Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-30-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
FYI: Easy rear side marker install (for those who don't know)

Since many think you need to detach the rear fender to do the rear side markers, you don't..

In the right circle is the main retaining clip. That's white on the stock side markers...red here because the new ones are painted red front and back... Simply grab it with needle nose pliers towards the skinnier end and push it out carefully. After that, remove the bulb or unclip the bulb socket (I did the latter because you'll have to do it anyways).
In the left circle is the grey wire retaining pin, just pull it out by hand. The plastic piece its connected to flexes easy, so you'll need to brace that with a couple fingers, then use a couple fingers to pull the retaining pin. If you can't do this, your hands are too big, or your girl is laughing behind your back.
After that you can pull the wire and clip from the fender enough to easily clip the aftermarkets on. Then just test to make sure they work, reinstall as normal, reclip the retaining pin for the wire, and Bob's your uncle.
Attached Images

HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
HoodCheck

I was installing Oracle ghosted side markers btw...finished product:
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
That really gives the car a clean look. I like it! Did you ever solve your splash guard conundrum? I ordered and returned the small ZL1 Addons models. Just not enough coverage. I wound up "modifying" a pair of rear generic 10-15s from RPI I had laying around. Rather flimsy but they might work for a bit. May have to make my own eventually like SIM did.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2020, 08:30 AM   #4
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
That really gives the car a clean look. I like it! Did you ever solve your splash guard conundrum? I ordered and returned the small ZL1 Addons models. Just not enough coverage. I wound up "modifying" a pair of rear generic 10-15s from RPI I had laying around. Rather flimsy but they might work for a bit. May have to make my own eventually like SIM did.
I have the "regular" set installed after failing to convince zl1addons to make the long deluxe rock guards for me if I paid extra. I did get a set of the concept/pre-production zl1addons long rock guards from someone, but I need to sand them down and paint them as they are a bit rough. I'm not sure I'll use them though as they aren't the "deluxe" version, and are about half the thickness of the deluxe, as well as coming down under the side skirt and needing to be bolted in there, and I'm not sure I want to put a hole into my side skirt, even if it is just at the bottom where nobody would see.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
These are mine. The plastic had scratches from shipping but I used it to make the prototypes. As you can see I used shiny side facing back to match side skirt and rough side toward tire to take hits from road debris. I also used short stainless screws to hold on to fender flare and then blackened them to blend in. I was going to use clips to hold it but I wasn’t sure they’d properly hold them on with how wide they stick out. I’ve had it up to 75mph with no issues but higher speeds have not been tested yet.
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote