Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 10-12-2019, 07:29 AM   #29
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
Cooper. I didnt imply any of that. And yes i did/do assume gas only sorry about that. And no, i am just trying to figure it all out. You do have the data i am assuming, it would be valued info but i understand the need for privacy since its a client build. I really appreciate your skill and maybe someday you could look over my shoulder and offer advice.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #30
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
That read a bit rougher than intended, a lot of things get lost in translation with a typed word. I edited that. Your all good Wook

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #31
wookwook

sorry man. I could use a little more care in getting ideas across if it may seem thorny. Its my engineering mind at full tilt sometimes.

W.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:40 AM   #32
Vne182

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro LS
Quick update, I installed the ZZP Silicone intake tube between the airbox and turbo. You can barely hear the internal bov and compressor wheel with the windows down. I'm not sure if it was worth the cost.
I know there's a K&N drop-in filter but I'm not interested in throwing in an oiled-filter right in front of the maf sensor. The large OEM paper filter seems like a good filter anyway, especially with the ability to filter much finer particles out here in the dusty West.
Vne182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:52 AM   #33
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vne182 View Post
Quick update, I installed the ZZP Silicone intake tube between the airbox and turbo. You can barely hear the internal bov and compressor wheel with the windows down. I'm not sure if it was worth the cost.
I know there's a K&N drop-in filter but I'm not interested in throwing in an oiled-filter right in front of the maf sensor. The large OEM paper filter seems like a good filter anyway, especially with the ability to filter much finer particles out here in the dusty West.
At least it looks better than the stock tube...

IMO, to make full use of the intake tube you need the K&N drop-in and then need to open up the exhaust side of the turbo.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #34
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vne182 View Post
You need the JacFab/BNR Recirculation Valve to hear the turbo better.

Careful of what you wish for though. I had an open box CAI with the JacFab/BNR Recirculation Valve and it was way to loud. The sound is not what you would imagine either. It's not just single, clean, blow off wosh sound, it's a ricocheting, echoing, alien breathing sound. I couldn't stand it. I ended up selling the CAI and doing just the intake tube w/stock air box and the sound level is perfect with the Recirculation Valve IMO.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:25 AM   #35
18i4m6

Drives: 2018 I4 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
You need the JacFab/BNR Recirculation Valve to hear the turbo better.

Careful of what you wish for though. I had an open box CAI with the JacFab/BNR Recirculation Valve and it was way to loud. The sound is not what you would imagine either. It's not just single, clean, blow off wosh sound, it's a ricocheting, echoing, alien breathing sound. I couldn't stand it. I ended up selling the CAI and doing just the intake tube w/stock air box and the sound level is perfect with the Recirculation Valve IMO.
That actually sounds fun, is it like heavy Supra like flutter? What CAI did you have?

Tinted/blackout paint everywhere/debadged
Catted Mishimoto downpipe
Mishimoto CAI
MBRP V6 axleback exhaust
Jacfab/BNR Boostolator
Racechip RS
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's

Onstar tracking removal - pending
18i4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:23 AM   #36
wookwook

"ricocheting, echoing, alien breathing sound."

Old 10-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #37
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Yeah, I love the sound, but I cant imagine having an open box to go along with it.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:03 AM   #38
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Yeah, I love the sound, but I cant imagine having an open box to go along with it.
It's really not that bad it got a little annoying after 4 months then you just get used to it.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:57 AM   #39
JJ2218

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2.0 1LE
I put in the mishimoto tube + KN, and it is definitely louder.
JJ2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:32 AM   #40
wookwook

stock intake with kn dry. swooh phsssssssssssh. more or less at inspired level of acceleration. casual shifting not so much.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:17 PM   #41
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18i4m6 View Post
That actually sounds fun, is it like heavy Supra like flutter? What CAI did you have?
No, not like the Supra turbo sound at all.

Mishimoto CAI.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 10-15-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #42
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
No, not like the Supra turbo sound at all.

Mishimoto CAI.
It's definitely not like a supra flutter i agree I'd say jasons video is fairly accurate on what ot sounds like.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote