Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-07-2019, 04:37 PM   #645
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
Is a tune still a fix?

How are others doing with the "Newer" replacement TC's that dealers are installing? Is that considered a permanent fix?

I would like to know if mine will go belly up again. It took me all summer, half a dozen trips to two separate dealers, and countless phone calls to GM Customer Service to get it replaced.
well, as it sits, I have the newest of the tc's offered by the dealerships. I'm going by what they said, simply because they were out of options before my states lemon laws kicked in. I also have the fluid, before this new stuff comes out.

so far, my car has 10k on both of those, and, knock on wood, no shudder.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:47 PM   #646
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Class Action

I did not read this entire thread, but it certainly seems like there are enough complaints here to file a class action suit against GM. They have a known failure mode, and are not solving the issue by any account that I have read. I just got a used 17SS with the shudder that I am taking back to the dealer for that among other issues (they are returning the car - there was also undisclosed damage). But, I am getting a new 18 1SS, and now am a bit worried I am going to be stuck with the same issue in a new car.

Has anyone approached an attorney about this? I will likely not have a car actively having the issue (sounds like it takes a few thousand to show up - damage occurring I'm sure all the way through), so it'll be up to one of you to pick up the mantle. Just show the threads from the various GM sites to any good attorney for class action suits, and they will jump all over it.

Since it is across all GM's with the A8, there are going to be plenty of customers for a lawyer to pick up this suit, and they will make a killing. As someone said though, it'll probably kill GM in the process.
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #647
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnqa800720 View Post
I did not read this entire thread, but it certainly seems like there are enough complaints here to file a class action suit against GM. They have a known failure mode, and are not solving the issue by any account that I have read. I just got a used 17SS with the shudder that I am taking back to the dealer for that among other issues (they are returning the car - there was also undisclosed damage). But, I am getting a new 18 1SS, and now am a bit worried I am going to be stuck with the same issue in a new car.

Has anyone approached an attorney about this? I will likely not have a car actively having the issue (sounds like it takes a few thousand to show up - damage occurring I'm sure all the way through), so it'll be up to one of you to pick up the mantle. Just show the threads from the various GM sites to any good attorney for class action suits, and they will jump all over it.

Since it is across all GM's with the A8, there are going to be plenty of customers for a lawyer to pick up this suit, and they will make a killing. As someone said though, it'll probably kill GM in the process.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544076

already happening
Old 01-07-2019, 06:26 PM   #648
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
well, as it sits, I have the newest of the tc's offered by the dealerships. I'm going by what they said, simply because they were out of options before my states lemon laws kicked in. I also have the fluid, before this new stuff comes out.

so far, my car has 10k on both of those, and, knock on wood, no shudder.
Wish you lots of luck. Thanks for the feedback. As far as i know i have the new TC also. I have been running the Range AFM Delete with the new TC. This may help.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:32 AM   #649
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
Wish you lots of luck. Thanks for the feedback. As far as i know i have the new TC also. I have been running the Range AFM Delete with the new TC. This may help.
I too, have been running the diablosport device. My car has t seen afm mode since the tc swap.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:23 AM   #650
Skyman2112

Drives: 2016 2SS blue velvet w/blk stripes
Question The new fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Scooter View Post
theCATALYST
@sstormtroopr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
iTrader Rating: 0 reviews

Took my 16 SS A8 in for a TC replacement today. Did the triple flush a handful of months ago, but only kept the shudder away for roughly 4k miles. Just as my dealer was about to install the new TC, they where halted and I was called. I too was told of the fix planned for 1st quarter 2019. Bulletin attached.
Attached Images

GM Darkened Taillights, ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light

Check out his post on another part of the transmission forum. My dealer says I have to talk with the shop foreman since the service advisor didn't know what is coming in the 1st quarter of 19 to fix this problem.
Just read the new fix GM has planned for the TCC. Its just a different fluid. Mobil 1 HP. Thats the big fix we all been waiting for wow thanks. I just had my tranny flushed about 100 miles ago and so I didnt get this kind of fluid. Guess ill have to put another 100 miles on it first before i can go back and say to replace the fluid again?
Skyman2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #651
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman2112 View Post
Just read the new fix GM has planned for the TCC. Its just a different fluid. Mobil 1 HP. Thats the big fix we all been waiting for wow thanks. I just had my tranny flushed about 100 miles ago and so I didnt get this kind of fluid. Guess ill have to put another 100 miles on it first before i can go back and say to replace the fluid again?
No, they will not flush it again with the new stuff unless your shudder comes back.
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:00 PM   #652
modru2004

Drives: 2018 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korosion View Post
No, they will not flush it again with the new stuff unless your shudder comes back.
lol my shudder was back before i got 200 miles after my flush. ihaven't taken the car back yet or talked to em again. took em so long to get my car back to me i just haven't had the time or inclination to deal with that BS again.
modru2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #653
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
lol my shudder was back before i got 200 miles after my flush. ihaven't taken the car back yet or talked to em again. took em so long to get my car back to me i just haven't had the time or inclination to deal with that BS again.
My shudder was still present after the 1st round of flushing at 35k miles. Getting the car back it was better in some instances, worse in many. 200 miles later, the dealer had me bring it back in and was ready to tear down to replace the TC, etc and was denied by GM, who instructed the techs to repeat NA-16-175 again.

Although, the shudder is not happening at this time, it was inferred that a follow-up service item could be the next time they work on the transmission, as it shouldn't be that long before I'm back.

This makes 7 service visits for the transmission for the shudder and hard shifting that feels like the back of the car got hit when going 5 miles an hour. Flushing and resetting the transmissions 'smart learning' are bandaids on a piss-poor design.

Thanks,
Thomas
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #654
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidkidZ View Post
My shudder was still present after the 1st round of flushing at 35k miles. Getting the car back it was better in some instances, worse in many. 200 miles later, the dealer had me bring it back in and was ready to tear down to replace the TC, etc and was denied by GM, who instructed the techs to repeat NA-16-175 again.

Although, the shudder is not happening at this time, it was inferred that a follow-up service item could be the next time they work on the transmission, as it shouldn't be that long before I'm back.

This makes 7 service visits for the transmission for the shudder and hard shifting that feels like the back of the car got hit when going 5 miles an hour. Flushing and resetting the transmissions 'smart learning' are bandaids on a piss-poor design.

Thanks,
Thomas
I admire your persistence, but I would have lemon'ed the car by now
Old 01-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #655
BillTiger

Drives: Black 2017 SS
A8 Vibration

I just left my 17 SS with the A 8 in for replacement TC. At 28,000 miles, had the fluid changed 8,000 miles ago and came back even worse. They did not hesitate to say needs a new TC, anyone heard if the 2019 GM new update is now active and will be in this fix? Have turned off the V4 mode entirely, during a Dino tune. It does seems to come up whenever I add more performance to the package, now K&N, Dino tune, and Stainless exhaust. Plenty of added power but shaking is a disaster. At least dealer does not blame the add-ons.
BillTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:49 PM   #656
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
I admire your persistence, but I would have lemon'ed the car by now
Thanks and good point. I have the the Washington State Lemon Law forms and a 1/2" of printed service invoices that I'm currently working through.

Unfortunately, I don't have my Camaro SS as it's back in the shop to have the transmission's auto-learning reset again for the 3rd time. Apparently this is the only way the dealership has been able to temporarily eliminate a very hard 1-2 shift that the A8 keeps on developing.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:38 PM   #657
LinPark

Drives: 2017 2SS Vert Hyper Blue A8
Mine goes in for the service next Thursday - will let folks know how it turns out.
LinPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:40 PM   #658
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Mine is going in in Tuesday...we shall see.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote