Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Rockies / Midwest

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

View Poll Results: What do u think of this post lol
This dude is an idiot who is going to break ringlands on pistions 0 0%
This dude has a pretty good point this should work 0 0%
No clue lol 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2018, 09:54 PM   #1
yamahamach1
Yamahamach1

Drives: 2016 2ss m6
ProCharger at high elevation lt1

Hey new to the form so I’m hopeing I’m posting this in the correct spot anyway thinking about getting the Procharger kit for my 16 2ss m6 just have a few questions thinking some of you might beable to help me with

Question 1 (setting up for question 2)what octane fuel is this supercharger tuned to run on they say “pump gas” but is that 91 or 93 and at what elevation sea level ? I guess pretty much how aggressive does the canned tune have the timeing set at (the reason I ask is because dew to the elevation(I assume) 91 is the highest pump gas in the state )
Question 2
So I live in Utah at about 6000ft so I’m guessing whp is at about 320hp +- 40 hp depending on the day and the da so even with the supercharger that would probably only score me about 5psi on a 7psi pulley (dew to elevation loss again)
So the 130-150 hp would probably only net me about +100 to wheels so I would be setting at factory horsepower and I’m not happy with that I would like to get it to the 530-550 that the guys at sea level have so I talked to Procharger about it and they told me my options are
Deal with it or get the tuner kit get a smaller pully and get it dyno tuned ( which is probably the route I will go )
But my question is why won’t the canned calibration work for me at my elevation I figure I’d do the 3.7 pully witch is supposed to get 11psi ish witch would get me about 9psi at my elevation witch depending on the day I’m setting at about 12.7 atmospheric pressure +9boost total of about 21.7 say you guys at seal level have 14.7+ the 7boost is the same 21.7 so how can the map sensor tell the difference? I get there would be small differences depenting on the temp humidity ect ect but in basic theory is should be the exsact same no Tuneing modification required correct if not why I need a good exsplanation if possible thanks in advance
Ps I get if I were to go to lower elevation i would haft to ether change pully back or stay out of boost
yamahamach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #2
7LitreC5

Drives: 18 Tahoe RST, 19 Z06
If the canned tune is done properly, it will work fine at altitude. In addition to my Camaro I have a 15 Corvette. I have a stage 2 Edelbrock E-Force supercharger on that car and am running Edelbrock's canned tune. I live at 7350 feet and the car runs great.
7LitreC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #3
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'm in Utah too. Procharger spec'd my kit with the 3.9 pulley. I had a custom tune done.
My worry (and I've asked and waiting for a response from my tuner to) what happens if I drive to sea level. Will I run out of fuel, do I need the 4.0 pulley if i go to sea level.
My tune is for 91 as that's we can get.

Tags
boost camaro, procharger 2ss, tuners