Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
Zzzato
Bigg Balls

Drives: 2017 Red Hot 1SS
2017 1SS install.

Moved over my equipment from my 350z to my 2017 1ss. Installed an LC7i, a pioneer 4 channel amp for the speakers an alpine mono amp for my sub and a kicker sub box. Thanks to Wal-dog who helped with wiring diagrams.

I fabricated some wood bases in place of the foam piece that was there. Drilled some holes where the metal posts came through and used a nut to secure the wood down. Then secured the amps and LOC to the wood using some short screws. Tried to keep it clean as I can.

For wiring, I tapped the green harness on the factory amp speakers output to the loc, and to the 4 channel. So much splicing! The 3 sets of RCAs on the output. Main to the fronts, ch 2 to the rears and cha 3 going to the sub amp. Channel 3 is summed to ch 2 to provide only bass notes.
I also tapped my power and ground to the LC7i from the factory "amp." On the far right harness it's the black/white and red/ yel wires.
I plan to install a couple computer fans don't want to down in the to keep airflow. The hardware isn't top quality, but it gives me the sound I want for now. Maybe sometime this year I'll get crazy and upgrade the speakers. Any questions let me know.

As a side note: I was getting a lot of alternator whine through my speakers, so to fix it, I opened up my Loc and moved the ground jumper on the right to isolated. Fixed!
Attached Images

Zzzato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:49 PM   #2
james duperre

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
i moved the factory amp to the left wheel well, so much room for activities over there lol i should have time to finish and put back together this weekend. thanks for the help man
james duperre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:05 AM   #3
Zzzato
Bigg Balls

Drives: 2017 Red Hot 1SS
Yeah I'm going to be upgrading the sub and amp. Just not enough thump in this compared to the tiny Z.
Zzzato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:45 PM   #4
Osbornsm

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
OMG YES... how did you kill the alternator whine from the upgraded components?

Mods: Rotofab, Nick Williams 103mm TB, MSD IM, Kooks 1 7/8
Results: 470 hp / 447 tq
Osbornsm is online now   Reply With Quote