Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-09-2018, 05:34 PM   #29
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Yeah. My boys gave me the awesomest Dad award when I came home with mine and took them to the church parking lot in the rain and did donuts 🍩!!!

I put the 8 and 10 year old boys in the back with no car seats. Buckle up in the back and we are gone. The new born girl gets to go on date nights with me and the wife. She’s in a base style seat in the back middle. I use the to inner latch hooks. And by the time we put the seats back that sucker is locked in tighter than a convict in Russia. I love riding my kids around in the vert. They smile the whole time !!!!
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #30
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Leadfoot View Post
Please take pics. I am getting ready to get a new car soon. Between a Chevy SS or Camaro SS. Really want the Camaro but the back seat worries me. I would love to see pics of either rear or front facing.
Rear facing
Attached Images

'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #31
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Recaros!
Attached Images

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:15 PM   #32
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
Picked my 2018 2SS vert yesterday. Thanks to this forum, I had already bought the Graco Affix high back booster seat. They even had one with an orange/tan trim that looks pretty good with my Kalahari interior.

Put it in the car this morning, behind the passenger seat. I put a folded up towel under the seat to even it out, since the LATCH connectors are a few inches above the seat base.

Drove around with my 5 y/o all day. She was very excited. She loved the freeway with the top down/windows up. On surface streets in the sun it was a little too hot for her in the back. (80 degrees today.)

I think if the kid is over 3 feet tall the center rear might put their feet on the front center armrest.

Anyway, the Graco Affix seems to be a really good seat. Got my wife one with dark red trim for her Mercedes with the AMG/Cranberry red interior. Over the weekend we had a 4 hour drive in the Benz with a solid 90 minutes on some twisty backroads. 5 y/o was happy as she could be, no car sick, and even slept for a good hour.

On Amazon, of course.

I’ll try and get some pics of the one in my Vert.
2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:27 PM   #33
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
We have Recaro ProSports and convertible version ( i forget model, but it does both forward and back facing via sorta bulky base) in the ZL1 - kids have just about out grown them. It's too bad Recaro got out of the car seat business - they made good looking, good function seats without going all pink/whatever power ranger colors.. ie fairly neutral colors. Ours have even traveling IN the plane ( make sure if you intend to do that, that they carry air cert stamp on them ). Another inch or two of space or even shorter seat base would make in/out much easier, but then again skirts on zl1 1le almost feels like you are getting into a high tub.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #34
Marco Falcone

Here are pics of my 2018 vert with the Graco Affix car seat.

Happy with the fit. Definitely need a seat belt extender. I can buckle it with a bit a bending, but with the extender my little one will be able to do it. (Still will check it of course!)

Hope this is helpful.
Attached Images

2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
Old 06-22-2018, 12:56 PM   #35
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
i have the Britax Frontier G1.1
Old 06-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #36
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Off topic but I like to share it

Last year I saw, in the middle of the day, a drunk driver in a new f-150 run a red light at 50mph and t-bone a honda accord, the honda had a mom and two kids in the back in car seats. Impact was like centered on the back seat passenger side.

I pulled the kids out of the car seats so I got a good view.

My heart sunk wondering if I just witness the death of two kids.

Mom was bleeding everywhere, pretty seriously hurt, she had her seatbelt on.

I look in the back and thank god the kids are crying. I look they are moving all their limbs and seem fine. I take them out and hold them on the side of the road and keep asking them if anything hurts.

Paramedics arrive and check out the kids, not a scratch, bruise, anything. Was unbelievable.

I was well aware car seats were safe as I'm a dad, but not that safe. I wish I took pics of the car. It was a complete wreck, and so was the f-150 surprisingly.

Dad arrived before the cops put the drunk driver in cuffs. They actually had to tackle dad and pin him down as he was going ballistic trying to attack the driver.

Car seats
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #37
Marco Falcone

Guy: So true. I’m a retired cop and was firefighter/EMT for a couple years before that.

Been to lots of accidents where walking/running up to a car that looked so torn up I expected it to be full of hamburger; but the seatbelts, air bags and yes the CAR SEATS allowed everyone to walk away or at least walk to and climb onto the stretcher once the Medics arrived. Unfortunately not every time, but more than I ever would have thought possible .

This is a place to really do the research, ask the questions, and spend the money to get the best protection for you can for your most precious cargo.

Past DD’s of note:
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
Old 06-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #38
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
I hadn't circled back to this thread for a while. Glad it's helping people out

We've got lots of miles with the Chicco keyfit 30 rear facing seat. Still haven't gotten to needing the forward facing yet. Our boy seems to be satisfied cruising with the top down. It cramps my wife quite a bit as she has to keep the seat forward but it's all worth it to have a little recreational driving
Old 09-09-2018, 10:08 PM   #39
undertaker

Drives: no camaro yet
Tossing around the idea of picking up a ZL1 vert. Does anyone have anything to offer regarding 1 rear facing and 1 forward facing? Little guy is only 7 months, quite a bit early to go forward facing. Hell I know the chicco keyfit 30 is a rough fit in my 07 suburban, the wife's 16 escalade, and wasn't that great in the 11 ctsv sedan. Do any rear facing seats fit not between seats? (obviously leaving room for my 2 yr old)

New CTSV is just getting silly on price, I don't use the vette I have because it only has 2 seats, so that got ruled out. Kinda between a hellcat and the Zl1 and was leaning Z just to have a drop top, but having some way to possibly fit the kids would make it an easier sell on the wife.
undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:17 AM   #40
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
i doubt rear facing will fit - they take up alot of room - maybe on passenger side w front seat way way forward. The low/small door opening will be next challenge.

Try it in dealership before committing to the car payments.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #41
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker View Post
Tossing around the idea of picking up a ZL1 vert. Does anyone have anything to offer regarding 1 rear facing and 1 forward facing? Little guy is only 7 months, quite a bit early to go forward facing. Hell I know the chicco keyfit 30 is a rough fit in my 07 suburban, the wife's 16 escalade, and wasn't that great in the 11 ctsv sedan. Do any rear facing seats fit not between seats? (obviously leaving room for my 2 yr old)

New CTSV is just getting silly on price, I don't use the vette I have because it only has 2 seats, so that got ruled out. Kinda between a hellcat and the Zl1 and was leaning Z just to have a drop top, but having some way to possibly fit the kids would make it an easier sell on the wife.
I’m in the same boat. Got a C7 Z and maybe drive it once every 3 weeks between kids and work. Working a few deals now for a ZL1. I have a 4 and 2 year old. I think they will do ok for a few short trips a few times a week.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:44 AM   #42
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker View Post

So I have one rear facing and one forward in my Camaro. (Thank God it isn't my daily, or I wouldn't own a Camaro at this point in my life lol)

Forward facing is behind me, although I still have to put seat forward unless I have my 4 yr old sit crisscross style in her seat. The rear facing is behind the passenger side, which the seat has to go all the way forward, but there is still room to lean the seat back to a fairly normal position.

We are using a Graco SnugRide quick connect 30. http://www.gracobaby.com/en-US/snugr...ar-seat-103546 The quick connect base makes it easy enough. Leave the carry handle in the back position when putting them in and taking them out...otherwise both of those are more difficult to do.

EDIT: OK...guess I need to say that if your rear facing little one is getting too big for first rear facing seat, and needs a larger rear facing...it may not work without having to lean the passenger seat forward more. I hate to say it, but in my Camaro, I turned my 4 yr old (at the time) forward facing a bit earlier than I did in my truck b/c it was becoming difficult to get her in and out.