Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-03-2020, 08:28 AM   #29
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
While I love the sixth-generation Camaro, GM's timing of downsizing the Camaro when the buying public is overwhelmingly purchasing crossovers, SUVs, and trucks, couldn't have been worse. The interior of the Camaro is too cramped and impractical for most prospective buyers.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:09 AM   #30
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
While I love the sixth-generation Camaro, GM's timing of downsizing the Camaro when the buying public is overwhelmingly purchasing crossovers, SUVs, and trucks, couldn't have been worse. The interior of the Camaro is too cramped and impractical for most prospective buyers.
This is an excellent point. A couple of my friends are "husky fellers" and both admitted that they liked the Camaros looks and performance they just were not comfortable in the interiors. One bought a '15 Challenger V6 new (POS!) and my other buddy purchased a very nice '06 Stang 'vert for some mild Mods. I'll always vote Camaro 1st but I'd say it's more of a "big" sports car rather than a sporty mid-size.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #31
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
You can't win with this one. If they make it bigger, folks scream it's a pig, too heavy/slow.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 01:31 PM   #32
DC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
You can't win with this one. If they make it bigger, folks scream it's a pig, too heavy/slow.
People=automotive journalists (many of whom are snobs) and automotive enthusiasts such as you and me. While automotive journalists in particular bemoaned the size and weight of the fifth-generation Camaro, there's no denying that the average buyer found it to be a non-issue, as indicated by its sales performance.

I recently drove my Camaro for the first time in several months, and I found myself acknowledging the extremely impractical nature of this vehicle. I especially dislike how the driver side floorpan rises approximately 6" before the throttle, making it uncomfortable to rest your foot when using the cruise control feature.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:40 PM   #33
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
I especially dislike how the driver side floorpan rises approximately 6" before the throttle, making it uncomfortable to rest your foot when using the cruise control feature.
You should never use cruise control. It should be full throttle, all the time, everywhere

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:19 PM   #34
DC5

Quote:
You should never use cruise control. It should be full throttle, all the time, everywhere
Think driver error, not design flaw---got it!
Old 11-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #35
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
We currently have 3 GM, 2 ford, 1 FCA, 1 Toyota, & 1 Nissan in the stable. I wouldn’t say the GM’s are badly built, but they clearly aren’t the best in terms of fit & finish, or interior quality. One has the garbage north star motor. So sad. My biggest issue is they have had by far the worst dealer experiences, and at multiple locations. I would easily rate them last in that category.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:35 AM   #36
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Q3 2020 Sales

Toyota: Down 11%; 558,449 units sold
Ford Motor Company: Down 4.9%; 551,796 units sold
FCA: Down 10.4%; 507,351 units sold
Honda: Down 9.5%; 388,433 units sold
Hyundai-Kia: Up 0.9%; 339,586 units sold
Nissan: Down 30.1%; 246,007 units sold
VW Group: Down 9.6%; 150,612 units sold
BMW: Down 15.8%; 78,904 units sold
Tesla: Down 45%; 17,000 units sold (estimated)
Does anyone else think that is amazing? I know it's only 0.9%, but Hyundai-Kia are actually up, in the middle of a pandemic. I'm assuming that this is year-over-year, so either they just had a bad Q3 in 2019, or they have some kind of magic that no other car company has.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:47 PM   #37
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
You're mostly right. I know a bunch of husky guys. Some that like the smaller size don't mind respectively squeezing into a FRS, a fox Mustang, or an XJ Cherokee.

I went along with one on a SS 1LE test drive. It has a cumbersome width on back-roads, largely negating it's strength as a driver's car on fun stretches. At the same time, it has poorly utilized space potential.

Ones that like room usually have a full-size pickup, sometimes paired with an newer Impala. Most of these guys could've bought a Caddy sedan with the money they put in their trucks. And those with longer commutes keep a smaller car to drive daily. Compact fun populists' vehicles still have opportunity.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote