Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 05-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #15
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Shipping is great but nothing better than an in-person delivery from Becky

I enjoy the ...

....Passion!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #16
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I can tell you this was by far the best buying experience I have had buying any of my cars. I helps when your sales person shares the same passion as I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #17
LSxWittles

Drives: Stuff and Things
OP I am in the same boat as you as I am currently in the market for a 1le and there are none close to me. I've talked to a dealer here about transferring one here but I haven't talked to the other dealer. Closest I have found to me (Michigan) is about 600 miles away. Flying out isn't possible for me as I wouldn't have the time so that is the reason I was going that route. Now I'm curious if I should just contact the original dealer. Either way good luck with your search and hope ya get a good deal worked out.
LSxWittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #18
ThatDaveGuy

Drives: old and needing replaced
I have also been looking at an out-of-state buy. Been lurking for months and still working on all the specifics, but my 'grand adventure' would be to buy a low buck Mustang, get set up for a trade-in + conquest cash so I am at least 'net zero' or ideally cash positive on that deal, then drive ~450 miles out to the dealer, drop Mustang, pick up the new Camaro and drive home.

One question - has anybody dealt with service issues / dealer repairs with an out-of-state dealer? If any of the nagging 'new car issues' pop up, can I just go to a local dealer to get warranty work, or would I be up for a 900 mile road trip back to the original dealer?
ThatDaveGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #19
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDaveGuy View Post
I have also been looking at an out-of-state buy. Been lurking for months and still working on all the specifics, but my 'grand adventure' would be to buy a low buck Mustang, get set up for a trade-in + conquest cash so I am at least 'net zero' or ideally cash positive on that deal, then drive ~450 miles out to the dealer, drop Mustang, pick up the new Camaro and drive home.

One question - has anybody dealt with service issues / dealer repairs with an out-of-state dealer? If any of the nagging 'new car issues' pop up, can I just go to a local dealer to get warranty work, or would I be up for a 900 mile road trip back to the original dealer?
When I picked up my out of state purchase at Rodgers, their service manager told me that if I had and problems getting local service, call him and he would intervene. I did have warranty recall work done by my local dealer without any questions.

Lastly... Are you sure a Mustang could make it 450 miles?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:36 PM   #20
Kuro

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS HBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDaveGuy View Post

Repair work was a concern too. I've been taking my car to the same dealership now for years for service without too much issue. I had an issue with the paint chipping from the spoiler and i took it to dealer i bought it from originally to get repaired and then when it came back again i tried a different dealer, but was told i had to take the original again. I guess i understand, but it was an extra hassle for warranty work.

I think we should be able to work out a car and get it there soon. No car is quite perfect, but it should be nearly there. Some dealers add some weird options to the car when they do ordering though lol. I can do without the overpriced knee pads or anniversary floor mats that will be replaced by weathertechs.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #21
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
Repair work was a concern too. I've been taking my car to the same dealership now for years for service without too much issue. I had an issue with the paint chipping from the spoiler and i took it to dealer i bought it from originally to get repaired and then when it came back again i tried a different dealer, but was told i had to take the original again. I guess i understand, but it was an extra hassle for warranty work.

I think we should be able to work out a car and get it there soon. No car is quite perfect, but it should be nearly there. Some dealers add some weird options to the car when they do ordering though lol. I can do without the overpriced knee pads or anniversary floor mats that will be replaced by weathertechs.
I bought my 2005 Corvette out of state, when I got it back there were some scuff's in the paint. Took it to my local dealer, they took care of it no problem. If you dealer values your business, they will take care of you regardless. Have never had an issue with my local dealer servicing a car I bought out of state.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote