Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #29
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
Hey stranger! I heard over on the 'Vette board that you're now into a Camaro!

I'm still in the midst of parental "bliss", and driving a family-friendly econobox at the moment, but NEXT YEAR ......... I SWEAR ........ I am going CAR SHOPPING in a big way!!! It's going on ~5 years since I've been on the track ..... it's killing me!

Anyway, kinda torn at this point between getting a(nother) 'Vette, OR, going the "family friendly" route and getting the Camaro ......... sounds like it's a true ringer??!!

SS 1LE is definitely on my shopping list now, after reading all the reviews and watching a crap ton of awesome videos (... basically, "Camaro vs. Everything" ...). Guess it'll just be a matter of finding one when the time comes.

I test drove a 2016 SS manual.... was good... but not sharp enough for me... I like cornering ALOT....

test drove a 2016 Corvette Z51... could definitely see the $20K+ premium as worth it in comparison...

Went to Spring Moutain Track in Vegas where GM runs its Corvette Performance Driving School... talked to Rich Hearn, who is one of the head instructors there and former Indycar driver... he has experience in all the C7 Vettes and the instructors now drive Camaro SS 1LE's as chase cars to the students Vette's... let me ride shotgun in a few laps of both the Z51 and 1LE.... gave me some off the record advice..... I ordered the 1LE....

test drove my ordered 2017 SS 1LE before final papers... more mechanical grip than Z51... amazing turn in.... yes not quite 50/50% balance like vette but the 1LE slingshots around a corner even better despite this... most likely better PTMs & eLSD programming... better brakes.... MUCH BETTER SHIFTER!!! ...better tech implementation... better HUD.... for $55k Canadian... then corporate discount got me down to $50k .... no brainer
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #30
Cap'n Pete

Drives: '02 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
... let me ride shotgun in a few laps of both the Z51 and 1LE.... gave me some off the record advice..... I ordered the 1LE....

... more mechanical grip than Z51... amazing turn in.... the 1LE slingshots around a corner even better despite this... most likely better PTMs & eLSD programming... better brakes.... MUCH BETTER SHIFTER!!! ...better tech implementation... better HUD.... for $55k Canadian...
Sweet, thanks for the great feedback! Yes, the price point is a huge factor (...performance for the dollar...). And I have 2 boys, so it would be nice to be able to take them both along, vs. only 1 passenger at a time. I just really love Corvettes, BUT, my first "love" was the F-Body, so owning one again will be very natural .
2006 Z06 - LeMans Blue
2010 Corvette - LS3/MN6 - Black
2002 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56 - Black
www.time-attack.ca
Cap'n Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 2018 camaro, canada