Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
bobshannon22
 
bobshannon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: virginia
Posts: 92
Fastest M6 and or fastest NA 6th gen in 1/4

So I realized that I want to be number 1 of something.
My options are fastest M6 6th gen and fastest N/A 6th gen.
From what I see a 10.4 can do that. Anyone with a 6 speed faster? Anyone NA (no nitrous) faster?
I think I can actually make it happen.

I did 11.7 with just bolt ons (no E) feathering clutch on radials.
My flop will be as follows;
416, pray Cam, tsp heads, pray intake and TB, e85,Centerforce clutch, g force axels and DS, BMR rear suspension, 17inch slicks,and the other normal things.
The 6060 may get built after I get my motor back (as I don’t gave a motor currently.)

And discuss.
__________________
2016 1SS (M6) Kooks headers and exhaust, pray ported MSD/TB, JLT CAI, JLT catch can, TSP heads/VVT-2 cam, E85, Centerfirce clutch, g force axels and DS, most of what BMR makes, blah blah blah
bobshannon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:09 PM   #2
red6.2
 
Drives: 2017 camaro
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: san jose ca
Posts: 44
can't wait for the results. There is only one person so far with a m6 that has ran the best of 11.2 with just e85, cat delete, and msd. I want to see more m6 owners drag their cars and post their times!
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:38 AM   #3
Cdflyer
 
Cdflyer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: IL
Posts: 523
Ms. Joy’s M6 has gone 10’s but can’t 60’.

My car has gone 11.23@126 with a soft 1.7 60’. If the 2-step does what it should, I’m hoping to whack a 1.4 60’ which should get me well into the 10’s. The biggest issue is getting the 60’ right so we can use the hp.
__________________
2016 1SS M6 P1SC Stg II 592rwhp/548rwtq (for now)
GForce Outlaw axles & driveshaft, TSP 2” LT’s, turndowns, RTS S71 drag pack with radials.
Cdflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:50 AM   #4
DFW1LE

 
DFW1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,057
I'm still waiting for an M6 H/C NA car to break 10s. Imagine it will happen soon. With a stroker it definitely should not be an issue.
__________________
________________________________________________
Frankenstein Engineering Dynamics Stage 1 H/C/E85 536HP/488TQ
DFW1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #5
TEEZYSS
 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: ATX
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobshannon22 View Post
So I realized that I want to be number 1 of something.
My options are fastest M6 6th gen and fastest N/A 6th gen.
From what I see a 10.4 can do that. Anyone with a 6 speed faster? Anyone NA (no nitrous) faster?
I think I can actually make it happen.

I did 11.7 with just bolt ons (no E) feathering clutch on radials.
My flop will be as follows;
416, pray Cam, tsp heads, pray intake and TB, e85,Centerforce clutch, g force axels and DS, BMR rear suspension, 17inch slicks,and the other normal things.
The 6060 may get built after I get my motor back (as I don’t gave a motor currently.)

And discuss.

The quickest NA 6th gen on motor is a A8. To have the quickest M6 NA you will need to go 11.2 or quicker. I don't see a M6 416 running 10.4 or quicker NA but I say give it hell!! The A8 with Prays H/C packages will soon be in the 9's.

I want to say that some of the M6 guys with some power are having issues getting the car to 60ft due to the computer pulling timing under hard acceleration. GPI has messed with some of them so Im told with not much luck. Ms Joys car being one of them

Getting a NA M6 car to run quicker then 10.4 is gonna break some drivetrain parts for sure. That's a serious shock to the system and some weight to get moving. Would seriously looking to loops, full suspension and build complete driveline. Mean as clutch too.
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #6
Cdflyer
 
Cdflyer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: IL
Posts: 523
My car has gone 11.23@126 with a lazy 1.7 60’.

We’ll see what happens this year with the 2-step and knocking the launch down to 3-3500 rpm. That and the tune is getting some refinement, but more for power then the 60’ right now. I’ll see if he might be interested in getting that part cracked....or I’ll drive over to HPTuners and make them figure it out, since they’re all of 30 minutes from my house.
__________________
2016 1SS M6 P1SC Stg II 592rwhp/548rwtq (for now)
GForce Outlaw axles & driveshaft, TSP 2” LT’s, turndowns, RTS S71 drag pack with radials.
Cdflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:33 AM   #7
TEEZYSS
 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: ATX
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
My car has gone 11.23@126 with a lazy 1.7 60’.

We’ll see what happens this year with the 2-step and knocking the launch down to 3-3500 rpm. That and the tune is getting some refinement, but more for power then the 60’ right now. I’ll see if he might be interested in getting that part cracked....or I’ll drive over to HPTuners and make them figure it out, since they’re all of 30 minutes from my house.

Don't misunderstand me I'm not hating on the idea of running quicker then 10.4 NA... 60ft will only get you so far and mph will only get you so far... A lot of people think they can power their way to run times but the later the power comes in the drop is less and less no matter the power.

For example when I ran my stretched busa.. On motor I would run 9.45-9.50@143-144mph on motor. Turning the 40hp shot right when I shifted to 2nd netted me a 9.42@150.... turning it on at the top of 1st netted me a 9.37@151.

Back in 2001 we went 9's with a SBF 347/T5 on spray. Leaving on a 200hp the car would go 10.08@139mph. Hitting the 2nd kit {100hp} right when you shifted to 2nd gear the car would go 9.98@143. The car would average mid to low 1.4's. Changing up the trans with different gearing the car would go a 9.65@139 on the 200hp and get low 1.3 60fts.

Over the years I have known a ton of guys that hunt for low 10's and high 9's with the man pedal. Its a challenge for sure. Seen a lot of drivetrain parts break and that's with lighter cars. 3700lbs letting the clutch go for a 1.4 60ft is a hell of a shock to the system.


CDFLYER your car has the mph to run 10's.

My comments were directed at the OP. I'm a gear banger at heart so I look forward to seeing the progress.
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #8
bobshannon22
 
bobshannon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: virginia
Posts: 92
Well ill have slicks, full bmr rear suspension and drive train is all g force. im hoping the stock 6060 will be just fine. If cdflyer has good luck with the two step ill be ordering one also. I think its fairly tangible NA. im just attempting to be 1.4 seconds faster than bolt ons. Im pretty confident I could have had a 10.x pass with just my heads/cam/slicks but I never got a pass in due to issues with valve seals.

Theres a post I just read about the tuning issue. I have also spoke with GPI who is helpful like always. My ace in the hole for this goal will be Pray. Im taking his advice for the set up and the cam specs. Im pretty excited to see the results. Its hard as im trying to beat the a8 guys set up by pray/gpi. Time will tell. Jess, Jesse, and Roho have been awesome helping me out too. Realistically for the 6 speed record im fighting CDflyer and Jess for the win. Im thinking a big nitrous shot on my built bottom end (neither have one as of now) will at least let me say I have the fastest 6 speed at some point.
For fastest NA 6 speed 11.2 is the best and I think I would have easily had that already
__________________
2016 1SS (M6) Kooks headers and exhaust, pray ported MSD/TB, JLT CAI, JLT catch can, TSP heads/VVT-2 cam, E85, Centerfirce clutch, g force axels and DS, most of what BMR makes, blah blah blah
bobshannon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #9
TEEZYSS
 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: ATX
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobshannon22 View Post
Well ill have slicks, full bmr rear suspension and drive train is all g force. im hoping the stock 6060 will be just fine. If cdflyer has good luck with the two step ill be ordering one also. I think its fairly tangible NA. im just attempting to be 1.4 seconds faster than bolt ons. Im pretty confident I could have had a 10.x pass with just my heads/cam/slicks but I never got a pass in due to issues with valve seals.

Theres a post I just read about the tuning issue. I have also spoke with GPI who is helpful like always. My ace in the hole for this goal will be Pray. Im taking his advice for the set up and the cam specs. Im pretty excited to see the results. Its hard as im trying to beat the a8 guys set up by pray/gpi. Time will tell. Jess, Jesse, and Roho have been awesome helping me out too.

Realistically for the 6 speed record im fighting CDflyer and Jess for the win. Im thinking a big nitrous shot on my built bottom end (neither have one as of now) will at least let me say I have the fastest 6 speed at some point.
For fastest NA 6 speed 11.2 is the best and I think I would have easily had that already


The current quickest M6's are all power added and the quickest is 10.43@137 on a 200hp shot. With a few making over 600whp on boost running 10.8-10.9@129-130. One being on the 2 step.

In theory it all sounds great!! I say give it hell.


Personally I have yet to see a 416 make more power then Pray's H/C setup on the stock bottom end. I definitely think you can run in the 10's but I personally don't see you taking the record NA seeing how both records holders where Pray and GPI done cars. And you know Prays will end up in the 9's on motor. But I think you will have a rare beast!!
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #10
oldman

 
Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: austin
Posts: 2,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEZYSS View Post
T
Personally I have yet to see a 416 make more power then Pray's H/C setup on the stock bottom end. I definitely think you can run in the 10's but I personally don't see you taking the record NA seeing how both records holders where Pray and GPI done cars. And you know Prays will end up in the 9's on motor. But I think you will have a rare beast!!
The 416 is not for more "power" it is far a wider and fatter torque band to pull the 1st gear. IMO of course.
__________________
The fastest stock ones ain't stock... duh.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #11
TEEZYSS
 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: ATX
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
The 416 is not for more "power" it is far a wider and fatter torque band to pull the 1st gear. IMO of course.
This is true!!! Area under the curve... oddly enough all the 416 dynos I have seen make about the same hp/torque or less then Pray's H/C packages do from 2500rpm up to his redline. The only place they shine is in the upper rpm's but even then its only for 300rpm or so

Last edited by TEEZYSS; 02-20-2018 at 12:40 PM.
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:05 PM   #12
TEEZYSS
 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: ATX
Posts: 272
Before someone pops in and say WTF??? 376 makes stroker numbers!!

Here are 2 LT1 strokers.. 427 and 416.. One from KATECH and the other TSP. Both done on a engine dyno not dyno jet

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/1609-katech-ultimate-427-lt1-naturally-aspirated-performance/

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3382699-stroker-lt1-engine-dyno-graph-inside.html#post1585554092

PRAYS STAGE 1 H/C for the stock convertor
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520831


I'm not judging or making any of this up!! Just looking at the numbers. B&R went 8.8 with a 416 F1A and nitrous... Kevin went 8.8 with the 376 and F1A. Just interesting!!

This is both Stroker LT's with 15% driveline loss vs Prays through the A8 which is probably 18-20%. 376 does work!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by TEEZYSS; 02-20-2018 at 02:43 PM.
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #13
DFW1LE

 
DFW1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,057
Are those 416s running on E85 or 93?
__________________
________________________________________________
Frankenstein Engineering Dynamics Stage 1 H/C/E85 536HP/488TQ
DFW1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #14
TEEZYSS
 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: ATX
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Are those 416s running on E85 or 93?
They don't mention the fuel.. Most cases when the motors are on engine dynos they run race gas simply because they tend to build race engines.
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.