Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 08-29-2019, 09:29 PM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Angry errrr cant get BMR delrin bushings to line up.

they are in the cradle fine. i can get the front lined up but i can not get both the rear bolts in. i can move the whole cradle as long as the front bolts are not tight enough for the alignment pins to be in. but i can not get the rear bolts in even with the front alignment pins in. worked on this all day. errrrrrrr
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:37 PM   #2
JCunningham

i have a idea. rear in 1st with bolts through the bushings. strt rears in maybe an inch then wiggle it on the front alignment pins.
i was also thinking of studs.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 09-01-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Any chance the front bushing and rears are swaped somehow?

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:27 PM   #4
JCunningham

no. the fronts have a groove and partially drilled out bigger for the alignment pins. i noticed the oem bushings have a huge hole in them for the bolt and the bmr are only big enough for the bolts.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #5
JCunningham

i ended up using 150mm studs.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:00 PM   #6
JCunningham

i torqued the studs too 100lbft with blue medium threadlocker. the original bolts are 74lbft + 105deg
Old 09-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #7
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
i torqued the studs too 100lbft with blue medium threadlocker. the original bolts are 74lbft + 105deg
You mind posting some pics?
My stock bars cannot handle loads with R7s!
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:50 PM   #8
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
OH your not talking about their sway bars...
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #9
JCunningham

I have there adjustable bars
Old 10-14-2019, 07:25 PM   #10
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I have there adjustable bars
How's the ride (NVH) with those delrin bushings?
Would it be tolerable for a DD in your opinion?

Also, would like to know how much improvement with the sway bars?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:04 AM   #11
JCunningham

i noticed no NVH. i would have no problem putting them in a DD. The sway bars were a slight improvement over the 1LE bars. I probably wouldn't bother with the bars unless it was used on the track.