Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE


Bigwormgraphix


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2018, 05:34 PM   #813
sonikk71
 
sonikk71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Summit White V6 1LE
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
I'm new here. Been reading for a few weeks. I bought it 2 Mondays ago and have changed a few things to make it look a little better.


When I picked it up







After a few small mods








Normally at this point I would be receiving multiple boxes almost daily for mods on a new car. Honestly I'm kinda stuck on this car. it is so damn good stock that I am really need some time to decide.
I picked up a Summit White V6 1LE about a month ago and was thinking about doing this exact rear end. Looks great!
sonikk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:47 PM   #814
Cgocifer

 
Cgocifer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_junkie View Post
Same here. To me the SS 1LE is perfect right off the lot. I no longer even want the dark tail lights or third brake light since the red ones go nicely with the red paint. Same for the side markers. I like the de-badged look on some cars but the Camaro and SS badges add a nice detail on this car. The only thing I did change was to black out the bowties - removing the rear bowtie made the back end look too bare. No faux CF or aluminum gas filler door either for me.
+1
__________________
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #815
Cgocifer

 
Cgocifer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
Yeah, I was just looking at the C7 Carbon ZL1 rep skirts for the 1LE. I just don't like the idea of drilling that many holes into the sidee of my new car yet.
I am looking at the ones from ACS. Drilling small holes in the plastic under the car doesnt bother me. Drilling into steel does bother me though.
__________________
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #816
Mich2112
 
Mich2112's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 24
Picked mine up on 6/25/18.
Attached Images
 
Mich2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #817
1SS 1LE
 
Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic 2018 1SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 10
I picked up my new 2018 1SS 1LE up a month or so ago from Becky in Detroit. My first new car - I had been saving for some time for a 1LE, but holding off until I'd seen what the 2019 refresh was going to look like.

Needless to say, now that we know... I needed to pull the trigger before the 2018's were no longer in production...so I brought my plans forward a bit.

I'm in the Dallas area, had a customer visit in Michigan coming up for work, so phoned Becky (who was highly recommended) to see if she could find me what I was looking for - turns out a blue 1SS 1LE had just been delivered to her a couple hours before I called - SOLD!

She met me at Grand Rapids airport with the 1LE on the back of a transporter, we signed the paperwork in a nearby carpark, and I got to break the car in on the way back to Dallas.

Dealing with Becky was perfect, I highly recommend checking her out if you are making a new purchase, even though it might be out of state.

Mods done over the previous few weeks: all GM darkened brake lights, Diode Dynamics side markers and other LEDs, blacked out reflectors, tints all round to 25% (kepn it legal), top end GPS alarm, Xpel PPF front half, CQuartz Finest Reserve all around (incl. over the Xpel).

(CQuartz directly applied over the 1LE matte vinyl hood wrap is not ideal BTW - turns out patchy. Installer is having the hood re-wrapped, then having matte PPF over the top, then adding CQuartz on top of that - as CQ FR over Xpel stealth matte PPF is a known quantity, as opposed to whatever the wrap is that GM are using for the 1LE hood).

On back order: C7 side skirts, various ZL1 suede interior bits and pieces, LED door sill. Looking to swap out mufflers soon (Borla NPP?), add Rotofab CAI.

Next stage - once I'm OK with voiding my warranty - will be to have local shop ADM Performance add a supercharger (not decided which yet), long tube headers, cam, maybe bottom end, maybe E85, tune etc. I met with Andy at ADM who is an awesome guy - seems like they would be a great choice to go with.

This car is no exaggeration a life changing event. I have a difficult time curbing my enthusiasm when discussing it with the uninitiated.

My first post - hope to see many of you at CamaroFest in a few days! For those who are going, my (Texas) plates are 6GEN 1LE


Cheers

Matt
Attached Images
 

Last edited by 1SS 1LE; 07-10-2018 at 03:53 PM.
1SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #818
1SS 1LE
 
Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic 2018 1SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
Yeah, I was just looking at the C7 Carbon ZL1 rep skirts for the 1LE. I just don't like the idea of drilling that many holes into the sidee of my new car yet.

Spoke with them the other day, they say it's OK using 3M 1/2" automotive tape as an alternative to the holes that would otherwise have been drilled into the side panels, as long as you are using the self taping screws underside the vehicle.
1SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #819
jeep_junkie
 
Drives: 2000 Trans Am M6
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SS 1LE View Post
This car is no exaggeration a life changing event. I have a difficult time curbing my enthusiasm when discussing it with the uninitiated.

My first post - hope to see many of you at CamaroFest in a few days! For those who are going, my (Texas) plates are 6GEN 1LE


Cheers

Matt
Congratulations man. I know the feeling. The 1LE is my first new car too. It's a conversation starter everywhere I go and I am all too happy to wax eloquent about it LOL.
__________________
2018 - 1SS - 1LE - Red Hot
jeep_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #820
1SS 1LE
 
Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic 2018 1SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_junkie View Post
Congratulations man. I know the feeling. The 1LE is my first new car too. It's a conversation starter everywhere I go and I am all too happy to wax eloquent about it LOL.
Thanks Jeep_junkie! It's interesting for me, seeing as it's the first time I've had so many random people coming up and commenting on it! Nearly a daily occurrence. Not looking for the attention by any means, so it's kind of a weird thing for me. But good, at the same time!

Hope to see you at CamaroFest!

Last edited by 1SS 1LE; 07-10-2018 at 04:20 PM.
1SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #821
1SS 1LE
 
Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic 2018 1SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 10
Coming from a modified 1996 R33 GTS25T Nissan Skyline - another interesting thing is how fast I got accustomed to the torque and HP available with the LT1 in the SS Camaro...

Am I unusual for wanting more HP now?

Last edited by 1SS 1LE; 07-11-2018 at 11:28 AM.
1SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:04 PM   #822
Boost Creep


 
Boost Creep's Avatar
 
Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 2,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SS 1LE View Post
Another interesting thing is how fast I got accustomed to the HP available with the LT1 in the SS Camaro... am I unusual for wanting more HP now?
No.
The car isn't all that quick, it's just a well rounded package that you can work from.
__________________
'18 1SS 1LE Black, PDR
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #823
1SS 1LE
 
Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic 2018 1SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
No.
The car isn't all that quick, it's just a well rounded package that you can work from.

Fully agreed. This exactly why I bought it, given that right now, I could not afford a ZL1 (let alone a ZL1 1LE). In time, it will become (all things going well) more than a match for a stock ZL1 1LE.
1SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #824
jeep_junkie
 
Drives: 2000 Trans Am M6
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SS 1LE View Post
Coming from a modified R33 1996 GTS25T Nissan Skyline - another interesting thing is how fast I got accustomed to the torque and HP available with the LT1 in the SS Camaro... am I unusual for wanting more HP now?
No, the DBW throttle really changes how the motor responds to your right foot. It doesn't deliver torque with the urgency one would expect from a 6.2 liter GDI mill with super high compression. It's nothing like say the 4th gen LT1 that had throttle response like the gas pedal had a rip cord attached to it. It definitely won't feel anything like a modded R33 Skyline either - my 2JZGTE swapped CJ7 responds with violence under boost but the Camaro is certainly faster as it puts the power down smoothly.
__________________
2018 - 1SS - 1LE - Red Hot
jeep_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #825
JoeP@TeamBeckyD




 
JoeP@TeamBeckyD's Avatar
 
Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Detroit, Mich
Posts: 65,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SS 1LE View Post
I picked up my new 2018 1SS 1LE up a month or so ago from Becky in Detroit. My first new car - I had been saving for some time for a 1LE, but holding off until I'd seen what the 2019 refresh was going to look like.

Needless to say, now that we know... I needed to pull the trigger before the 2018's were no longer in production...so I brought my plans forward a bit.

I'm in the Dallas area, had a customer visit in Michigan coming up for work, so phoned Becky (who was highly recommended) to see if she could find me what I was looking for - turns out a blue 1SS 1LE had just been delivered to her a couple hours before I called - SOLD!

She met me at Grand Rapids airport with the 1LE on the back of a transporter, we signed the paperwork in a nearby carpark, and I got to break the car in on the way back to Dallas.

Dealing with Becky was perfect, I highly recommend checking her out if you are making a new purchase, even though it might be out of state.

Mods done over the previous few weeks: all GM darkened brake lights, Diode Dynamics side markers and other LEDs, blacked out reflectors, tints all round to 25% (kepn it legal), top end GPS alarm, Xpel PPF front half, CQuartz Finest Reserve all around (incl. over the Xpel).

(CQuartz directly applied over the 1LE matte vinyl hood wrap is not ideal BTW - turns out patchy. Installer is having the hood re-wrapped, then having matte PPF over the top, then adding CQuartz on top of that - as CQ FR over Xpel stealth matte PPF is a known quantity, as opposed to whatever the wrap is that GM are using for the 1LE hood).

On back order: C7 side skirts, various ZL1 suede interior bits and pieces, LED door sill. Looking to swap out mufflers soon (Borla NPP?), add Rotofab CAI.

Next stage - once I'm OK with voiding my warranty - will be to have local shop ADM Performance add a supercharger (not decided which yet), long tube headers, cam, maybe bottom end, maybe E85, tune etc. I met with Andy at ADM who is an awesome guy - seems like they would be a great choice to go with.

This car is no exaggeration a life changing event. I have a difficult time curbing my enthusiasm when discussing it with the uninitiated.

My first post - hope to see many of you at CamaroFest in a few days! For those who are going, my (Texas) plates are 6GEN 1LE


Cheers

Matt


Looking forward to seeing you again Matt!

Thursday 7:00 at the Host Hotel is a Meet and Greet that I am sponsoring, make sure you come on over.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:36 PM   #826
Cgocifer

 
Cgocifer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SS 1LE View Post
I picked up my new 2018 1SS 1LE up a month or so ago from Becky in Detroit. My first new car - I had been saving for some time for a 1LE, but holding off until I'd seen what the 2019 refresh was going to look like.

Needless to say, now that we know... I needed to pull the trigger before the 2018's were no longer in production...so I brought my plans forward a bit.

I'm in the Dallas area, had a customer visit in Michigan coming up for work, so phoned Becky (who was highly recommended) to see if she could find me what I was looking for - turns out a blue 1SS 1LE had just been delivered to her a couple hours before I called - SOLD!

She met me at Grand Rapids airport with the 1LE on the back of a transporter, we signed the paperwork in a nearby carpark, and I got to break the car in on the way back to Dallas.

Dealing with Becky was perfect, I highly recommend checking her out if you are making a new purchase, even though it might be out of state.

Mods done over the previous few weeks: all GM darkened brake lights, Diode Dynamics side markers and other LEDs, blacked out reflectors, tints all round to 25% (kepn it legal), top end GPS alarm, Xpel PPF front half, CQuartz Finest Reserve all around (incl. over the Xpel).

(CQuartz directly applied over the 1LE matte vinyl hood wrap is not ideal BTW - turns out patchy. Installer is having the hood re-wrapped, then having matte PPF over the top, then adding CQuartz on top of that - as CQ FR over Xpel stealth matte PPF is a known quantity, as opposed to whatever the wrap is that GM are using for the 1LE hood).

On back order: C7 side skirts, various ZL1 suede interior bits and pieces, LED door sill. Looking to swap out mufflers soon (Borla NPP?), add Rotofab CAI.

Next stage - once I'm OK with voiding my warranty - will be to have local shop ADM Performance add a supercharger (not decided which yet), long tube headers, cam, maybe bottom end, maybe E85, tune etc. I met with Andy at ADM who is an awesome guy - seems like they would be a great choice to go with.

This car is no exaggeration a life changing event. I have a difficult time curbing my enthusiasm when discussing it with the uninitiated.

My first post - hope to see many of you at CamaroFest in a few days! For those who are going, my (Texas) plates are 6GEN 1LE


Cheers

Matt
I wouldn't get too crazy with the hood wrap. Stealth expel costs more than getting new wrap when needed. If it was painted like the hoods on Dodges, I would do it, but ours is just a vinyl wrap as you know and can easily and inexpensively be replaced.

I use Adam's matte protectant and detailer. Works great, provides UV protection, cleans, protects against bird and bug bombs and water spots (if your car sees water), and keeps it looking new.

Cheers, enjoy the ride!
__________________
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.