Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-08-2021, 08:01 PM   #1
ZL1plumbin

Drives: ZL1 1LE on order
ZL1 1LE order placed! Now what ….

Hey guys new member here. Been a lurker for years. Im in MI. Just placed an order with a local high volume dealer (normal times). I was the only person wanting to order ANY camaro currently with the dealer. LoL . Wasn’t to surprised, sort of matches up with normal production numbers and popularity compared to other muscle cars. So what they gave me was an “official” gm order sheet with number etc. BUT that doesnt mean anything until they get an allocation for a camaro. He said the plant just re opened and he couldnt tell me when they would get an allocation. Could be a week from now or months from now. Ive bought other vehicles from this guy and they’re a high volume chevy/Cadillac dealer so im assuming my chances are pretty good for actually getting a car. (Ive also seen ZL1 LE’s before driving by over the years).

Hopefully ill be a member of the team shortly.
ZL1plumbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:22 AM   #2
c6matt

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1plumbin View Post
Hey guys new member here. Been a lurker for years. Im in MI. Just placed an order with a local high volume dealer (normal times). I was the only person wanting to order ANY camaro currently with the dealer. LoL . Wasn’t to surprised, sort of matches up with normal production numbers and popularity compared to other muscle cars. So what they gave me was an “official” gm order sheet with number etc. BUT that doesnt mean anything until they get an allocation for a camaro. He said the plant just re opened and he couldnt tell me when they would get an allocation. Could be a week from now or months from now. Ive bought other vehicles from this guy and they’re a high volume chevy/Cadillac dealer so im assuming my chances are pretty good for actually getting a car. (Ive also seen ZL1 LE’s before driving by over the years).

Hopefully they have an allocation. Picking up my ZLE in Owosso any day now. What did you order? Color Spec/trans?
c6matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
flatrockguy

Drives: 2015 Black ZL1 m6, gone 2012 CTS-V
Quote:

What dealer did you go through. Les Stanford?
2012-CTS-V, Black 6spd Gone
flatrockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:32 AM   #4
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
If it doesn't pan out, order through Joe
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:43 AM   #5
ZL1plumbin

Went through suburban chevy/Cadillac in Ann Arbor. Ive got vehicles from them before and ive seen ZL1 LE’s , ZR1 corvettes, C8’s etc. over the years there. Currently they aren’t charging over msrp for any of there vehicles either from what my sales guy told me.

I thought it might be a good shot at getting one considering before I walked in they had zero camaro orders from customers period.

Anyone know more about how this allocation system works in the current climate? Say they get 1 camaro allocation this month. Can any camaro in any configuration be ordered OR does GM specifically say what models could be ordered?
Old 11-09-2021, 08:44 AM   #6
ZL1plumbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
If it doesn't pan out, order through Joe
Who’s joe and what dealer?
Old 11-09-2021, 08:48 AM   #7
ZL1plumbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6matt View Post
Hopefully they have an allocation. Picking up my ZLE in Owosso any day now. What did you order? Color Spec/trans?
ZL1 LE , 6speed, shadow grey, no sunroof, carbon dash, red belts, nav, black lugs,

Didn’t get the red knee pads just because im not hot on the look.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:26 AM   #8
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:

optimistically 6+ months
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:33 AM   #9
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Who’s joe and what dealer?
Without further ado: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:57 AM   #10
c6matt

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Can any camaro in any configuration be ordered OR does GM specifically say what models could be ordered?
For example, last week With constraints and models it would be a camaro allocation, but no zl1 or V6. Turbo or LT1 variant.
c6matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:23 AM   #11
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
1LE hasn't been available lately, but may be by the time your order is picked up. I too am considering putting an order in.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:58 AM   #12
RapidBlueZLE

Drives: 22 Camaro ZLE
I am not sure how these constraints are really affecting orders and how they get allocated as they get the necessary parts to produce. All I know is how my order seems to be progressing even with all the constraints noted. I put up the deposit to order one on 10/5, and basically all the things i wanted were constrained at the time (rapid blue color, zl1 & 1le package). Maybe I'm just lucky as it seems to be moving right along, my dealer told me on 11/2 that it was accepted and i asked Joe on here to confirm and to get the code it was currently at (which Joe said on 11/3 it was @ 3000). also, just got a tentative production week of 11/22. FWIW, the dealer i went with (Stingray Chevrolet) told me when i placed order to expect it in 10-12 weeks. I'm beginning to think this has more to do with dealer and that dealer's allotment than anything else.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #13
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidBlueZLE View Post
I am not sure how these constraints are really affecting orders and how they get allocated as they get the necessary parts to produce. All I know is how my order seems to be progressing even with all the constraints noted. I put up the deposit to order one on 10/5, and basically all the things i wanted were constrained at the time (rapid blue color, zl1 & 1le package). Maybe I'm just lucky as it seems to be moving right along, my dealer told me on 11/2 that it was accepted and i asked Joe on here to confirm and to get the code it was currently at (which Joe said on 11/3 it was @ 3000). also, just got a tentative production week of 11/22. FWIW, the dealer i went with (Stingray Chevrolet) told me when i placed order to expect it in 10-12 weeks. I'm beginning to think this has more to do with dealer and that dealer's allotment than anything else.
Yours is moving right along. 3000 is a great place to be. Merry Christmas to you.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:30 AM   #14
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
optimistically 6+ months
That's what I heard
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote