clutch on a car I just bought from a GM dealership - used car or not. You've dealt with it well and kept your cool.

Happy motoring and let her rip once you get it back!

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:36 PM   #32
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Man, this is quite the ordeal, but don't lose hope, see the positives, too: you'll have an even more awesome ZL1 that you originally bargained for and (presumably) bought at a stock price, it will have more power, even more pleasant supercharger noises and a better than OEM clutch.

It's unfortunate that you have to wait so long for the performance shop to come through, but then good shops are booked out weeks, if not months, in advanced. Those that are available immediately and have no other projects to work on, well, I'm not sure they are that reputable.

You will need to be heavy handed with the Buick dealership, though, they misrepresented the vehicle and now your powertrain warranty is void (everything else should be intact, though, so if, say, the keyless entry system or the HVAC as two random examples have issues, you should still be covered).

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:03 PM   #33
NiteBlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Man, this is quite the ordeal, but don't lose hope, see the positives, too: you'll have an even more awesome ZL1 that you originally bargained for and (presumably) bought at a stock price, it will have more power, even more pleasant supercharger noises and a better than OEM clutch.

It's unfortunate that you have to wait so long for the performance shop to come through, but then good shops are booked out weeks, if not months, in advanced. Those that are available immediately and have no other projects to work on, well, I'm not sure they are that reputable.

You will need to be heavy handed with the Buick dealership, though, they misrepresented the vehicle and now your powertrain warranty is void (everything else should be intact, though, so if, say, the keyless entry system or the HVAC as two random examples have issues, you should still be covered).
Appreciate the Positivity . Finally got the car back. They literally called me 15 minutes before they closed. Just took the car home. Told me I need to break the new clutch in 500 miles before I can push it. Sucks but at least I have the car back.

Yea this whole ordeal has been a nightmare. When it was said and done cost me $4,036.08. with tax.

This is the clutch they put in
https://www.mcleodracing.com/index.p...00-110354.html

Feels different than my stock one. It engages a lot quicker. about half way or less when I depress the clutch. Sometimes though its hard to put it in gear. Happened only once or twice on my drive home. Maybe cuz its new. Will see.

I am upset with the shop that they did not communicate with me that it was going to take longer than 7 days. If I did not go over there 2 days ago and throw a bitch fit, the car would not have been ready until the end of next week. I picked the wrong shop. I do regret my decision of taking my car there. The shop is purely focused on making YouTube videos on hellcats and other builds that they do. They do have some nice custom builds. Not the simple clutch replacement or dealer mechanic alternate. I was also upset that they did not give me any written estimates, just one phone call that labor is about 900 and clutch about 2,200. It would have been nice to have in writing.(I did get receipt with itemized details) Also would have been nice to mention that they only take cash, cashiers check, or bank transfer. Not tell me when the car is finished. Anyways I wont be going back there unless something fails under warranty. And I would not recommend them to anyone I know.

As for Buik
I was reading over the contract I signed with them. I found on there that it states a used vehicle purchase is as is and I am inheriting any issues the car may have. Should have read the whole contract but there were so many signatures and I am sure a lot of people dont read it. That is as far as liability, so it is on me. Now if they have a reputation to uphold they may budge on paying something here. They did sell me a car, and did not mention any modifications etc.. about it. So I will send them an email and see what they can do. If they do nothing I will just leave some negative reviews and maybe a complaint on their BBB profile.

Overall horrible ideal. At least I have a more powerful car than I thought and a nice new performance clutch. I am not opposed to that.

I will keep you guys updated if there is any updates with the buik dealership and I notice any differences between the clutch ( I am a novice so not likely lol) As far as break in period is that really recommended, anyone want to chime in. I saw conflicting statements on the internet.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #34
NiteBlitz

Update

Drove car for about 2 days now. Not exceeding 3,000 rpms. Noticed that sometimes when I am approaching a red light, in 2nd gear. When clutch is engaged. I cannot get it to shift out of 2nd. I am encountering heavy resistance. Happened in 3rd gear and in 4th gear. All when I was fully stopped.
So to explain
I am approaching a red light. I engage the clutch. Car is still in 2nd gear. I come to a stop at the red light. Clutch still engaged. Fully engaged. Then I tried to move from 2nd to neutral. I encounter very heavy resistance. Kind of the same when you are not moving and trying to put it into 5 or 6th gear.

Putting the car into gear is not a problem. Goes smoothly. Sometimes when the it is stuck in a gear. while I am stationary. If I rev the engine to 1,500 rpms. It lets me release it smoothly.

Is this normal? Part of break in process?
Old 06-15-2020, 02:39 PM   #35
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Im going on the fact that you have a T6060 trans but the clutch is hydraulic and the fluid shares the same resivior as the brakes. Make sure its full.

The throw out bearing is hard to bleed and you may have to just keep using it. Otherwise you can sit in your driveway and slow pump it about 200 times and see if it gets the air out.

if your lucky they used an after market throw out bearing that can be bleed with a bleeder screw.

if the throw out bearing has not been shimmed correctly ...on dead flat ground with the clutch fully in, trans in 1st gear, revving to 3000 rpms if the car wants to creep its the clutch is not fully released.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #36
NiteBlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
Im going on the fact that you have a T6060 trans but the clutch is hydraulic and the fluid shares the same resivior as the brakes. Make sure its full.

The throw out bearing is hard to bleed and you may have to just keep using it. Otherwise you can sit in your driveway and slow pump it about 200 times and see if it gets the air out.

if your lucky they used an after market throw out bearing that can be bleed with a bleeder screw.

if the throw out bearing has not been shimmed correctly ...on dead flat ground with the clutch fully in, trans in 1st gear, revving to 3000 rpms if the car wants to creep its the clutch is not fully released.
They used a OEM bearing. Said no aftermarket one would work.
So yea put car in first gear. Fully engaged clutch on stop. I let go of the brake. Car started to move forward. I am suspecting air to be the issue. Will try the 200 times pump.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2020, 12:21 PM   #37
NiteBlitz

200 pumps did not do the trick. Also put on about 200 city miles since install.

*Edit*

Took car back to shop today.6/17.
They bled it out some more. Drove it back home did not notice issue, will continue driving and see what happens.

Last edited by NiteBlitz; 06-17-2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #38
NiteBlitz

Update

After getting car back from mechanic the second time, where they bled it some more. Looks like its back to normal. Been driving two days now and did not encounter problem. I have about 50 more miles of break in period left before I can drive more spirited.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:39 PM   #39
Inlandiggy

Drives: 2019 camaro 1lt rs
Question

hey so I've been experiencing the same issue with my 2019 camaro v6 rs. Its a not an 8cyl I know but the issue only happens in 5th and 6th gear "reduced performance reduce clutch use" my foot will not be on the clutch nor will I have freshly shifted, it seams to happen when im steady in whichever gear im in anywhere passed 60mph. I've taken it in already to which the dealership needed to contact gm for assistance. Gm had them replace the entire transmission? And today about 2 months later the issue is happening again. Any ideas of whats going on? I don't drive crazy never taken it to the track just average free way driving and the car is completely stock. Or any help on what I can tell gm ?
Inlandiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #40
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
NiteBlitz what color is your ZL1? I remember seeing a lightly modded zl1 at Stingray in Plant City for a great price but I told them I wasn't interested in a near 50k car with no warranty. The salesman had to go confirm that the warranty would be voided, obviously I already knew it would be, some of these guys really have no clue about the cars they are selling and how mods can affect things.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:20 PM   #41
NiteBlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlandiggy View Post
hey so I've been experiencing the same issue with my 2019 camaro v6 rs. Its a not an 8cyl I know but the issue only happens in 5th and 6th gear "reduced performance reduce clutch use" my foot will not be on the clutch nor will I have freshly shifted, it seams to happen when im steady in whichever gear im in anywhere passed 60mph. I've taken it in already to which the dealership needed to contact gm for assistance. Gm had them replace the entire transmission? And today about 2 months later the issue is happening again. Any ideas of whats going on? I don't drive crazy never taken it to the track just average free way driving and the car is completely stock. Or any help on what I can tell gm ?
Did they replace the clutch when you had it in?
Old 09-10-2020, 07:22 PM   #42
NiteBlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
NiteBlitz what color is your ZL1? I remember seeing a lightly modded zl1 at Stingray in Plant City for a great price but I told them I wasn't interested in a near 50k car with no warranty. The salesman had to go confirm that the warranty would be voided, obviously I already knew it would be, some of these guys really have no clue about the cars they are selling and how mods can affect things.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out.
I got the car in Melbourne and drove it down to tampa. Car had only 6,500 miles on it. It is shadow gray or whatever they call the color 2019. I have been testing the car out on the drag strip in clearwater. So far the new clutch is holding up well.