Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #1
HouseStark

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sick of Car Care what am I doing wrong

Hello,

So between my 17' Challenger, 18' Challenger, and now my '18 1LE I've used almost every product that Adam's polishes can offer. I've studied their videos and wash/clean/protect as prescribed by them.

Specifically for my 1LE I believe the best combination is VRT for the tires, Wheel Cleaner for the rims and then dry. I used their paint sealant, then 2 layers of Ceramic Wax let cure. For maintenance washes it got a little mixed up. So I own Ceramic Boost because I used Ceramic Wax. At first for my challenger I would use it as a drying agent when I towel dried because that's what the website said to do worked great. Then with my Camaro I noticed that the bottle contradicted itself and your suppose to use it once the car is dried. So I did and it was very hard to work with, pulled a lot, and I think contributed to my swirl problems. Adam's says the new formula is better, works with the car still, wet safe for windows but I was doing this every wash.

The representative then said that I should be using boost once every 4 washes and I'm suppose to be laying down H2O Guard and Gloss as a drying aid. They sent my brilliant glaze which was suppose to help with the swirls but didn't.

So as it stands right now my Camaro has a paint sealant, 2 layers of ceramic wax, a couple spray layers of ceramic boost, a layer of brilliant glaze, and another spray of ceramic boost. And after all that I still have swirls. It's very annoying and frustrating as I've literally spent at minimum 3-400 dollars with Adam's.

Standard wash procedure is clean the wheels, apply VRT to tires, clean the windows. Wet the car, spray wash foam on car, hand wash with Adam's wash pad. Spray down and dry with 2 adam's ultra plush drying towels (now) with H2O G&G. Every couple washes apply new formula Ceramic Boost. Spray Matte hood with Adam's Matte Protectant spray. Also I only use clean towels which I clean after every wash and for sealants/coatings I use their softest buffing and polishing wrags.

So now that my rant is over. What am I doing wrong here. Is it the washing? Are there better products? Should I just say screw it and sent it to Esoteric to have single stage paint corrections to start over and have them put on a Ceramic Coating? Let me know what you think because I'm out of ideas and I'd prefer not to buff myself I can just see myself not going fast enough and making even more of a mess.
HouseStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:26 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Wow, you really are suffering from early onset of “addiction Detailing” we all have done it during a stage of our lives, … A simple finishing polish once a year, a good SIO2 wash, and then a good SIO2 spray like Meguires or Blackfire is all you need to do every couple- three months. And I guarantee you it will have 98% of the gloss that you currently have. Don’t become a slave to this stuff, the SIo2 sprays have made things very simple now.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
HouseStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Wow, you really are suffering from early onset of “addiction Detailing” we all have done it during a stage of our lives, … A simple finishing polish once a year, a good SIO2 wash, and then a good SIO2 spray like Meguires or Blackfire is all you need to do every couple- three months. And I guarantee you it will have 98% of the gloss that you currently have. Don’t become a slave to this stuff, the SIo2 sprays have made things very simple now.
Dude I'm a full blown addict that's my problem. I keep getting thrown all this random nonsense that I "need". I literally have like 4 layers of protection, hand washing with clean soft pads and towels and I still have swirls

I'm even considering a stage 1 paint correction for 800 and a 3 layer ceramic coating for 1500 and they said swirls could still appear. What is the point of all of this?
Old 08-21-2019, 09:32 AM   #4
GrantB

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2SS
You, sir, seem to have quite the garage! One day I'll be there!

My 0.02 cents: Take it to a reputable 'Cermaic Pro' dealer. I live in Little Rock, AR and there are only two in my area. Not sure of your area, but I am sure there is a licensed business somewhere.

I had my 2017 2SS TWO stage paint corrected, then ceramic coated. Then some illegal immigrant (yes, no license, no insurance and even had a damn fake insurance card he handed to the police..) so he never got held accountable for any of it. F****** insane the police didn't send his idiot self back where he came from. Sorry for the rant, I'm still salty because it was such an insanely good deal I got on it. Depending on color, a single stage may work but will likely need 2 stage if you want it perfect.

Now I have a black 2SS, and I got that one done by a shop that a high school buddy owns. 2 stage correction and ceramic pro silver. Ran me about $1800 for each car, but the place I first got it done did not do the quality work of the place I got my new one done. They took so much time and care it was insane. Not sure of your car color, but black is way way way harder than any other color to perfectly paint correct. I suggest asking around your area, and if you tell me (PM or post back) your area, maybe someone knows who can do the best work. I have a 5 year warranty on my coating and once a year they touch it up for you even. I have minimal swirls and its been 6 months. And I mean MINIMAL. It looks insanely good, a literal mirror.

In conclusion: you seem to be doing alright for yourself with the car garage, I'd suggest dropping the $ on paint correction and ceramic coating. If you can bear the financial burden and really want it kept perfect, get the ceramic pro coaters to 2 stage paint correct (~$600), do the ceramic pro silver package ($1000 flat with 5 year warranty, or do the gold package with lifetime warranty for ~$1600), and then 100% get an Xpel or other reputable brand clear bra on the entire front bumper/fascia, the first 6"-8" of the hood/leading edge, side mirrors, and then the rear quarter panels in front of the rear tires since it kicks up s*** and will scratch the paint. That is a pre-determined package for like $600-$800 I believe from most shops. It is 100000% worth the investment if you plan to keep the car long term and want it to shine like a diamond.

Personal experience: Two stage paint correction and ceramic pro silver package is incredible and takes out EVERY swirl or imperfection. I am only 23 so I am not strapped with cash like my dad would be or others on the forum, but it was worth the $1800. My next sports car I will definitely do both the two stage and ceramic pro silver, but I would highly highly suggest a clear bra of a reputable brand. You have to get it done when you do the ceramic coating, though. There process is, at that point, paint correction, clear bra, then ceramic over the entire car/clear bra. You don't want to ceramic coat and decide later to get a clear bra because it then won't have the hydrophobic and easy cleaning properties of the rest of the car. It can be done after the coating but then you pay even more to have the bra ceramic coated! I have rock chips I didn't think I would ever get but I do drive my car in a 'spirited' manner sometimes...lol. But hey that is what it is meant for, right?

Reason I say two stage: one stage does not get every swirl out. I saw mine after the first stage and it wasn't up to par and is not near what the two stage provides. It will let you down. For instance, my buddy with the shop that did my current car with ceramic pro and such, they got an Aston Martin with 200 miles (TWO FREAKING HUNDRED) and had to do a stage two correction to make it perfect. It had a bajillion swirls, and yes that is a word. Stage one will disappoint...
The silver package by the way coats the calipers, wheels, and the entire exterior surfaces.

Cleaning of car with ceramic pro (with or without clear bra, does not matter): I have ceramic pro towels that are some grade of softness. Don't know what unit they have since it has been a while, but any micro-fiber >300 XXunits is soft enough to not swirl ceramic or anything else.
1) Get car wet with hose or pressure washer
2) Foam cannon with pressure washer the entire car with Chemical Guys soap
Foam canon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WPKHFA6/ref=emc_b_5_i
Soap WITHOUT wax that I use: https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...sr=1-5-catcorr
3) Rinse car with regular hose nozzle or pressure washer
4) Foam cannon again...(you can do isolated areas if you can't wash fast so you don't leave soap on the paint while washing other areas of the car)
5) Hand wash with a very soft and nice microfiber mitt. I use this Chemical Guys wash mitt and it has been incredible. I try to not use it on super dirty/built up gunk areas like behind the rear ties so that the dirt it may pick up doesn't get wiped all over the rest of the car and possibly scratch it. If I do, I leave those areas to wash last!
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...S4C9EGW600XFMP
6) Clean the wheels and tires with a typical brush, something like this one, but you don't need to break the bank on it. Any of them will work pretty much and not scratch the rims or remove the ceramic coating but will still remove brake dust.
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...omotive&sr=1-4
7) Rise entire car with either a regular nozzle or use the pressure washer. As you can tell the pressure washer with a quick connect is great for this process. I bought this one to replace my old washer that did not have a quick connect and only had 1500psi. I got mine on sale for $160.
https://www.amazon.com/Ryobi-RY14190...59978844&psc=1
8) Blow water off with a leaf blower. Since it is ceramic coated and very hydrophobic, the water pretty much runs off like crazy. There are certain spots that are tough to get all the water out, but you'll figure out how to get the water off after you do it a few times.
9) Spot clean with a non-wax infused spot cleaner. I use Meguirs spot cleaner that I linked below, and only use the very soft ceramic pro microfibers like stated earlier, but if you do some searching you can find equally soft ones online but make sure to get 'edgeless' ones, since the rougher edge can scratch the surface. Once you drive it, since the paint and coating is so perfect, you will notice a few streaks on say the side windows where the vert top meets the windshield (for my convertible, not sure on coupes), below the mirrors, and possibly some on the rear depending how well you blow it off. This is very easy as a last step and you're done!

Side note: For the interior, I use a leather conditioner for the seats, and then an all purpose total interior cleaner spray from Chemical Guys.
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...JG1TAT4TZPTPBB

I know that was a long a** post, but hopefully it helps. Get yourself a stage two, clear bra from a good brand like Xpel, and then Ceramic Pro coat it with either silver or gold package. I did not even know what any of this was prior to buying this car but I have done WAY TOO MUCH research and testing into what items work best. This is a surefire way to keep that beautiful 1LE SS, beautiful at all times!

P.S. - After doing it once a week for months, I can do that entire process in about 1.5 hours from start to finish. Then another 15min to hit the inside with my Dyson Animal or shop vac and wipe down/clean the interior with the Chem Guys stuff I linked. Add another 15min for leather conditioning but I've only done that two times since I got the car about 6 months ago.

I hope this helps because I just spent 25 minutes typing it while I should have been working lol, but I just wanted to share my process and such since I have spent hours and hours perfecting it and finding the best products.

If you do simply go with correction with no coating, do a stage two and shell out the cash for a clear bra. I will be doing both of those as well as the ceramic pro silver or gold on my next car.

Let me know what you end up doing and have a good one, man! Him me up if you have any questions. I have done loads of research and can probably point ya in the right direction no matter what you end up doing.

Grant

Last edited by GrantB; 08-21-2019 at 09:51 AM.
GrantB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:35 AM   #5
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseStark View Post
Dude I'm a full blown addict that's my problem. I keep getting thrown all this random nonsense that I "need". I literally have like 4 layers of protection, hand washing with clean soft pads and towels and I still have swirls

I'm even considering a stage 1 paint correction for 800 and a 3 layer ceramic coating for 1500 and they said swirls could still appear. What is the point of all of this?
I think you’re getting to the stage like I was. I had shelves full of stuff and was talked into “layering” - adding this and then adding that. Over the last five years I’ve used three different ceramic coatings, multiple polymers, multiple SIO two products etc. and when I got done I didn’t have any greater gloss than what I have now. Finishing polish with a random orbital once a year takes out any of the swirls I care about.

It almost became like phil hartman's “the anal retentive chef” on SNL, that is, throwing away garbage, then putting it in a Ziploc , then putting that in a Ziploc etc. etc.

the detailers want you to lay on a base coat then protect that with a sealant then protect that with blah blah blah, etc etc

I no longer buy that line of thinking… A good wash and sealants all I do in my car as always look immaculate…In fact I have broken down to the blasphemous procedure of using a touchless carwash, then wiping it down with something like Meguires Hydro ceramic spray while it’s still wet and then drying the car ....do it every couple months -15 minutes and I’m done.

The only place that I will still use fancy stuff like coatings is on the wheels, because it does make it easier to clean them, but that’s only once every couple years.

Last edited by Glen e; 08-21-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:38 AM   #6
HouseStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantB View Post
You, sir, seem to have quite the garage! One day I'll be there!

My 0.02 cents: Take it to a reputable 'Cermaic Pro' dealer. I live in Little Rock, AR and there are only two in my area. Not sure of your area, but I am sure there is a licensed business somewhere.

I had my 2017 2SS TWO stage paint corrected, then ceramic coated. Then some illegal immigrant (yes, no license, no insurance and even had a damn fake insurance card he handed to the police..) so he never got held accountable for any of it. F****** insane the police didn't send his idiot self back where he came from. Sorry for the rant, I'm still salty because it was such an insanely good deal I got on it. Depending on color, a single stage may work but will likely need 2 stage if you want it perfect.

Now I have a black 2SS, and I got that one done by a shop that a high school buddy owns. 2 stage correction and ceramic pro silver. Ran me about $1800 for each car, but the place I first got it done did not do the quality work of the place I got my new one done. They took so much time and care it was insane. Not sure of your car color, but black is way way way harder than any other color to perfectly paint correct. I suggest asking around your area, and if you tell me (PM or post back) your area, maybe someone knows who can do the best work. I have a 5 year warranty on my coating and once a year they touch it up for you even. I have minimal swirls and its been 6 months. And I mean MINIMAL. It looks insanely good, a literal mirror.

In conclusion: you seem to be doing alright for yourself with the car garage, I'd suggest dropping the $ on paint correction and ceramic coating. If you can bear the financial burden and really want it kept perfect, get the ceramic pro coaters to 2 stage paint correct (~$600), do the ceramic pro silver package ($1000 flat with 5 year warranty, or do the gold package with lifetime warranty for ~$1600), and then 100% get an excel or other reputable brand clear bra on the entire front bumper/fascia, the first 6"-8" of the hood/leading edge, side mirrors, and then the rear quarter panels in front of the rear tires since it kicks up s*** and will scratch the paint. That is a pre-determined package for like $600-$800 I believe from most shops. It is 100000% worth the investment if you plan to keep the car long term and want it to shine like a diamond.

Personal experience: Two stage paint correction and ceramic pro silver package is incredible and takes out EVERY swirl or imperfection. I am only 23 so I am not strapped with cash like my dad would be or others on the forum, but it was worth the $1800. My next sports car I will definitely do both the two stage and ceramic pro silver, but I would highly highly suggest a clear bra of a reputable brand. You have to get it done when you do the ceramic coating, though. There process is, at that point, paint correction, clear bra, then ceramic over the entire car/clear bra. You don't want to ceramic coat and decide later to get a clear bra because it then won't have the hydrophobic and easy cleaning properties of the rest of the car. It can be done after the coating but then you pay even more to have the bra ceramic coated! I have rock chips I didn't think I would ever get but I do drive my car in a 'spirited' manner sometimes...lol. But hey that is what it is meant for, right?

Reason I say two stage: one stage does not get every swirl out. I saw mine after the first stage and it wasn't up to par and is not near what the two stage provides. It will let you down. For instance, my buddy with the shop that did my current car with ceramic pro and such, they got an Aston Martin with 200 miles (TWO FREAKING HUNDRED) and had to do a stage two correction to make it perfect. It had a bajillion swirls, and yes that is a word. Stage one will disappoint...
The silver package by the way coats the calipers, wheels, and the entire exterior surfaces.

Cleaning of car with ceramic pro (with or without clear bra, does not matter): I have ceramic pro towels that are some grade of softness. Don't know what unit they have since it has been a while, but any micro-fiber >300 XXunits is soft enough to not swirl ceramic or anything else.
1) Get car wet with hose or pressure washer
2) Foam cannon with pressure washer the entire car with Chemical Guys soap
Foam canon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WPKHFA6/ref=emc_b_5_i
Soap WITHOUT wax that I use: https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...sr=1-5-catcorr
3) Rinse car with regular hose nozzle or pressure washer
4) Foam cannon again...(you can do isolated areas if you can't wash fast so you don't leave soap on the paint while washing other areas of the car)
5) Hand wash with a very soft and nice microfiber mitt. I use this Chemical Guys wash mitt and it has been incredible. I try to not use it on super dirty/built up gunk areas like behind the rear ties so that the dirt it may pick up doesn't get wiped all over the rest of the car and possibly scratch it. If I do, I leave those areas to wash last!
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...S4C9EGW600XFMP
6) Clean the wheels and tires with a typical brush, something like this one, but you don't need to break the bank on it. Any of them will work pretty much and not scratch the rims or remove the ceramic coating but will still remove brake dust.
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...omotive&sr=1-4
7) Rise entire car with either a regular nozzle or use the pressure washer. As you can tell the pressure washer with a quick connect is great for this process. I bought this one to replace my old washer that did not have a quick connect and only had 1500psi. I got mine on sale for $160.
https://www.amazon.com/Ryobi-RY14190...59978844&psc=1
8) Blow water off with a leaf blower. Since it is ceramic coated and very hydrophobic, the water pretty much runs off like crazy. There are certain spots that are tough to get all the water out, but you'll figure out how to get the water off after you do it a few times.
9) Spot clean with a non-wax infused spot cleaner. I use Meguirs spot cleaner that I linked below, and only use the very soft ceramic pro microfibers like stated earlier, but if you some searching you can find equally soft ones online but make sure to get 'edgeless' ones, since the roucher edge can scratch the surface. Once you drive it, since the paint and coating is so perfect, you will notice a few streaks on say the side windows where the vert top meets the windshield (for my convertible, not sure on coupes), below the mirrors, and possibly some on the rear deeding how well you blow it off. This is very easy as a last step and you're done!

Side note: For the interior, I use a leather conditioner for the seats, and then an all purpose total interior cleaner spray from Chemical Guys.
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...JG1TAT4TZPTPBB

I know that was a long a** post, but hopefully it helps. Get yourself a stage two, clear bra from a good brand, and then Ceramic Pro coat it with either silver or gold package. I did not even know what any of this was prior to buying this car but I have done WAY TOO MUCH research and testing into what items work best. This is a surefire way to keep that beautiful 1LE SS, beautiful at all times!

P.S. - After doing it once a week for months, I can do that entire process in about 1.5 hours from start to finish. Then another 15min to hit the inside with my Dyson Animal or shop vac and wipe down/clean the interior with the Chem Guys stuff I linked. Add another 15min for leather conditioning but I've only done that two times since I got the car about 6 months ago.

I hope this helps because I just spent 25 minutes typing it while I should have been working lol, but I just wanted to share my process and such since I have spent hours and hours perfecting it and finding the best products.

If you do simply go with correction with no coating, do a stage two and shell out the cash for a clear bra. I will be doing that and the ceramic pro silver or gold on my next car.

Let me know what you end up doing and have a good one, man! Him me up if you have any questions. I have done loads of research and can probably point ya in the right direction no matter what you end up doing!

Grant
Very comprehensive I appreciate your input and sorry to hear about your first Camaro that's some bad luck. Haha well I got rid of the other 2 but it would be nice to have all 3!

Esoteric is near me and they are phenomenal just pricey. Single stage paint correction is 800, 3 stage Ceramic Coating is 1500 plus 120 to include windows. Full Expel protection clear wrap is 5400
Old 08-21-2019, 09:47 AM   #7
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I agree with what Glen said...as I get older and after many years of detailing, I now work smarter instead of harder. These new SIO2 products are amazing and have made things so much easier and better! I personally like Carpro products, I polish once a year with their Essence polish, seal usually every 6 months (twice a year) with Reload, then do a weekly rinseless wash with EcH20. I usually spray on a quick detailer mixture that a lot of use here, Ech20, distilled water, and Reload, on the car after doing a rinseless on each panel, usually every few washes and sometimes do a QD with the same mixture every now and again between washes if the car is not quite ready for a rinseless wash.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:09 AM   #8
GrantB

I would not do the entire car. I'd do their basic Xpel, that covers a part of the hood, front bumper, side mirrors, and in front of the rear tires where the front tires throw stuff at it. I believe my local shop quoted me $800 or something of the sort. Our cars have a pre-fab design that they have in their system and can simply print out the exact shapes, so it isn't custom and more expensive. I think with two stage correction, clear bra in the main problem areas I listed above, and ceramic pro silver, my shop would have charged me $2500. It was $1700 or $1800 flat with tax for correction and coating. If you do all of it, you should easily be able to get a good deal. Walk in and ask what they charge for all that, and say you'll give them XXXX since you're doing it all. Most of them will negotiate because a few days of work for 2k+ is good for their business!

That is, if you decide to go that way^ I agree there is other good ways to keep a car very clean and swirl free, but the clear bra protects the actual car and the ceramic makes keeping it spot free and the rims clean sooooo much easier! Hydrophobic makes it where you can blow it all off basically instead of rubbing a towel or shamwow all over your paint. Like I said it is night and day different from a car that isn't coated. Only thing I regret is cheaping out and not doing the Xpel prior to coating..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseStark View Post
Very comprehensive I appreciate your input and sorry to hear about your first Camaro that's some bad luck. Haha well I got rid of the other 2 but it would be nice to have all 3!

Esoteric is near me and they are phenomenal just pricey. Single stage paint correction is 800, 3 stage Ceramic Coating is 1500 plus 120 to include windows. Full Expel protection clear wrap is 5400
Old 08-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #9
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
There's absolutely no reason for all of that. 40 years of cars and there's no reason for any of that, falling in to the myriad of products quagmire that they want you to "need" but I suspect from your posts you have other things going with you that transcend detailing a car. Just being honest.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #10
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
I think you’re getting to the stage like I was. I had shelves full of stuff and was talked into “layering” - adding this and then adding that. Over the last five years I’ve used three different ceramic coatings, multiple polymers, multiple SIO two products etc. and when I got done I didn’t have any greater gloss than what I have now. Finishing polish with a random orbital once a year takes out any of the swirls I care about.

It almost became like John Lovett’s “the anal retentive chef” on SNL, that is, throwing away garbage, then putting it in a Ziploc , then putting that in a Ziploc etc. etc.

the detailers want you to lay on a base coat then protect that with a sealant then protect that with blah blah blah, etc etc

I no longer buy that line of thinking… A good wash and sealants all I do in my car as always look immaculate…In fact I have broken down to the blasphemous procedure of using a touchless carwash, then wiping it down with something like Meguires Hydro ceramic spray while it’s still wet and then drying the car ....do it every couple months -15 minutes and I’m done.

The only place that I will still use fancy stuff like coatings is on the wheels, because it does make it easier to clean them, but that’s only once every couple years.
Glen, I hate to disagree with you, but you are completely wrong!

The Anal Retentive Chef was Phil Hartman.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #11
Glen e

omg you are correct....post corrected.....
Old 08-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #12
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Wow. I just use Optimum rinseless wash. Takes about 20 min max if I take my time. My car looks sparkly clean when I'm done. I'd lose my mind if I went through all the stuff you do.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #13
GrantB

You have to quote or mention which post you're talking about, man...lol

Sure it may be overkill, but if someone keeps their car for many many years and doesn't get rid of it the second their payments are done, it will keep the paint and everything in pristine condition. Imagine if some of these barn finds had cermaic pro on them back in the day. Probably would take a simple buff and bam, its back to shiny and you could re-coat it or whatever you'd like. That ceramic would be a protective layer against the environment and could just be polished away to reveal the perfect clearcoat!

All in all, its 'to each their own' and is personal preference. I hate rock chips and I hate swirls in black paint. Might as well prevent it and keep my car looking incredible for years to come! I do not plan on getting rid of it any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
There's absolutely no reason for all of that. 40 years of cars and there's no reason for any of that, falling in to the myriad of products quagmire that they want you to "need" but I suspect from your posts you have other things going with you that transcend detailing a car. Just being honest.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #14
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
omg you are correct....post corrected.....